Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I once saw Zooey Deschanel typed as INTP and I couldn't believe it! My best friend is an INTP and she enjoys astrophysics and not shallow activities like vintage shopping. Zoo Desch is not an INTP (maybe an ESFP). INTP's don't write songs about lame topics such as 'sunshine'; they're into more esoteric things than that.

What do you INTP's think? Do you think the person who typed her as INTP knows nothing about Myers-Briggs?

I want to hear from you guys!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Well it has to do more with her cognitive functions. Just because she doesn't follow the heartless, stoic robot stereotype does not mean she can't be an INTP.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Maybe she acted like INTP way back then, but now she seems to have more of an E function.. o-O

I don't believe she can INTP either, but you never know.. celebrities can be very very different than you think them to be. Hmm..

Do you remember which place you saw this?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe she acted like INTP way back then, but now she seems to have more of an E function.. o-O

I don't believe she can INTP either, but you never know.. celebrities can be very very different than you think them to be. Hmm..

Do you remember which place you saw this?​
It's just that she's very into aesthetics which does not fit the INTP functions at all. My INTP best friend does not care about things like sunshine or vintage clothing. Actually, she gets nervous around shallow people (although she is very sweet and open-minded). Zoo Desch plays shallow roles and writes songs about lame things like sunshin. She sells music to hipsters which really should be playing in old age homes!

I've sadly seen this in many places.

Reactions: gestalt

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
It's just that she's very into aesthetics which does not fit the INTP functions at all. My INTP best friend does not care about things like sunshine or vintage clothing. Actually, she gets nervous around shallow people (although she is very sweet and open-minded). Zoo Desch plays shallow roles and writes songs about lame things like sunshin. She sells music to hipsters which really should be playing in old age homes!

I've sadly seen this in many places.
You're basing your opinion on a stereotype. My best INTP mate enjoys fashion and shopping. That has nothing to do with her type and everything to do with her as an individual. Saying that an INTP can't enjoy fashion is like saying that boys can't like the color pink, enjoy flowers, etc. It's absurd.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're basing your opinion on a stereotype. My best INTP mate enjoys fashion and shopping. That has nothing to do with her type and everything to do with her as an individual. Saying that an INTP can't enjoy fashion is like saying that boys can't like the color pink, enjoy flowers, etc. It's absurd.
No, it is not absurd. I just think that singing songs about sunshine and putting out a Christmas album is very Se, which is why I'd go with ESFP or ISFP.

Reactions: Mulberries

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah, aesthetics are actually very important to me. True, function should come first, but there's nothing exhilarating about it. I adore aesthetics for the sake of aesthetics, and while I'm too lazy, weird-ed out by consumerism, and afraid to ask my parents for money to actually shop a lot, I'd be a beastly fashion critic if anyone cared about my opinion.

Also, thank you thank you thank you for changing your avatar Ace.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, aesthetics are actually very important to me. True, function should come first, but there's nothing exhilarating about it. I adore aesthetics for the sake of aesthetics, and while I'm too lazy, weird-ed out by consumerism, and afraid to ask my parents for money to actually shop a lot, I'd be a beastly fashion critic if anyone cared about my opinion.
I wasn't saying that INTP's cannot be into aesthetics; Zoo Desch is extremely shallow and is nothing more than aesthetics which fits ESFP or ISFP a lot better.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
You INFPs have been inundating this sub-forum with some odd threads lately.

Also, not all INTPs have similar interests. I probably have more in common with particular individuals of other types than I would with many INTPs.

The fact that she plays shallow roles is a moot argument. This is called "acting." That's like saying it was surprising that Tom Hanks played a retarded dude(Forrest Gump) since he generally seems like a smart man.

Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
Forrest Gump: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.

If it makes you feel better that she's not an INTP then by all means classify her as something else.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
No, it is not absurd. I just think that singing songs about sunshine and putting out a Christmas album is very Se, which is why I'd go with ESFP or ISFP.
No offense, but when you make a statement like that, I have to wonder about your understanding of MBTI and the functions. Why can't a Si-user write about sunshine or release a Christmas album (provided that they could sing)? I have no idea who this Zoo person but it sounds like you know her personally.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Your post rank suggests newbie... I'd have to agree with that assessment. You can believe what you want to believe, but I'm kindly pointing out to you that this is stereotype BS. INTPs can like fashion and enjoy sunshine and rainbows. If you want to play according to stereotypes, we can do that ;) An INTP's auxilliary (second most used) function is Ne. Sunshine and rainbows and happiness and kittehs and puppies and sugar and all things cute are actually stereotypes of Ne users. I think you've lost your case all around on this one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
OP, come on now.. One of the Olsen twins is INTP. I think it would honestly be hard to type an actress. I would want to type her based on her characters, which would lead me to believe she is probably ESFx.. So I could see where you're coming from, a little.

·
Registered
341 Posts
INTPs can like fashion and enjoy sunshine and rainbows. If you want to play according to stereotypes, we can do that ;) An INTP's auxilliary (second most used) function is Ne. Sunshine and rainbows and happiness and kittehs and puppies and sugar and all things cute are actually stereotypes of Ne users. I think you've lost your case all around on this one.
Ace, I would direct you to the avatar of @SomeWeirdGuy to back up your case there. His purple unicorn is pretty awesome.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.