why vape and not smoke? - Page 3

why vape and not smoke?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 120
Thank Tree112Thanks

This is a discussion on why vape and not smoke? within the Trends Forum forums, part of the Topics of Interest category; Originally Posted by Zidane Smoking is cooler. Nuff said. Also, eating meat/dairy is arguably an equal risk factor for your ...

  1. #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
    Smoking is cooler. Nuff said.

    Also, eating meat/dairy is arguably an equal risk factor for your health, but no one whines about that.
    Wow, that really has everything to do with the topic! Totally doesn't sound like a desperate attempt at trying to spread and promote your beliefs by bringing up a false comparison between two non-equivalents. You seriously cannot handle other peoples lifestyle to the point where you feel the need to bring it up when it has nothing to do with what is being talked about? Very immature...
    The red spirit and Blue Ribbon thanked this post.

  2. #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
    Also, eating meat/dairy is arguably an equal risk factor for your health, but no one whines about that.
    That's not true.

  3. #23

    I mean if not abused I don't see what harm vaping without the tobacco could really do, it's probably good to know the source of the vape and where the ingredients are coming from, and if it might be substance also sent to hookah lounges.

    We light candles. We burn incense. We use essential oils. We take over the counter herbs and teas. If you're stressed once in a while or need it to help think and get in a certain mindset I don't think it is that bad, so long as not abused.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24

    Vaping tastes like shit, gives less of a buzz and makes you look like a tool.

    If you're gonna smoke, then smoke. If you're gonna quit, then quit. Pussy.

  6. #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Wow, that really has everything to do with the topic! Totally doesn't sound like a desperate attempt at trying to spread and promote your beliefs by bringing up a false comparison between two non-equivalents. You seriously cannot handle other peoples lifestyle to the point where you feel the need to bring it up when it has nothing to do with what is being talked about? Very immature...
    I totally can. I just think that if you're going to engage in a ridiculous dopamine fix habbit, then smoking is objectively better
    if you also take into account the ethics and environmental side of the equation. (It's actually not as bad for your heart than saturated and trans fats, and yet they put all these bad hearts on smoking packs, but not on fucking meat packs, no health risks are put on meat packs at all, it's a public health atrocity, it's completely double standard insane. It's like educating the public on how bad cocaine is, but heroine, yeah, we should all do some heroine...)

    So what I'm saying is:
    1) Smoking and eating meat is a fucking death wish for your heart, especially when also combined with drinking.
    2) You can pick one and still come out fine (two at the very most), although you better also exercise to keep the risks at bay, because obesity is another risk factor.
    3) Smoking in moderation is in my opinion actually the least harmful of the three, and yet everyone hates smokers but drinkers are cool and meat eaters are cool... This is ridiculous and is obviously the result of an anti-smoking campaign while the other industries are still heavily supported by the government. The public relies on the government to tell them what's bad, they don't do research themselves.
    4) I have nothing against vaping but I have tried it and I didn't care for it... Also it's quite in the early public stages so we have very little knowledge about the long term effects.

    So yeah, if you call me educating you people "spreading my beliefs" then yeah sure, anytime baby.

    Edit: Apparantly, eating red meat also increases the risk of lung cancer (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3501234/), who would have guessed that? Well, me, because free radicals increase the risk of any cancer (especially when not combatted by anti-oxidants, that's why I eat alot of peppers), and processed meat is now officially classified as a class 1 carcinogen (red meat class 2), that's the same level as cigarette smoke...
    And another fact of why people think smoking is worse than it is is because most smokers are also big meat eaters. That's two risk factors instead of one. People give me weird big confused eyes when they ask me why I smoke to which I then respond "Oh, it's not as bad for me because I don't do meat/dairy". It's like they don't see health as an holistic thing at all but single out specific substances they don't do to make them feel better about themselves. It's not just smoking vs not smoking. It's this whole lifestyle package vs that whole lifestyle package. But only one substance is being demonized which is hypocritical. Everyone's suddenly a medical expert about smoking and yet completely ignorant about all the other stuff. It's hilarious.
    Last edited by Zidane; 06-29-2018 at 12:00 AM.

  7. #26

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastard View Post
    Vaping tastes like shit, gives less of a buzz and makes you look like a tool.
    You have to get the mix right and you get both the taste and buzz right. I don't like those ugly box like bullshit either, but I use the smaller batteries that look and feel like actual cigs.

    It's a learning curve to find what works and looks best.

  8. #27

    @Zidane Smoking is objectively worse than eating meat and drinking because your smoking habit hurts other people. There's actually a thing called "second hand smoking." Like idgaf if you sit at home all day and smoke, as long as you don't do it outside and force other people to inhale your cancer gas.
    Last edited by Blue Ribbon; 06-29-2018 at 03:38 AM.
    Because_why_not and Cal thanked this post.

  9. #28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ribbon View Post
    @Zidane is objectively worse than eating meat and drinking because your smoking habit hurts other people. There's actually a thing called "second hand smoking." Like idgaf if you sit at home all day and smoke, as long as you don't do it outside and force other people to inhale your cancer gas.
    No, no, no, Bibbon.

    Then you would be in the wrong for not consuming enough antioxidants. It'd be your own fault. And the doctors won't be able to heal you because they apparently can't figure out what this miracle stuff is that cures cancer and will save billions of lives and dollars worldwide.

    Gawd.
    Blue Ribbon thanked this post.

  10. #29

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogantly Grateful View Post
    It's a learning curve to find what works and looks best.
    Cigarettes. Or even better, cigars.

  11. #30

    Quote Originally Posted by Because_why_not View Post
    No, no, no, Bibbon.

    Then you would be in the wrong for not consuming enough antioxidants. It'd be your own fault. And the doctors won't be able to heal you because they apparently can't figure out what this miracle stuff is that cures cancer and will save billions of lives and dollars worldwide.

    Gawd.
    My caste of Hindus don't eat meat. I come from a long line of vegans and vegetarians. Still my family line sucked and a lot of males have infertility. And one of my mom's cousins have cancer of the stomach. Looks like not eating meat doesn't automatically give anyone a free pass. Also how do we explain the infertility? Lol this bs idea that vegans are somehow immune needs to stop. There's nothing that can help you if you have bad genes. My grandpa was born with a weak heart and died from a stroke. That guy died not knowing what meat tasted like. Geez.

    Also forgot to add the systematic oppression of Brahmin women in the south. Apparently being vegetarian doesn't make you a decent human being.
    crazitaco, Jawz, Because_why_not and 1 others thanked this post.


     
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
  2. [ISTP] acting alot and not understanding why
    By Confusion in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 04:37 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 09:59 AM
  4. Why does MBTI only allow for E/I and not A for Ambiversion?
    By pwiloson in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 08:09 PM
  5. A run down of the Enneagram--and why it's not too great at all.
    By Kevinaswell in forum Enneagram Personality Theory Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 08:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0