Hi :) I am new to this and have taken quizzes but several came out as equal with very close seconds. I have an idea which one I may be (from reading descriptions) however it seems to conflict with my MBTI (which is 100% me). Any help/feedback most appreciated. Thanks!
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Knowledge - I seek to understand people and society, and feel a responsibility to procure my own knowledge. I strive to constantly improve myself and my surroundings.
2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
To have a healthy successful family and to make a major social impact in the world.
3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I want to avoid people and relationships who bring me down. I want freedom, independence and the ability to make a difference in the world.
I value honesty, integrity, hard work, intelligence and loyalty above all else.
4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I fear rejection and abandonment although I love being alone. I fear intimacy but I seek it. I fear opening myself up to people, although I want to as I know its required for the most connection.
5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as a hardworking, consistent, honest good person.
I see myself as striving to be an honest good person, but I feel conflicted and like I have a constant struggle to do whats good for society above whats good for myself.
6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Best: Being around nature (the beach, wilderness, alone), achieving success in business / making an impact socially. Helping others. Social activism.
Worst: When I lash out at people, fail to see problems around me or hurt people.
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) I feel explosive and disconnect my feelings when I feel anger
b) I feel depressed and isolate myself, emotionally collapse if im ashamed of myself. Hide.
c) Clenching of my body, hyper alertness in my mind, and become rigid and strict with myself and those around me.
8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Stress: I feel a sense of panic and have to remind myself to breathe and calm down - being alone helps, exercise helps. My first response is to try to take control over my environment and become 'perfect' to fix the problem asap.
b) If the unexpected change is from peoples laziness/inconsideration I become angry. If its just normal life changes usually i become a bit annoyed but are generally able to accept it.
c) I hate conflict, but I don't shy from it. I will stand and defend myself or try to control the situation.
9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) I respect but am not afraid of authority - I challenge it.
b) I dont like being controlled in any sense, I abhor others exerting power over me.
10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I am saddened by the greed and overconsumption. Generally speaking I am depressed about the state of society and wish I could fix it.
11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
Divorce of my parents - most horrific period of my life. I became lost, self-destructive and generally rebellious to an extreme degree.
12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I don't trust. It takes a long long time to establish trust and if someone breaks it they can't get it back.
13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) My creativity and resourcefulness. My intuition.
b) My critical nature, tendency to become overwhelmed and my general dislike of people.
14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
When they are telling lies, or being manipulative. I can sense peoples motivations.
15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
Insults: I would challenge them, or ignore them, depending on my mood.
Compliment: I say thanks but feel uncomfortable with praise generally.
16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) Creativity, education, intelligence and a discerning instinct.
b) More peace, be more easy going and the ability to better express myself and open up to people.