Hi! I'm really new to the Enneagram, and just learned about it from my friend. I took a test and it gave me 5w6. I like the result, but those tests aren't exactly reliable, and I wanted to get some informed opinions on this. I am pretty sure my first insinctual variant is Sp, however. I don't know much about the types, and their core fears and whatnot. I am 14 years old, and have been diagnosed w/Aspergers Syndrome and OCD. Anyways, here's the questionnaire:
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
My determination to make an impact on the world and change it for the better. I have a vision and I want to be an usher of change. I want to understand the universe and make logical sense of it. I have high standards of people/things and am driven to see these standards met. I want to inspire others and be admired by others.
2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I hope to turn visions into reality, I hope to make intellectual discoveries, I hope to implement theories into the real world, I hope to be remembered and admired, I hope to explain everything, I hope to accomplish whatever I set my mind to.
3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I avoid doing menial, rote, and tedious tasks. I hate doing things over again. I avoid being dumbfounded, incompetent, irrational, unpredictable, overtly emotional, and wrong.
4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Hmm. Well, I am an entomophobe to the absolute extreme. I also fear being tricked, oblivion, the unknown, being wrong, and being unable to understand something.
5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as Ingenious, Rational, Ambitious, Helpful, Useful, Admirable, & True. I see myself as intelligent, willful, esoteric, reclusive, and overtly skeptical.
6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Solving a problem, Seeing a plan come to fruition, Understanding a subject, Being admired and helpful. // Being incapable, uninformed, wrong, without drive
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) I can react aggressively and argumentatively when people don't see things the way I think they should sometimes(I know its immature, but I'm being honest), when people are not making use of their potential, when I feel threatened in some way(mentally/physically/emotionally.) When I'm angry I typically just bust out the seams, and try to annoy people. b) When I experience shame, I feel depressed that I couldn't do better, when I know I could have. c) When I experience anxiety I become obsessive and exude nervousness. It's pretty obvious when I'm stressed because I pace, bite my nails, and do all of the tell-tale signs.
8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; I try to rationalize the issue and if it is really worh being stressed out about. If so, I try to solve the root of my anxiety. b) unexpected change; with skepticism c) conflict rationally and controlled In conflict, I am very direct and confident. However, I can be sensitive inside at times.
9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; Authority must meet my standards to be over me. They need to be improving and staying competent b) power I don't like people having too much power. I like to control stuff, butI would never seek power to be a dictator or something. How do you respond to these? With challenge and questioning
10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Humanity is an intelligent species that needs to do their best to preserve their kind and understand the world around them. My outlook on life is that it is a journey and it's potential is unlimited. IDK, I'm really just making this up off the cuff.
So, we've reached the end! What type do you think I am? Post below. If you have any further suggestions, please share. Thanks! - Jack