Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now 40 and all my life I have had annoying issue, which no test or diet change has had much of effect.

Problem is that when I read text, I zone out, sometimes every line or even bit more often, sometimes only once in paragraph, there seems not to be connection how interesting reading material is.

I can't notice anything being wrong until I (my thoughts, mind that I'm aware of) come back from somewhere, I notice vision being black and in split second vision comes back and start to focus, then I have to find out where is last word I remember reading and start again.

When I'm tired there is more of events, also once I was ordered to take depressant medicine and that made it a lot worse, I could not finish reading a chapter of book and it was very tiny dose, which should of not affected immediately at all, but it did. My belief is that such medicine lowers serotonin levels. What I'm not aware is if medicine made me more aware of such events or if it increased occurrences, but I can read better without medicine, I read very slowly though.

Problem exists also elsewhere than just reading, when listening someone talk, when driving a car (which I stopped doing), if I throw darts and try to calculate score, that zone out makes it quite hard, I have to logically try to think what I was doing, why I have darts on my hand, then what was subtotal I had in my mind before zoning out.

It has been similar at least since teenage years, but it has been worse in last 10 years.

I don't use anything like alcohol or drugs etc. I keep food diary, weight everything I eat and do my best to get good nutritional food every day.

I have been tested for epilepsy because of this 6 times, 4 times they have scanned my brain in tube, but no explanation has been found.

Around 12 years old I was placed in environment where concussion occurred several times a week, also they put lot of drugs in me, to make me "normal", I'm not sure if that would of caused something.

Anyone has had similar or heard someone that has had similar symptoms?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do zone out while reading. I had 3 concussions in 2.5 months about 15 years ago and a 4th one a couple years ago. If you had several concussions a week, you'd be dead. I do zone out a lot while reading (or just get tired and want to sleep) so I know wht you're talking about.
Sometimes I do wonder myself, if I am actually dead but just think I'm alive.

Hit and lights out, that classifies as concussion? Anyway that is what I mean.

Do you also forget easily what you read? For me it seems to cause some issue of remembering what I read, which is also why I have to re-read line that I just read, or at least I thought I read.

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Sometimes I do wonder myself, if I am actually dead but just think I'm alive.

Hit and lights out, that classifies as concussion? Anyway that is what I mean.

Do you also forget easily what you read? For me it seems to cause some issue of remembering what I read, which is also why I have to re-read line that I just read, or at least I thought I read.
Not sure if hit and lights out is always a concussion but could be. Yes, sometimes I have to reread things due to zoning out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts