[Enneagram Type 3] INFJ and a 3? - Page 2

INFJ and a 3?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
Thank Tree50Thanks

This is a discussion on INFJ and a 3? within the Type 3 Forum - The Achiever forums, part of the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 category; we are more observant and cautious about our careers and sometimes ingore even emotions if they seem to interfere. Day ...

  1. #11

    we are more observant and cautious about our careers and sometimes ingore even emotions if they seem to interfere. Day and night we are more obsessed with how to find the perfect luxurious career for us since we can't do good at medeocer jobs(really not meant to offend). We starve for perfectionism and thus sometimes waste up our times doing small unimportant things or observing not the useful minute details....I have seen myself probably think much like a mathematician. However we are more interested in liberal arts than sciences or technology. We get absorbed in music, novels, art. Thats how it comes being an INFJ.

    get absorbed into the character and observe and potray even those detailed feelings of the character that weren't mentioned in the script calling for the Most Noticed Performances. Thats y a 3 is called a performer.
    Miss Mimmi and passionista thanked this post.

  2. #12

    it seems like the drive for success would align with your Fe values, such that you would seek most to achieve in the ways that Fe would prize.

  3. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ghost View Post
    I think what was meant by amorality is the sense that some 3s are so driven to succeed in their lives that they're willing to "cut corners", ethically speaking. Examples would include cheating on a test or fudging some answers on a personality inventory.
    Well, I saw this today -- but I have to point out that descriptions talk about "cutting corners" - but no description adds "ethically" -- that's conjecture.

    I cut corners when it comes to not following specific procedures and come up with my own creative way of doing things in less amount of time in order to boost efficiency -- but I have a strong ethical value system to go along with it.
    emerald sea and Miss Mimmi thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    Okay, I haven't tested for my enneagram yet, but this sounds like me. I am definitely an INFJ, and I am a perfectionist, a serious over-achiever, extremely driven to seek success. I have been known to reach great levels of ability in areas that I don't care about or even dislike--it has taken me a while to realize that just because I'm achieving doesn't mean I should do something.

    I pursue excellence on principle. If I DO something, I'm going to do it really, really well. In the moment, if I am trying to achieve something or (occasionally) beat someone, I kind of...go a little nuts, leaving people who saw me say, "Well, she just...DID IT." Also, now that I've matured at least, I need a higher sense of purpose to get behind something and really throw myself into the world.

    I guess I better go take the test now. But I'm wondering if this sounds like INFJ type 3 to anyone. :D

  6. #15
    Type 3


    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ghost View Post
    I think what was meant by amorality is the sense that some 3s are so driven to succeed in their lives that they're willing to "cut corners", ethically speaking. Examples would include cheating on a test or fudging some answers on a personality inventory.
    I disagree with this comment about cheating or cutting corners! However, I do like to save money and find creative ways to cut corners in this regards ;-).
    Winifred thanked this post.

  7. #16
    Type 3w4

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ghost View Post
    I read on this link that INFJs might be hesitant to embrace being a 3 because of a perceived amorality that 3s have.
    I wasn't hesitant to embrace being a 3. At first I had problems understanding the Enneagram since I always got different results in the test, but after reading up on it elsewhere I could figure out that I am indeed a 3w4. I am interested in understanding myself, my personality and happy for explanations. I think the only way not to embrace it is to say that there is no truth at all in the Enneagram Theory, since I always thought it was relieving to be able to identify yourself with types of any sort because it means you can learn about yourself. It is true that INFJs probably do not think very highly of people who just want success for its own sake and are willing to do anything to get there. But most Enneagram descriptions point out that there are many more meanings of success than just climbing the career ladder. Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing to always strive for the best. Not just the best job, the best house, car, acquaintances, but also the best in relationships, in helping others, in following God's will (if you are religious), in enjoying life as much as possible, etc. etc. I think an INFJ's need for harmony provides that an INFJ Three can hardly ever just focus on him/herself and material things.
    I must say that I do not always associate myself with being a leader, but I discover that trait in myself more and more, whereas just a few years ago I would have said that I'm definitely NOT a leader. I'm just 20, so it's no wonder I haven't had so many chances to be the leader for anything, since I'm not naturally attention seeking. (But I do look for affirmation from the people I know and look up to.) As I am currently thinking about my job options after university, I've actually started to consider careers where my ultimate goal would be to achieve a leading position. My motivation would not be to have power over other people, but rather reaching high quality in a product, because I can trust my own decisions; advising and helping people (which is a sort of gentle power) because I want to share my expertise and help others reach their goals; finding a job that I'm not only happy/ comfortable doing, but that I also see as desirable/attractive/outstanding and that others respect me for.

    I hope my thoughts/ sentences were not to long and complicated to follow...
    Last edited by Miss Mimmi; 11-20-2012 at 12:46 PM.

  8. #17
    Type 7w6

    My father is an INFJ 3w2. At times he can appear almost Te-ish (INTJ-ish), but he really isn't.

    @bromide and I have also speculated that our friend @DimensionX has some sort of a 3-fix in his tritype, possibly core.
    bromide and kingofhearts thanked this post.

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Navi View Post
    My father is an INFJ 3w2. At times he can appear almost Te-ish (INTJ-ish), but he really isn't.

    @bromide and I have also speculated that our friend @DimensionX has some sort of a 3-fix in his tritype, possibly core.
    @Navi; @bromide;

    I've read a little more into the enneagram and have moved away from the possibility of being a type 5 to type 9, especially after talking to a friend who's read a lot into it over the years, she's known me for quite a few years and said that there was little question, that I am a type 9. I still need to read up more but it doesn't sound absurd.

    I'm definitely not a Te type :P

  10. #19
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Navi View Post
    My father is an INFJ 3w2. At times he can appear almost Te-ish (INTJ-ish), but he really isn't.

    @bromide and I have also speculated that our friend @DimensionX has some sort of a 3-fix in his tritype, possibly core.
    Hey, I don't know if you're still active, but if so I'd like to hear more about your father. This sounds like a possible point of intersection with my experience, since I thought I was an INTJ before I dug deeper; now realize I am an INFJ, and am considering Enneagram 3, possibly 3w2. Perhaps this helps explain that original test result? (Other than simple misunderstanding of the questions; however, I'm an Ni user and want to connect everything together; it can't be a coincidence!)

  11. #20

    I'm an INFJ 3w4.
    The Scorched Earth and RileyEllieGrace thanked this post.


     
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJ + INFJ potential relationship... already ended with a doorslam? super long...
    By tiredsighs in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-24-2014, 12:08 AM
  2. [INFJ] INTJ Falls Hard for INFJ girl. Confused. Needs lots of advice from INFJ
    By alex knight in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM
  3. [INFJ] How can I deal with an INFJ in full emotional mode? (grieving INFJ mother)
    By Trainwreck in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 05:43 AM
  4. [INFJ] Male INFJ - Top 5 Part II- Diary of a Mad Woman - Female INFJ
    By Female INFJ in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
  5. [INFJ] Very confused, love sickened, INFJ that could be losing his INFJ'ness.
    By linax in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 06:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0