Enneagram Questionnaire - Page 2

Enneagram Questionnaire

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
Thank Tree113Thanks

This is a discussion on Enneagram Questionnaire within the What's my Enneagram type? forums, part of the Enneagram Personality Theory Forum category; Originally Posted by Chipps My point is, this questionnaire isnt better or equal to the last one. So it seems ...

  1. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Chipps View Post
    My point is, this questionnaire isnt better or equal to the last one. So it seems a little pointless.
    Points about the questionnaire itself would be welcome, to explain why you hold this standpoint.
    Sewcialist thanked this post.

  2. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Except that on PerC, there wasn't another questionnaire before ours and nothing about it has "faded away." The original co-authors are still here and the original questions are used almost daily. This isn't the "circle of life."

    That's my point. The biggest issue I have is that two of the three main authors were unaware (and AFAIK, one third doesn't care), and our material was edited and played with without our consent. The "super-questionnaire" is this one here, since it has almost the same questions as the original but with about three different ones. This isn't an "alternative form," either.

    I truly, truly don't care about the prospect of improving the original. I like improvements, I think they can be made on almost everything, and I welcome ideas to further this goal. What I don't understand is why we were highjacked, why we weren't allowed in on this Important Project. We were highly disrespected, basically implied that the "old hats" are too old to play, too unimportant anymore to bother letting help.

    What should have happened, and frankly what should still happen, is a thread for a "revised questionnaire" be opened and everyone who wants to help can. Without this political crap going on, because that's not a game everyone plays. The original questionnaire was devised by us, by the people, and that's the way it should continue if anyone feels the need to use the majority of our questions.
    There were MBTI questionnaires. I should have clarified.

    Anyway, it's not like this questionnaire was designed in secret to hijack your questionnaire. I wasn't involved in this questionnaire's creation except for posting it and adding one minor change, but from what I can tell, there was no ill will in this project. There's nothing political going on with it. If there was, then the other questionnaire would be unstickied, yes?

    There's no need to assume malice or conspiracy when there is none here. I think Wake and Flatliner didn't think that anyone would have a problem with it. It's not like they were out to disrespect people.

    It sounds like the best solution is to merge the two questionnaires and repost it. What do you think?

  3. #13

    @timeless

    This is not to answer on Paradigm's behalf, but I don't see anyone assuming malice/conspiracy here at all. It's presumptuous to think that ill will is being implied only because objections are being raised about the lack of inclusiveness and respect in not involving or even notifying the original creators of changes. What's being said is that we'd like opening it up to discussion and having our input taken, and yes input from other members, and changes made. And yes, as co-authors of the questionnaire, Paradigm and I certainly had every right to receive prior notification about changes to our work. That questionnaire was posted by Spades, but it was a collaborative effort.


    The previous Q. was a collaborative enterprise as I said, so I don't see why that shouldn't be the case this time. So again, no ill will is being assumed on Flatlander etc.'s end. They want to make it better, and we share this goal with them.

    And, the solution is to open this one for discussion and incorporate improvements. There's no point having a long redundant questionnaire that combines apparently flawed questionnaires.
    Paradigm, mushr00m and kaleidoscope thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Points about the questionnaire itself would be welcome, to explain why you hold this standpoint.
    Thats fair.

    Okay, here we go:

    12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
    b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
    c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
    This whole block of questions seems leading. Why did it need to be framed? On the other questionnaire it simply asks the persons relationship with power and authority. It was open to interpretation by the OP and could have been taking to mean "how do you view power/use power/interact with power etc?" I cant see the relevance of such a closed question. It give less wiggle room and isnt an improvement upon the last one. Same for authority. I like how a person interprets the question as well as how the answer it cause it says something about their type. At least, I think so anyway.

    7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
    a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.
    b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you
    c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else.
    And this question. There is an assumption that people identify with them even though there are only three. Personally, from reading over them, I wouldnt know how to rank them cause I don't related too heavily to any of them. They are all applicable, to a small degree to all people, but I wouldnt say any of them are automatic. And it would annoy me to have to say that any of them were.

    15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?
    And whats the point of this one? Wont it smack of superego if the person is deeply religious but isnt a superego type? Maybe instead we should ask "have you read many enneagram books and do you have a type in mind that you like (maybe a little too much), and has that influenced your responses to this questionnaire?" Surely that seems more relevant, wouldnt you say?

    Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

    - To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
    - To be without needs, well-intentioned
    - To replace direct experience with concepts
    - To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
    - To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
    - To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
    - To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
    - To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
    - To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient
    There are 9 these, so the represent each of the types correct? Surely that wouldnt be hard for anyone to figure out. These are all too stereotypical of X type. And I think they are also general enough that a person could related to each of them equally for a different reason. So how does one choose?

