Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The purpose of this thread is to just have fun and I need some ideas for a zombie book I started writing.
So does anyone have a plan for the so call ZA. Places to go? things to get? teams to form? etc... Or give up because the zombies are too powerful?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
In a similar thread there was consensus on the usefulness of getting to a library for all the how-to books

Reactions: ohTOMICho

·
Registered
408 Posts
I wouldn't plan anything for a post zombie apocalypse. If such a thing took place, the world would not be fun to live in any more, so I'd rather die instead.
It's like people planning for a nuclear winter or stuff like that. Why would they want to plan so that they survive in a planet-wide nuclear wasteland, burried in some hole for years and years? What sort of life would that be? much rather die

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you don't want to get infected, then make sure the zombies don't smear their liquids on you. That includes bodily fluids, saliva, and whatever they can puke out. Obviously, it's better not to get near the zombies at all. But if you're trapped and want to stay human, then take note of this.

If you want a zombie novel to read, I suggest Feed by Mira Grant. I actually haven't read that yet, but I am reading it's sequel, Deadline. I haven't finished it, but it's pretty interesting. The main character is pretty witty and sarcastic.

Reactions: Zero_

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would honestly just give up and not try to do some I am Legend shit and die in the end in the first place. I will just accept my fate, and go along for the ride.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Initially, I planned to just let them eat me...but then I saw the following clip from "The Walking Dead":
...Now I'm thinking, "Oh, gee...what if they don't finish me?"

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Hole up away from windows in a secure location; Do not go outside unless absolutely necessary. Do not panic. Be prepared for power outages, food and water shortage, and minor injuries (emergency preparedness kit: flashlight, rations, first aid). Basically the same gameplan as for a hurricane...sort of.

Do not attempt to engage the zombies. Arm yourself for defense only, both from the undead and rioters.
Avoid large groups of people. The living are often a greater threat. When stress is high and resources not guaranteed, people react poorly.
Staying safe is the first priority. Do not attempt to locate other survivors or resources if it will put you in danger, and only if it is absolutely necessary. Trust family and friends to find their own way to safety; set up a meeting place in advance for emergency situations - obviously every emergency is going to require a different timeframe and safe location. Expect delays and plan accordingly. This bears repeating: do not panic.

The zombie apocalypse is only terrifying in movies because people make stupid decisions. Stay safe, lay low, don't panic, and hope your luck doesn't suck.

That's my plan...with feedback from my INTJ bf. :p

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Hole up away from windows in a secure location; Do not go outside unless absolutely necessary. Do not panic. Be prepared for power outages, food and water shortage, and minor injuries (emergency preparedness kit: flashlight, rations, first aid). Basically the same gameplan as for a hurricane...sort of.

Do not attempt to engage the zombies. Arm yourself for defense only, both from the undead and rioters.
Avoid large groups of people. The living are often a greater threat. When stress is high and resources not guaranteed, people react poorly.
Staying safe is the first priority. Do not attempt to locate other survivors or resources if it will put you in danger, and only if it is absolutely necessary. Trust family and friends to find their own way to safety; set up a meeting place in advance for emergency situations - obviously every emergency is going to require a different timeframe and safe location. Expect delays and plan accordingly. This bears repeating: do not panic.

The zombie apocalypse is only terrifying in movies because people make stupid decisions. Stay safe, lay low, don't panic, and hope your luck doesn't suck.

That's my plan...with feedback from my INTJ bf. :p
Your post clearly illustrates my point. Being a survivor is boring. You have to hide behind barricades and eat canned meat for entertainment. If you just embrace zombiness you can lurch wherever you want, whenever you want. You get to say Uuurrrggh all the time! And nothing beats fresh brains for lunch.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
My normal survival gear. +
AR 15 with 100,000 rounds of miscellaneous ammo stashed away. Armor Piercing, Tracer, Incendiary, etc.
Spare barrels and parts for the AR.
Mossberg 500 riot shotgun with 10,000 rounds of 00 buckshot, Flechettes, dimes, maybe a few bolo rounds and some dragon's breath.
Glock 23 (.40 SW) with 10,000 rounds of Black Talon ammo.
26" Katana.

Then there's the stuff in the compound...

;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your post clearly illustrates my point. Being a survivor is boring. You have to hide behind barricades and eat canned meat for entertainment. If you just embrace zombiness you can lurch wherever you want, whenever you want. You get to say Uuurrrggh all the time! And nothing beats fresh brains for lunch.
most people are passive survivors, those who want to have fun are a bit more aggressive. Time to hunt!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
self-powering, power-generating treadmills... surround property with these... cultivate crops and animals... live forever.

best plan because able to walk around property like a boss and laugh at zombie plebs powering up all my shit with their eternal running/limping
i assume you were thinking about this

1 - 17 of 17 Posts