[Enneagram Type 4] ENFP type 4, but which wing am I: 4w3 or 4w5? - Page 2

ENFP type 4, but which wing am I: 4w3 or 4w5?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Thank Tree12Thanks

This is a discussion on ENFP type 4, but which wing am I: 4w3 or 4w5? within the Type 4 Forum - The Individualist forums, part of the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 category; Originally Posted by KingoftheSea You get energy from making people smile? You do seem very...upbeat...for a 4...but okay. If you ...

  1. #11
    Type 4w3

    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheSea View Post
    You get energy from making people smile? You do seem very...upbeat...for a 4...but okay.

    If you are a 4, then def 4w3 yes.
    You can usually tell by the clothing alone. Bit boring and not show-offy - > 4w5
    Different and showoffy-> 4w3
    Well I don't know about that. My clothing tends to get comments like, "only you could wear that!" or "I'm surprised how reserved you are, considering how you dress", but I'm a 4w5 through and through.

    I don't see anything in Cutegasm's posts that would make me doubt a 4 core. Of course stereotypically the 4's are all emo kids, but in the higher levels of health we learn to embrace the happier emotions as well as our darker ones. Not to mention 7 and 9 fixes bring a bit more positivity (which I know from my own experience).
    snowwhisper and Cutegasm thanked this post.

  2. #12
    Type 4w3

    Quote Originally Posted by ElliCat View Post
    Well I don't know about that. My clothing tends to get comments like, "only you could wear that!" or "I'm surprised how reserved you are, considering how you dress", but I'm a 4w5 through and through.

    I don't see anything in Cutegasm's posts that would make me doubt a 4 core. Of course stereotypically the 4's are all emo kids, but in the higher levels of health we learn to embrace the happier emotions as well as our darker ones. Not to mention 7 and 9 fixes bring a bit more positivity (which I know from my own experience).
    True. I'm a part of a lolita society (Japanese street fashion). These women get dressed in lace and ruffles and look like porcelain dolls. The dresses are very showy, fluffy, and expensive. Some of the women are lifestyle lolitas, which means that they wear the outfits, or at least part of them, every day. We all share the same story of being unique and doing what we want to do. I wonder what types everyone in the society is? I know two girls that I associate with who are very reserved. maybe they are 4ws. I will have to investigate.

  3. #13
    Type 4w3

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutegasm View Post
    True. I'm a part of a lolita society (Japanese street fashion). These women get dressed in lace and ruffles and look like porcelain dolls. The dresses are very showy, fluffy, and expensive. Some of the women are lifestyle lolitas, which means that they wear the outfits, or at least part of them, every day. We all share the same story of being unique and doing what we want to do. I wonder what types everyone in the society is? I know two girls that I associate with who are very reserved. maybe they are 4ws. I will have to investigate.
    One of my friends is involved in a local lolita group - most of the time I see her she's dressed up so I think she only avoids it if it's not practical. I would say she's a 4w5 though, because there's a real intellectual approach to her self-discovery. Her attitude towards fashion is a similar approach to mine, in that it's expressing who we are on the inside and people don't have to like it or even notice it. Restricting oneself to play by the rules, or to present a more consistent image is undesirable.

    I could imagine it being a very 4-heavy environment. If not the core type, at least a strong fix.
    Cutegasm thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    My whatever-she-is does lolita. She's also a 4. I just knew you were a lolita from the way you were describing your approach to wearing clothes. ;-) Do you do sweet or goth?

    An easy way to split 4w5 and 4w3 is which influences you more?

    Admiration 3 > 4 > 5 > Anxiety
    Cutegasm thanked this post.

  6. #15
    Type 4w3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Hearts View Post
    My whatever-she-is does lolita. She's also a 4. I just knew you were a lolita from the way you were describing your approach to wearing clothes. ;-) Do you do sweet or goth?

    An easy way to split 4w5 and 4w3 is which influences you more?

    Admiration 3 > 4 > 5 > Anxiety
    I'm a sweet lolita mostly, but the good purple outfits are gothic, so I have one gothic jumper I couldn't pass up. I am in the market for a lolita coat and probably will end up with a gothic one just because it's hard to find a plus sized lavender lolita coat.

    When I'm stressed, anxiety takes over. I can get lethargic and confused as to what to do. I start asking lots of questions for more research to make a decision. But I base my decisions also on admiration. If I'm not admired or at least respected for who I am or my talents, then I tend to back away. Admiration definitely influences me more and gets me into action!

  7. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutegasm View Post

    When I'm stressed, anxiety takes over. I can get lethargic and confused as to what to do. I start asking lots of questions for more research to make a decision. But I base my decisions also on admiration. If I'm not admired or at least respected for who I am or my talents, then I tend to back away. Admiration definitely influences me more and gets me into action!
    Sounds like balanced 4.

    I know a lot of people on this forum assume that everyone has a wing, but it's my opinion that about a third of people are balanced core types, while the other thirds are leaning more on each wing respectively. The mechanisms that make up Enneatypes are essentially the influences of the two types on either side of it. I'm certainly a balanced 4. 5 and 3 influence me depending on my circumstances. If you had a wing, even in a circumstance where the other influence should be active your strategy would be to react with the wing's influence.

    For examples, if you were a 3 wing, instead of getting anxious and researching, you'd push more into 3's need to impress people as a defense mechanism, likely getting others to deal with it for you (integration to 6) or just ignoring the problem (disintegration to 9) as irrelevant because it doesn't make you more awesome (3).

    ...if you were a 5 wing, instead of being motivated by admiration, you'd push more into 5's need to be autonomous as a defense mechanism, likely taking charge and overcoming your vulnerabilities in the situation (integration to 8) or creating a plan of attack to deal with the situation (disintegration to 7) because it is making you uncomfortable not being self sufficient (5).

    A balanced 4 does both in lesser measure, focusing on their need to be valued as individuals to overcome their inherent sense of worthlessness. "No really, I have value because that thing *I* like has value and I am that." It's the 3 need for admiration and the 5 need for autonomy, merged, and why at our core we feel worthless and disconnected, allowing us to transcend 'normal' but also compelling us to do so to compensate.
    Last edited by Ace of Hearts; 08-25-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    snowwhisper and floatingpoint thanked this post.


     
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. [Enneagram Type 4] What MBTI type does type 4w3 wing roughly translate to?
    By Pizal in forum Type 4 Forum - The Individualist
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2016, 06:36 AM
  2. [Enneagram Type 4] You are a Type 4 with a 5 wing: "The Bohemian" Your tritype is 4w5, 5w4, 9w8. In en
    By Persian in forum Type 4 Forum - The Individualist
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2016, 07:15 PM
  3. Help! Am I a 4w3 or 4w5?
    By Derse Dreamer in forum Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 05:44 AM
  4. 4w5 or 4w3, or something else?
    By Vianna in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 02:53 PM
  5. ENFP First time taking test and I got Type 4 w/3 wing. Do those correlate?
    By maidenaya in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 11:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0