This is based on the original questionnaire, with some alterations and additions.
Here is a template of questions specifically designed for those looking to find their Enneagram type(s).
Please answer truthfully. The more info you provide, the better. If a question makes you feel uncomfortable or frustrated, state this. The optional questions are less important but may help determining type. Feel free to provide further information or new questions!
Please do not respond here. Create a new thread in this sub-forum with your responses.
What age range are you in?
Any disorders or conditions we should know about?
1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.
2. What were you like as a kid?
3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
6. a.) How do you see yourself?
b.) How do you want others to see you?
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else.
8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?
9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
11. Describe how you respond to the following:
b.) negative unexpected change
12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
14. Comment on your relationship with trust.
15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?
Optional Question (due to personal nature)
Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)
- To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
- To be without needs, well-intentioned
- To replace direct experience with concepts
- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient
What's something you are: a.) thankful you have b.) wish you could have? Why?
Original questionnaire: Spades, Paradigm, and Boss with the help of Owfin, madhatter, listentothemountains, and others.
Additions and alterations: Wake, Flatlander
Reviewed: Timeless, MBTI Enthusiast