    The one that stands out to me the most is this one:

    - To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
    this is supposed to be indicative of 6 right? Not one CP 6 would choose this. Hell, I doubt a phobic 6 would choose this because they usually arent very aware of their behavior and have a habit of denying it like hell.

    I feel like the last questionnaire was open ended enough that we could string things together and reach conclusions without it being as skew-able as this one. I also felt like people could be more honest on the last questionnaire because they werent being led down a certain path toward a certain answer and had to fill in the blanks themselves. This one is like a choose your own adventure type deal.
    MBTI Enthusiast, Sewcialist and kaleidoscope thanked this post.

  6. #15

    ^ Thanks.

    I'll be responding later tonight.

  7. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Chipps View Post
    Thats fair.
    I sent you an explanation to all of those issues when you raised them with me via PM, did you not read it? I was talking with Flatlander for the reasoning, so you'll probably get the same response out of him as you did me, but it is good to address questions taken publicly. Since Flatlander has decided to respond I'll allow him to.
    Sewcialist thanked this post.

  8. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    There's no need to assume malice or conspiracy when there is none here. I think Wake and Flatliner didn't think that anyone would have a problem with it. It's not like they were out to disrespect people.
    It sounds like the best solution is to merge the two questionnaires and repost it. What do you think?
    Allow me to concisely restate my points:
    - Spades, Boss, and I "own" the original, thus should have say in how it's treated.
    - We were disrespected when this did not happen.
    - An "editing thread" should be open to the public; editing should not done in private.

    I did not say anyone intended malice or that there was a conspiracy. I did not insult anyone. I said it was wrong to do it without us when (and this is key) our questions were used. Especially, I do not think @Flatlander, nor @MBTI Enthusiast, nor you, intended anything unkind. I'm aware--and apparently I should have stated, since it was not obvious--that most, if not all, of the participants were largely innocent and, yes, even meant this in goodwill. But ignorance is not an excuse.

    I think both questionnaires need work and editing and improving. Trying to compromise by "merging" is slightly redundant (what is there to merge?), though a commendable attempt at smoothing things over. I think this version has a few good additions and a few bad ones. I think the same of the original, and I'm aware there has been critiques against it. Had I been aware there were enough to take serious consideration as to how to make it better, I would have done something about it (with help).

    So yeah. If you mean "merging" as meaning "a discussion on how to make it better," sure. I'll make a more detailed post later tonight and we can get this going. I'm completely willing to work together as long as everyone else is. If we manage to make something everyone is content with, I'm even willing (though I speak for myself, not Spades, Boss, or anyone else) to have both of these two threads unsticked/deleted in favor of version three.
    madhatter, Sina, MBTI Enthusiast and 4 others thanked this post.

  9. #18

    Public forums where 10 people can respond to a request, pile on, and play politics is a bad solution to setting up desired changes. One or more members promoting a change and PMing the desired change to an admin would allow a filtering process to take place without the politics of who thinks they should have control, admins, they're entrusted with control. @TreeBob placed Timeless in control of our thread, what does he think of this situation?
    Sewcialist thanked this post.

  10. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I sent you an explanation to all of those issues when you raised them with me via PM, did you not read it? I was talking with Flatlander for the reasoning, so you'll probably get the same response out of him as you did me, but it is good to address questions taken publicly. Since Flatlander has decided to respond I'll allow him to.
    I said it again, not only because flatlander asked, but because I know that other people have the exact same problem with it. Why rehash it over and over again post after post when I can articulate it once and others can disagree/agree or add to it if need be? Thats rhetorical of course.
    Wake thanked this post.

  11. #20

    As I mentioned to you originally wake, I was not comfortable with spades thread being removed from sticky. As this is a large forum, there is no reason why there can't be multiple enneagram surveys. That said, it would be ideal if you could all work together to make one survey. If you can work together Timless will be in charge of the posting. All authors who wish to have their names on it will be mentioned at the bottom of the thread.

    The big issue here is that there seems to be two opposing groups that don't get on very well. I'd be very happy of you could all get over your past issues. If you all agree to work together than you will need to talk to one another. Therefore, whatever thread is chosen to discuss, there will be an amnesty for any groups which have separation agreements (just in this thread). So if want to work on a combined survey then that means you agree to put the past behind you for the duration of this.

    This isn't a free pass to be asses to each other either, so please play nice together.
    Wake, Paradigm, Sina and 7 others thanked this post.


     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Enneagram Questionnaire
    By Spades in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-20-2019, 02:25 PM
  2. Enneagram Questionnaire...
    By Death Persuades in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 05:55 PM
  3. Enneagram Questionnaire... Help please.
    By Dania in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 11:05 PM
  4. Enneagram Questionnaire - Brand New To Enneagram
    By Chocolate in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 08:00 PM
  5. Questionnaire (new to enneagram)
    By Thorndrop in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 07:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0