Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some thinking, I have come to the following table of correspondences between the Zodiac signs and the MBTI.

Aries - N
Taurus - SJ
Gemini - TP
Cancer - F
Leo - NJ
Virgo - SP
Libra - T
Scorpio - FJ
Sagittarius - NP
Capricorn - S
Aquarius - TJ
Pisces - FP

What do you think?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Me neither.

Also, I'm a Libra and I'm an F, my sister is the same.
My mum is Cancer, and shes ISTJ....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not what I meant. Of course I'm not saying that every Leo, for instance, is an NJ; but Leo (the sign) is itself NJ.

S, N, T, and F are traditionally associated with the elements Earth, Fire, Air, and Water, respectively. And as the Zodiac signs are divided evenly among the same elements, there is definitely a correspondence. The only thing I've added is the distinction between Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable signs.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I don't see how FJ fits Scorpio in the slightest.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Doesn't make sense in my case either. Virgo, and I'm an INFJ.

Reactions: Dissonance

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't make sense in my case either. Virgo, and I'm an INFJ.
If astrology is to be believed in, what my table of correspondences is saying is that your Sun sign's being Virgo gives an SP influence to your character---just as all the other signs (your Moon sign, Rising sign, Chinese signs, etc.) are factors codetermining your character.

INFJ is a resultant of all the factors codetermining your character. For instance, if Sun sign Virgo is 2, and the other factors are -1 and 4, then the resultant would be 2 + -1 + 4 = 5. So what you've said is, "I'm not a 2, I'm a 5!" But I never said you were a 2, only that your Sun sign was 2.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Astrology makes no sense. I'm a Taurus INTJ. (And I'm not talking about the car!)

·
Registered
716 Posts
After some thinking, I have come to the following table of correspondences between the Zodiac signs and the MBTI.

Aries - N
Taurus - SJ
Gemini - TP
Cancer - F
Leo - NJ
Virgo - SP
Libra - T
Scorpio - FJ
Sagittarius - NP
Capricorn - S
Aquarius - TJ
Pisces - FP

What do you think?
I'm a virgo but I'm INFP. I can see how the virgo-horoscope could be SP. Then again, I don't relate to descriptions of my zodiac and I never have. That leads me to not believe in astrology - at all!

·
Registered
512 Posts

Aries - N maybe
Taurus - SJ yes
Gemini - TP yes
Cancer - F yes
Leo - NJ yes
Virgo - SP yes
Libra - T yes
Scorpio - FJ yes
Sagittarius - NP maybe
Capricorn - S yes
Aquarius - TJ yes
Pisces - FP yes

What do you think?
I have scorpio sun virgo moon gemini rising

so I would be SFP.

It might correlate more with a persons moon sign rather than there sun since it has to do more with mental/emotional traits.
Just a though.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Aries - N
Taurus - SJ
Gemini - TP
Cancer - F
Leo - NJ
Virgo - SP
Libra - T
Scorpio - FJ
Sagittarius - NP
Capricorn - S
Aquarius - TJ
Pisces - FP

What do you think?
I'm an ENFP. I've got six planets in Capricorn (sun, mercury, venus, saturn, uranus, and neptune), and I am very much not S. My asc and mars is in Taurus. The only thing that fits is my Pisces moon (29 degree in the 12th house, square sun...so verrrry Piscean.)

·
Registered
513 Posts
those willing to type cartoon characters for fun can't see the point in typing astrological signs? maybe they're just stupid, idk. but i guess it's ok as long as declaring "astrology is a fraud" makes you think you're smarter than everyone else. hey, guess what, water is wet! what do i win?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If we could all choose our astrological signs then there might be a correlation, but since we can't, there really is none.

Reactions: Wake
1 - 20 of 130 Posts