Smoking Tea

Smoking Tea

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
Thank Tree43Thanks

This is a discussion on Smoking Tea within the Trends Forum forums, part of the Topics of Interest category; Well, this morning, I was making my usual cup of green tea when I noticed that the "grounds" for lack ...

  1. #1

    Smoking Tea

    Well, this morning, I was making my usual cup of green tea when I noticed that the "grounds" for lack of better wording looked a lot like weed. So I began to wonder if anyone had ever smoked tea grounds or tea leaves before. Google pulled up some interesting things, and it does appear that some people smoke tea. It is growing a bit in popularity because... well, tea is fairly easy to come by, it apparently does give you a high, and it's not an illegal substance.

    I suppose I have two main questions to pose:

    1. Have you ever smoked tea?
    2. What are your initial thoughts on the idea of smoking it?
    Swordsman of Mana, Spades and Coyote thanked this post.



  2. #2

    No I haven't, but apparently it doesn't do anything. Although I suppose inhaling smoke might make you light-headed, I don't think it will do worthwhile. People have been smoking pear leaves for awhile as well, but I don't think it does anything chemical-wise.

    I don't have an opinion on smoking it, I suppose, if you want, but I'd rather smoke something that actually does something though...

  3. #3

    heh, i wonder if we can do the same with coffee grinds. Heck, i would roll and smoke if i knew it would give me a better coffee fix ;)

    No, never tried it, would be interesting to hear if anyone has thou.
    Ace Face thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by TheProcrastinatingMaster View Post
    No I haven't, but apparently it doesn't do anything. Although I suppose inhaling smoke might make you light-headed, I don't think it will do worthwhile. People have been smoking pear leaves for awhile as well, but I don't think it does anything chemical-wise.
    Well, that's the thing... some people swear by it. Some even like it better than weed from what I've read. It could just be the placebo effect, but I'm not sure. That's one reason I'm so curious.

  6. #5

    1) No.
    2) People will smoke anything these days...
    susurration, Skum, FreeBeer and 2 others thanked this post.

  7. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Face View Post
    1. Have you ever smoked tea?
    2. What are your initial thoughts on the idea of smoking it?
    1. No.
    2. I think I'd rather drink it with plenty of sugar.

    There's a black tea that is passion fruit flavor....? I think that's what it is. Has papaya and other fruity stuff. It's strong and black, but has a pleasing aroma and taste. I could imagine smoking that because of the way it smells but.... nah. Putting away a whole gallon of it iced is much more appealing to me.
    Ace Face thanked this post.

  8. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Face View Post
    Well, that's the thing... some people swear by it. Some even like it better than weed from what I've read.
    Some years ago, a friend of mine and I sold some origanum to teenagers saying it was stramonium. Some of the people we sold it to are still swearing it was better than most of the weed they've ever tried. Now, origanum is very good to put on some tomatoes and red onions together with olive oil and balsamic vinegar but it has no psychotropic effect what so ever.
    The placebo effect has always a lot of influence on people when it comes to recreational drugs and this is why psychiatric drugs must be tested with very strict double blind trials.
    Diphenhydramine, Spades and Ace Face thanked this post.

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Some years ago, a friend of mine and I sold some origanum to teenagers saying it was stramonium. Some of the people we sold it to are still swearing it was better than most of the weed they've ever tried. Now, origanum is very good to put on some tomatoes and red onions together with olive oil and balsamic vinegar but it has no psychotropic effect what so ever.
    The placebo effect has always a lot of influence on people when it comes to recreational drugs and this is why psychiatric drugs must be tested with very strict double blind trials.
    Completely agreed.

  10. #9

    I've never smoked regular tea (like black or green), but I have smoked herbs that could also be used for tea. One was salvia divinorum, and the other was some mix of herbs (the only ingredient that I can remember was wormwood). The former was better smoked, and the latter was better in a tea.

    As for smoking ordinary tea leaves ... I don't have a problem with people doing that, but it seems odd. Why would it have any effect?
    Spades, Ace Face and TheProcrastinatingMaster thanked this post.

  11. #10

    Some friends of mine came up with the idea of smoking tea, so I tried it. It's disgusting. I wouldn't recommend it.


     
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Smoking
    By BusinessMan in forum ENTP Forum- The Visionaries
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM
  2. [ISTJ] Smoking
    By KMitch in forum ISTJ Forum - The Duty Fulfillers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 06:22 PM
  3. [INFJ] Smoking Cessation
    By GreenCoyote in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 06:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0