Maybe I can get clarity here- I do think I share many 8 characteristics but so many descriptions Ive come across are completely opposite to my character- And so I go through phases where I'm positive I'm a 7w8 and other times a 8w9. I am definitely IEE/ enfp though.
- I can say that people typically don't try to exert control over me (probably due to a vibe I give off, even though I feel pretty laid back). Im still not sure if this is an 8s will, or 7s unwillingness to submit, but if someone does try to command something of me, metaphorically I smirk (maybe even smirk outwardly a bit) but it doesn't enrage me, more like a "I know it ain't happening kind of thing" its only when or if I were ever to be backed into a corner that my brute force would push back (and I'd then back the other person into his corner so to speak). It has almost never reached that point since Ive been said to come off intimidating to people not in my close circle or until "they get to know me"
- I don't try to control or dominate others (like most type 8 descriptions say) that's unless they try with me first, and even then I don't try to maintain control over the offender- more like establishing boundaries.
- I relate to the part about 8 being the most loyal type, but I don't relate to the "get them before they get me" mentality (which as per the descriptions is actually contradictory and in fact sounds more cp 6 ish).
-I have a pretty strong conscious and definitely wouldn't enjoy hurting anyone who hasn't harmed me.
- I don't like rules, I don't read them listen to them or necessarily follow actual rules but I have a very strong understanding of right and wrong and I follow my own "moral codes" (eg. I don't betray, protect my loved ones blah blah... which is pretty 8 ish). Regarding the get them before they get me- could be an understanding of power dynamics maybe, but I understand that when a person wrongs you, you will always have the upper hand, since they will always be afraid and "in hiding" from the brute anger of the wronged person (more 8 ish than 7 I presume).
-I am really sharp and rarely will anything get by me- I have strong gut instincts and know when things aren't right, but at the same time I do feel innocent on the inside (like the 8 description) and ya I do just want to love and be loved, but I don't easily trust and can easily see ppls motives.
- I have a very agile mind and i'm a very quick thinker. Reading comparisons between 7 and 8- 8s are said to be slower moving and thinking then the 7. I can get out of anything, my mind works fastest in a crisis and I always find a solution.
- I do think a lot rather than being out there in the world tearing sh*t up like 8s are said to.
- I don't have ADD but I can't focus on most things for a very long time (7ish) unless its something I am very interested in and really want to do. (I understand 8s are supposed to follow through- even the boring?)
- I do think of consequence. I am not really a "I'll do whatever the hell I want to and I don't care who gets hurt in the process" type of person the 8s are made out to be. I don't sit around and think "how do I make X happy" but if I were to be presented with something enticing for me but will really hurt someone close to me I would definitely walk away (which is not 8ish at all, they're said to live life to the fullest)
- With dealing with the outside world I am looked to to handle difficult situations and I want it that way since I know others can't handle the situation like I do.
- I enjoy making people laugh and naturally bring good energy 7ish?
- I can sit by a persons side through the hard times (7s are said to be flighty and cannot)
- I am only attracted to stable relationships (7s "I'll being the fun you bring the stability")
- Dignity and respect are very important to me (is this exclusively 8?) but I can be the silliest funniest person on earth (7) around people i'm comfortable with.
I even went as far as the childhood origins trying to figure it all out, and although I grew up around a lot of turmoil, but I can't relate to the 8s growing up in fear or feeling helpless. I might have felt the world was mean and rejecting but I was a tough little one from the start. Shit writing this made me realize I am probably an 8?
So can someone comment on the discrepancies in my description vs almost everything written about the E8s? (I wrote too much I don't wanna go and edit or change this whole post now lol)