Hello, Type 3s! hope you're all having lovely days, wherever y'all are in the world.
I'm a type 1w9, and I'm currently in the college application process. Right now, I'm working on college essays () and one of them describes on a time I helped to calm down a friend on my a cappella team who was in a rage. (For some context: He was lashing out at both us and himself because we were behind on learning our set finale. There was also a time crunch in this scenario: there was less than a month until our big competition, and we hadn't even begun to discuss what our choreography would be.)
The essay is from a 3rd person POV, but I'm really trying to sell the authenticity of his anger to the reader as much as possible, to immerse them in the moment.
Now, I don't know for certain what his enneagram type is, so I am not going to project 3 attributes onto him that he wouldn't have. But from what I know of his personality and his background, it's my best guess at his type.
So, my questions for you all are these:
- What do you find similar among the things that trigger frustration or rage for you?
- What are the first physical sensations that come to mind about frustration for you?
- What, to you, is "negative self-talk" -- and have you/do you experience it?
- Are you prone to bottling your frustration up, or do you feel like you let off steam pretty healthily? Has it ever been the other way around for you?
- Can you recall what might be a typical part of your internal monologue while you're frustrated?
thank you all so much in advance !! <3 :)