Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I myself have always enjoyed zombie or post-apocalyptic films.
So, I was pretty excited to hear about a new show that would be concerning such.

The show is called "The Walking Dead" and it's going to premiere on AMC on October 31. However, I'm not sure about when/if it will premiere internationally.
(If you're a haxor you might be able to get the leaked first episode online..shh..)

I believe it's based on a comic book series also. It looks interesting, I don't think there has ever been a show like it.

So... anyone else going to tune into it? Any thoughts/comments?

Trailer:

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
I myself have always enjoyed zombie or post-apocalyptic films.
So, I was pretty excited to hear about a new show that would be concerning such.

The show is called "The Walking Dead" and it's going to premiere on AMC on October 31. However, I'm not sure about when/if it will premiere internationally.
(If you're a haxor you might be able to get the leaked first episode online..shh..)

I believe it's based on a comic book series also. It looks interesting, I don't think there has ever been a show like it.

So... anyone else going to tune into it? Any thoughts/comments?

Hell yeah I am going to watch it!! Been super psyched for a long time. My friend downloaded the first ep and said it was a near perfect rendition of the comic.

Reactions: confusedone

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Looks good I think I'll take my gf to see it.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Looks good I think I'll take my gf to see it.
It will be a long running TV series if it does well. It will be broadcast on AMC starting on the 31st of October.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
I watched the first episode and I must say it was just like the comic. Acting so far as been good as well.

Reactions: confusedone

·
Registered
29 Posts
Being kind of a zombie fan I was pretty excited for this show.

Then I watched it. Another lowest common denominator TV show. Ugh!

Super disappointing. The characters are lame and unbelievable. The casting is annoying because they attempted to cover the entire American demographic and did so terribly. The acting is subpar. The writing is cheesy. The "Walking" look alive and over animated and not soulless, lifeless creatures void of anything that used to be human. The camera work has something to be desired. There's no excuse for such a lame story line so far.

I was hoping for Lost meets The Road meets Resident Evil. It has the budget but clearly not the creative tallent. Shame.

I want to look into the characters eyes (camera work) and see authentic emotion (acting) that is apporriate to the situation (writing).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Being kind of a zombie fan I was pretty excited for this show.

Then I watched it. Another lowest common denominator TV show. Ugh!

Super disappointing. The characters are lame and unbelievable. The casting is annoying because they attempted to cover the entire American demographic and did so terribly. The acting is subpar. The writing is cheesy. The "Walking" look alive and over animated and not soulless, lifeless creatures void of anything that used to be human. The camera work has something to be desired. There's no excuse for such a lame story line so far.

I was hoping for Lost meets The Road meets Resident Evil. It has the budget but clearly not the creative tallent. Shame.
Hm. So far, I don't think the show is that disappointing.
The storyline in my opinion has been pretty "interesting".. I just hope that it doesn't fall more into an overdone story line rather than an original one as time progresses.
Thus far, I don't think it's had the problem of being cliche other than with some of the characters.

If I may ask -- why do you characterize the storyline as "lame" right now? There's only been 3 episodes :tongue: Do you plan on watching further episodes?

Not that I'm in any position to criticize, but I don't really like the zombies much either. Their appearance and just their overall disposition doesn't give them a good "undead" feel.
Oh well, so far that's been my only (venial) peeve about the show.

Anyway, anyone else have any comments or thoughts so far if you've been watching? :happy:

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
I haven't read the comic, but I was interested in it. Would everyone say its worth heading over to Hulu and using a couple of hours of my time to watch it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you're interested in the theme of the show, I would recommend it to you.
You don't necessarily have to have read the comic to understand the episodes. That's just where some of the settings/characters come from.

As a note, though, the first episode (pilot) is a little slow for its length. Not slow in a boring way, but it may be if you're not into story-building and are looking for action right away. The following episodes aren't as "slow". :happy:

Hope this helps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts