Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
We're all wacko.

I am never going to write about Ni v. Fe again on this forum.

My head will explode. :angry:

Talk about redundant redundancies! :crazy:
We are more than type! :happy:

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
Indeed, but I think somebody needs to post something about this in the "sticky" section.

One way or another it always gets brought back up.
I agree with you. :happy:

Reactions: Daveman

·
Registered
430 Posts
Honestly I find it annoying how it seems people use the whole MTBI thing to make them feel they are part of a special or unique group. I think it's just because I feel it's just such a common thing now for everyone to want to part of some unique minority group. I mean for once can we just unite on be human and be brothers and sisters in that cause?? I'm really just here because one I desperately need an outlet from my current isolation and two I want to better understand myself so maybe I can finally be something better.

Anyways, sorry, I know I went way off the mark on that rant.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
as long as you are posting in subforums titled something like "INFJ" or "MBTI" or "Cognitive functions" people will be discussing the relevant theory

if you want to avoid these theory discussions there are more subforums down below titled general psychology, advice center, sex and relationships, education and technology, etc where people discuss general stuffs that's not related to Jung or MBTI

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as long as you are posting in subforums titled something like "INFJ" or "MBTI" or "Cognitive functions" people will be discussing the relevant theory

if you want to avoid these theory discussions there are more subforums down below titled general psychology, advice center, sex and relationships, education and technology, etc where people discuss general stuffs that's not related to Jung or MBTI
I assume this was directed at the poster above you, but just to make clear, I don't have a problem discussing the issue, but this is something that has been covered many times in more ways than one.

I feel like I have written the same thing in about a million different ways.

·
Registered
430 Posts

I don't if you were talking to be but discussing the theory wasn't what I indicated I get annoyed with. In general I just get annoyed when people tirelessly champion being part of some unique group as if they're more special because of it. I mean there's good in having a grasp on who you are but when people get so hung up on all the little differences they forget about all the big things that unite us and the importance of being able to find common ground and relate to others.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
I don't if you were talking to be but discussing the theory wasn't what I indicated I get annoyed with. In general I just get annoyed when people tirelessly champion being part of some unique group as if they're more special because of it. I mean there's good in having a grasp on who you are but when people get so hung up on all the little differences they forget about all the big things that unite us and the importance of being able to find common ground and relate to others.
Well said :happy:

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I assume this was directed at the poster above you, but just to make clear, I don't have a problem discussing the issue, but this is something that has been covered many times in more ways than one.

I feel like I have written the same thing in about a million different ways.
I didn't quite understand what the problem with Ni Fe was. Repetition yeah, this forum gets old eventually I've been reading it for 6+ months now, so I read may be every 5th post and skip the other 4 that contain nothing new. Eventually people move out to other forums or to spend their forum whoring time on something else.

Honestly I find it annoying how it seems people use the whole MTBI thing to make them feel they are part of a special or unique group. I think it's just because I feel it's just such a common thing now for everyone to want to part of some unique minority group. I mean for once can we just unite on be human and be brothers and sisters in that cause?? I'm really just here because one I desperately need an outlet from my current isolation and two I want to better understand myself so maybe I can finally be something better.

I don't really see people going around posting "look how unique and awesome I am". Most newcomers are simply glad they found others like them so they feel better about who they are.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't really see people going around posting "look how unique and awesome I am". Most newcomers are simply glad they found others like them so they feel better about who they are.
Again you're taking my words in a way that was never said or meant. If you're not going to attempt to understand my intent then there's no point in me further conversing on this topic. Take it as you want it. I can't change your mind.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Again you're taking my words in a way that was never said or meant. If you're not going to attempt to understand my intent then there's no point in me further conversing on this topic. Take it as you want it. I can't change your mind.
I don't see evidence that would support your statement hence why I am surprised at this conclusion.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
[/innocent whistle]

And in an attempt to clear up the above...

So, from what I've read, it doesn't seem to be that Vel disputes your point. She is simply stating guidelines for posters and what normally occurs here under those guidelines. You're still free to be yourself as much as you'd like to be. ;)

I didn't quite understand what the problem with Ni Fe was. Repetition yeah, this forum gets old eventually I've been reading it for 6+ months now, so I read may be every 5th post and skip the other 4 that contain nothing new. Eventually people move out to other forums or to spend their forum whoring time on something else.

From what I can see, FromTheWorldUp is seeing it somewhat like high school cliques perhaps? Sequestered groups where the more 'important' or 'popular' members explain everything through function aside from other ways. Perhaps there is some intimidation caused from misunderstanding? I know I don't really understand all the terms yet... :p

Reactions: vel

·
Registered
430 Posts
[/innocent whistle]

And in an attempt to clear up the above...

So, from what I've read, it doesn't seem to be that Vel disputes your point. She is simply stating guidelines for posters and what normally occurs here under those guidelines. You're still free to be yourself as much as you'd like to be. ;)

From what I can see, FromTheWorldUp is seeing it somewhat like high school cliques perhaps? Sequestered groups where the more 'important' or 'popular' members explain everything through function aside from other ways. Perhaps there is some intimidation caused from misunderstanding? I know I don't really understand all the terms yet... :p
Never once did I refer to this forum and I only once referred to MTBI. After that I was speaking very much in general.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Going back and looking at my original post I can see how in the context of this thread it could be interpreted that way but my comment was very general and I even admitted afterward in the same comment that I had gone of the mark. I mean you could choose to see what I wrote as criticism of these forums but that wasn't in my words or intent. My next comment was even more general. I think I'm getting misunderstood here because I took this thread and ran in a different direction with it. I guess I better stay on the road next time...

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Try to look at it from my point of view.

If you see the "big picture" from what I've been saying since I started posting on here, you should understand.

My purpose has been to settle this very dispute. My harmony seaking idealism had me wanting to become a protector of the protectors, and my mission was to bring peace to this forum. This project was as much for myself as anyone else, as I was trying to show myself that this is where my "worth" comes from, and I was putting my insight to "use".

I get annoyed with the repetition, because it seems that people just don't "get" it. We're not like all the other introverts- not us "ethical subtypes" anyway.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i do agree with you sincel i hardly feel special because i am INFJ actually i hate being in the minority. there are so few of us and we are so hidden that i felt alone in the world. the fact i am an INFJ and have met others is what is letting me grow to something more by understanding myself better. It has been extremely helpful to finally understand myself since it was drilled in my brain to never believe my intuition without any facts...when i have facts. i just am not accessing in a normally accepted way.

honestly pretty much almost any INFJ that feels better then others because they are so rare or just because they are an INFJ most likely are not INFJs.

also just came up with this: "Introverted Intuition and math are nearly the same because it doesn't matter to anyone else unless you show your work"

man i am on my fire with words today... i should start to work on my novel before i lose it.

·
Registered
509 Posts

Wish I could thank your post twice. And I apologize, in advance, for going even further off the mark.

I don't feel like I really fit in even in this forum, although it's closer than what I find on a day to day basis. Some INFJs here I can relate to, others not as much. Don't separate yourself from humanity by focusing on being a given type. And trying to find small similarities not necessarily related to type doesn't help. Use what you learn from studying yourself and your differences to help you interact with others.

Not saying that everyone on here does this, but it does happen. And naturally so. Most of us in the INFJ forum probably feel or have felt like we don't belong for most of our lives. But once you get over the "Hey there are others like me!" I think it is time to start figuring out how knowing that can help you relate to people of other types. Which will wind up being a worthwhile endeavor since there are billions of them.
Just venting, I can tell the main course of action for a lot of people on this forum is entertainment in one form or another.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts