Confident at MBTI typing? Then I challenge you to type me :D - Page 2

Confident at MBTI typing? Then I challenge you to type me :D

View Poll Results: What's my MBTI type?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESFP

    2 33.33%
  • ISFP

    0 0%
  • ENFP

    2 33.33%
  • INFP

    0 0%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • INFJ

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    1 16.67%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • ENTJ

    1 16.67%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    0 0%
Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Thank Tree11Thanks

This is a discussion on Confident at MBTI typing? Then I challenge you to type me :D within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; I second Fi. My first impression was EXFP, went with ENFP because it kind of reminds me of my friend. ...

  1. #11

    I second Fi. My first impression was EXFP, went with ENFP because it kind of reminds me of my friend. Another thing to back it up. You sound like 4 Sx, which gives you false impression of being Enneagram 8 which you are not, at least in my eyes.

    Check this one out:
    https://personalitycafe.com/type-4-fo...-chestnut.html

  2. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSideOfLight View Post
    I second Fi. My first impression was EXFP, went with ENFP because it kind of reminds me of my friend. Another thing to back it up. You sound like 4 Sx, which gives you false impression of being Enneagram 8 which you are not, at least in my eyes.

    Check this one out:
    https://personalitycafe.com/type-4-fo...-chestnut.html
    Thank you for stopping by but I know very well what my Enneagram tritype and instinctual stacking is like, I've been into the system for much longer than MBTI, and put more weight into it actually.

    I again didn't want to include too much info to not influence the input, but it seems like I have to in order dispel confusion: I'm a 8w7-7w8-3w4 Sx/Sp.

    I did erroneously think I had 4w3 in my tritype for the first year and a half, but that was while I was going through a lot of stress and the remains of my depression, I tested Limbic then. But even then, it was always the third or second strongest type in tests, 8 was always at least an 82% score. Not that I go by tests I go by research, but they alway confirmed my findings.

    Maybe it's the Ni you're mistaking by 4w3, just as Sx/Sp and Ti can be mistaken by Fi. The thing is, I have a very specific framework and standards, but they aren't ethical, they are technical. My ethics are pretty flexible.

  3. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaButterfly View Post
    Now we've PerC friends:

    Would you @atamagas & @PurpleKitti & @Bo0mCha_ mind giving some input?
    You really make me think of some ENFPs I know!! The fact you clash with some IxFP and ExFP doesn't mean you aren't one I think!
    My second guess would be ESFP but for me it's between those two

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    I'm torn between ENTJ/ExFP for you. Maybe you should do another questionnaire.
    @KarmaButterfly

  6. #15

    @KarmaButterfly

    How you reminisce reminds me of Ne/Si, and your unwillingness to compromise your control and wiggle room unless it's a win win, reminds me of myself.

    I think you might be a Ji/Ne dom. With Si tertiary.

    Your perspective:
    "To be really successful at what I do not only for personal fulfillment, but also because I have a message and agenda I want to push. I need to fulfill my destiny (how anime of me)."
    "I can’t memorize to save my life if it’s a subject that doesn’t resonate with me, the worst are like smoke in this case, it’s useless."
    I hate suppressing myself since I feel like it’s a violence (not rational I know), but it’s needed so I accept it as coming with the job. I’m much better at putting things that aren’t there than taking out when it comes to acting though.
    It’s difficult for me to list them now, my mind is like a blank, how weird. It’s not that I don’t have them, it’s that I only consciously think of them when they are infringed upon
    Message, agenda, resonance, honesty, authenticity, hatred towards hypocrisy and control - you also previously mentioned magic, when speaking of what the random image invoked in you (I relate so hard).

    You're an idealist, a dreamer.

    I keep getting the feeling that you might be Ti/Fe (Strong Fe), where Ne/Si/Fe makes you see the potential and magic in things - dreamifying reality (hence INTP's love for music and melancholic memories). I would believe you, if you said that you were INTP, especially the way you specify things as well as having an eye for precision and vagueness. Also, since I am an INTP, I know for a fact that INTP's tend to score high on Fi.

    But if you said you were an INFP, I would also believe you without a doubt :)! (ok, lies - I would still wonder). Just the combination of Ne aux and Si/tert, makes us hyper aware of our memories. I suppose INFP's also have the tendency to dreamify, as we share Ne aux and Si tert.

    But idk, it's just my impressions of what you've posted. My best guess?

    INxP

    Either way, I could be horribly wrong. Tell me what you feel :)
    Sailor Mars thanked this post.

  7. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaButterfly View Post
    Thank you for stopping by but I know very well what my Enneagram tritype and instinctual stacking is like, I've been into the system for much longer than MBTI, and put more weight into it actually.

    I again didn't want to include too much info to not influence the input, but it seems like I have to in order dispel confusion: I'm a 8w7-7w8-3w4 Sx/Sp.

    I did erroneously think I had 4w3 in my tritype for the first year and a half, but that was while I was going through a lot of stress and the remains of my depression, I tested Limbic then. But even then, it was always the third or second strongest type in tests, 8 was always at least an 82% score. Not that I go by tests I go by research, but they alway confirmed my findings.

    Maybe it's the Ni you're mistaking by 4w3, just as Sx/Sp and Ti can be mistaken by Fi. The thing is, I have a very specific framework and standards, but they aren't ethical, they are technical. My ethics are pretty flexible.
    ENTP or ENTJ. I find MBTI to be somehow useless so in my mind you have what's needed. TeNi vs NeTi it should be easy to distinguish. Your tritype is fairly common in both cases. You seem a bit too smiley for ENTJ but who knows. If you tend to use your facial expressions more I would go with ENTP + Si as last function (details of what you dislike).

    I would take ENFP into consideration but those folks care a bit more about human beings and their feelings.

  8. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Firemoon View Post
    I'm torn between ENTJ/ExFP for you. Maybe you should do another questionnaire.
    @KarmaButterfly
    Doing this for kicks and future comparison, I'm closing the thread then cuz clearly it's leading nowhere:

    1) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
    Iím absolutely messy when it comes to my physical environment (though I hate it coming from others), but I strive for mental organization and Iím good at orchestrating things and I can manage personnel really well.

    2) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    Does it make sense, is it sound? Whatís the point/purpose? Whatís in it for me? I donít have to look for anything, I just immediately know whether it fits my criteria or not, and Iím rarely wrong.

    3) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
    I absolutely see group harmony to be vital in any collective venture. Itís the basis of it really, we shall all be United under the same purpose, or at least have personal purposes that donít collide with it and skills and actions that propel the group agenda forward.

    I make sure the atmosphere is good by making sure the relationships work well enough, the members donít need all to be close, but they need to respect each other. I achieve Harmony not by being a therapy counselor or anything like it, but by bringing issues or tension I feel between people to the forefront and resolving it or making they work at it, so it doesnít get in the way o four goal and doesnít ruin the vibe. Sometimes Fighting is good, as a way to get everything out in the open and directly dealing with the problem.

    4) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
    It depends on how my emotional state is at the time, but usually I say what I mean and mean what I say, though thereís a lot I keep to myself if the timing isnít right or if I know itíd be useless and unwelcomed.
    I like both,, but group discussions are much more fun and interesting.

    5) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    Iím pretty good at dealing with emergency situations or crisis, people always come to me in those cases. But just because I can do it well doesnít mean itís my preferred state or tactic, I actually almost Always have a goal in mind and at least a general plan on how to get there. But if the circumstances change or I get new information, I ditch the plan and do something else, the means are whatever, I just have to get it.

    6) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
    Unless I donít feel well or like going out Iíll go of course, I can Always watch it online later.


    7) How do you act when you're stressed out?
    Depends on whatís causing the stress, itís not always the same. I can either isolate myself or just try and find something to unwind, otherwise if Iím forced to be among people I can be very unpleasant.

    8) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
    Many things: self centeredness, taking things personal, disconsideration, fakeness, hypocrisy, disrespect, rudeness, vulgarity, self rightness, winy lazy people etc.

    9) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
    Music, dance, visual arts, literature, philosophy, psychology, quantum physics, ufology, fashion, gastronomy, marketing etc.

    10) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life.
    House chores, definitely. Also anything thatís out of my radar, that doesnít hold personal interest or is essential in my life, I prioritize a lot.

    11) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
    I asked them to make lists before for self typing purposes, so I come prepared: They describe as me as having high self respect, assertive, very observant, intimidating, independent, mysterious, good actress, playful but easily stressed, great at strategy, good at figuring stuff out, unpredictable when it comes to dealing with people, funny but a bit savage, loyal and protective, good advisor, seductive.
    I donít really see some things like me being cute, but since itís relevant i didnít include it here.
    I think theyíd never say Iím an easy person, or calm and accommodating, things like this.

    12) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    Depends on my mood obviously, sometimes I like reading either inside or out in some park, sometimes I ride my bike and take pictures, sometimes I shop and eat out...

    13 Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
    The first one of course, who would choose the second, I canít imagine it.
    I love the atmosphere of the first one, I immediately image Iím alone walking down the beach, having gone there (I imagine is Jakarta) with my group. Something big is about to happen.

    14. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
    I am what I am, and what I am canít be described just experienced. Youíll see it soon enough, sob be prepared.

    15. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
    Same person I am except more chilled out and patient, also able to stick with things when they get boring, less critical too so Iíd suffer less.
    I wouldnít like to be a spineless wimp, a wallflower, an ass kisser or a follower.

    16. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
    Sure, because Iím not an open person though I am direct, so people who arenít close to me are getting a very limited view of the whole of who I am. Also their impressions will be dependant on my behaviour at the time, which in turn will depend on several factors.
    Many think Iím super nice and calm, others think Iím insufferable, as I said itís fine because thatís the me theyíve experienced at the time.

    17. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
    In no particular order:
    -Open mindness
    -Truth
    -Passion
    -Resilience
    -Independence
    -Daring
    -Cunningness
    -Loyalty
    -Justice
    -Wisdom

    18. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
    Depends on whether the change is for the better or worse, and if I have a choice or not. Iíll resist and fight unwanted changes, but I embrace and promote desired ones.
    When I came to Korea on my own without knowing anything or anyone, it was surreal but very welcomed, even if I was scared.

    19. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
    As Iíve said before, it depends, But I can be very snappy and short with people if they try to calm me down by saying things like ďItís alrightĒ, ďItís gonna be okayĒ, ďDonít worryĒ etc. Like donít try to play down or invalidate my feelings, please and thank you. If youíre not going to actually help then just leave me alone. I super appreciate people who offer constructive solutions and make themselves useful.

    20. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
    Iím just super light, free and happy, enjoying everything and everyone thatís around me. No pressure, just me being me and doing what I do well. What matters i show I feel, not the situation itself, because I can feel like this even at times where it might look stressful from the outside, but I feel fine when Iím in my elemento, I welcome challenges then.

    21. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
    I only hate interacting with people when Iím not in the mood, because then itís an effort to look interested and not lose my patience. Usually I love being with friends and accontainces, I love group activities. It also makes for an interesting pastime, observing people.


    22. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
    Hate Society how it is, itís pretty rotten to the core, so I decided to change through my work. I value politeness, decorum and respecting others, thereís a place and time for everything, donít forget the magical words, donít impose yourself on others etc, the Works. Iím rather unforgiving when people donít show manners. As for customs you should only go top places that welcome you the way you are, or make an effort to fit in if you chose to go where the values donít match our own.
    People as a whole donít really exist objectively speaking, and when I do generalize them is always negative.

    23. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
    I donít recognize authority, really. I mean I do in the sense I donít infringe on the law in ways that might get me in trouble and things like that, but ultimately Iím my own authority.

    24. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
    I prefer structure but I can deal with chaos and make it right. Order to me means things that make sense, that work smoothly, that can be explained satisfactorily. Chaos mean lack of focus, a framework and incompetence.

    25. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
    Not achieving all that I can achieve due to my own fault. It stresses me out in form of doubt.


    26. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
    Happiness, same thing as everyone. Because itís the prerogative of life, why else would we be here? I was born knowing thankfully.

    27. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
    I need to know my type because Iím obsessed with it and Fighting my obsessions is fruitless. I want to be able to inform myself with more personalized material on how to become better and more productive version of myself, that's the real reason. I also enjoy archetypes, so I'm curious if I actually fit any because I see myself in several.

    My Enneatype is 8w7-7w8-3w4 Sx/Sp/So.

    I took a lot of tests and I Always get high Ti and Ni, but the results vary a lot between ENTP, ISTP, ESTP, INTJ, ENTJ and ENFJ.

    Here's the K2C one:


    28. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
    Yes: if youíre going to offer a typing then please, use functions and not general personality traits to justify it. Bring evidence to back it up too, then I can take it seriously and make progress.
    Thank you.

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMan View Post
    @KarmaButterfly

    How you reminisce reminds me of Ne/Si, and your unwillingness to compromise your control and wiggle room unless it's a win win, reminds me of myself.

    I think you might be a Ji/Ne dom. With Si tertiary.

    Your perspective:


    Message, agenda, resonance, honesty, authenticity, hatred towards hypocrisy and control - you also previously mentioned magic, when speaking of what the random image invoked in you (I relate so hard).

    You're an idealist, a dreamer.

    I keep getting the feeling that you might be Ti/Fe (Strong Fe), where Ne/Si/Fe makes you see the potential and magic in things - dreamifying reality (hence INTP's love for music and melancholic memories). I would believe you, if you said that you were INTP, especially the way you specify things as well as having an eye for precision and vagueness. Also, since I am an INTP, I know for a fact that INTP's tend to score high on Fi.

    But if you said you were an INFP, I would also believe you without a doubt :)! (ok, lies - I would still wonder). Just the combination of Ne aux and Si/tert, makes us hyper aware of our memories. I suppose INFP's also have the tendency to dreamify, as we share Ne aux and Si tert.

    But idk, it's just my impressions of what you've posted. My best guess?

    INxP

    Either way, I could be horribly wrong. Tell me what you feel :)
    Thank you for the input, yours is top quality, I was giving up already!


    I agree 100% with Fe/Ti being it, I know for sure I'm no Fi/Te user.


    I don't think anyone ever described me as "dreamy", I get "imaginative" a lot though. Personally I'm not into melancholy on its own, probably both because I'm primarily Choleric and I've been into deep depression before, so I avoid sadness (but do not deny it when it's there).

    Can't agree with me using Ne because that's my top "WTF?" function (I get it conceptually, but the reality of it escapes me, scares me and irritates me), so that excludes Si though.

  10. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaButterfly View Post
    Doing this for kicks and future comparison, I'm closing the thread then cuz clearly it's leading nowhere:

    1) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
    Iím absolutely messy when it comes to my physical environment (though I hate it coming from others), but I strive for mental organization and Iím good at orchestrating things and I can manage personnel really well.

    2) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    Does it make sense, is it sound? Whatís the point/purpose? Whatís in it for me? I donít have to look for anything, I just immediately know whether it fits my criteria or not, and Iím rarely wrong.

    3) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
    I absolutely see group harmony to be vital in any collective venture. Itís the basis of it really, we shall all be United under the same purpose, or at least have personal purposes that donít collide with it and skills and actions that propel the group agenda forward.

    I make sure the atmosphere is good by making sure the relationships work well enough, the members donít need all to be close, but they need to respect each other. I achieve Harmony not by being a therapy counselor or anything like it, but by bringing issues or tension I feel between people to the forefront and resolving it or making they work at it, so it doesnít get in the way o four goal and doesnít ruin the vibe. Sometimes Fighting is good, as a way to get everything out in the open and directly dealing with the problem.

    4) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
    It depends on how my emotional state is at the time, but usually I say what I mean and mean what I say, though thereís a lot I keep to myself if the timing isnít right or if I know itíd be useless and unwelcomed.
    I like both,, but group discussions are much more fun and interesting.

    5) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    Iím pretty good at dealing with emergency situations or crisis, people always come to me in those cases. But just because I can do it well doesnít mean itís my preferred state or tactic, I actually almost Always have a goal in mind and at least a general plan on how to get there. But if the circumstances change or I get new information, I ditch the plan and do something else, the means are whatever, I just have to get it.

    6) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
    Unless I donít feel well or like going out Iíll go of course, I can Always watch it online later.


    7) How do you act when you're stressed out?
    Depends on whatís causing the stress, itís not always the same. I can either isolate myself or just try and find something to unwind, otherwise if Iím forced to be among people I can be very unpleasant.

    8) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
    Many things: self centeredness, taking things personal, disconsideration, fakeness, hypocrisy, disrespect, rudeness, vulgarity, self rightness, winy lazy people etc.

    9) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
    Music, dance, visual arts, literature, philosophy, psychology, quantum physics, ufology, fashion, gastronomy, marketing etc.

    10) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life.
    House chores, definitely. Also anything thatís out of my radar, that doesnít hold personal interest or is essential in my life, I prioritize a lot.

    11) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
    I asked them to make lists before for self typing purposes, so I come prepared: They describe as me as having high self respect, assertive, very observant, intimidating, independent, mysterious, good actress, playful but easily stressed, great at strategy, good at figuring stuff out, unpredictable when it comes to dealing with people, funny but a bit savage, loyal and protective, good advisor, seductive.
    I donít really see some things like me being cute, but since itís relevant i didnít include it here.
    I think theyíd never say Iím an easy person, or calm and accommodating, things like this.

    12) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    Depends on my mood obviously, sometimes I like reading either inside or out in some park, sometimes I ride my bike and take pictures, sometimes I shop and eat out...

    13 Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
    The first one of course, who would choose the second, I canít imagine it.
    I love the atmosphere of the first one, I immediately image Iím alone walking down the beach, having gone there (I imagine is Jakarta) with my group. Something big is about to happen.

    14. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
    I am what I am, and what I am canít be described just experienced. Youíll see it soon enough, sob be prepared.

    15. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
    Same person I am except more chilled out and patient, also able to stick with things when they get boring, less critical too so Iíd suffer less.
    I wouldnít like to be a spineless wimp, a wallflower, an ass kisser or a follower.

    16. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
    Sure, because Iím not an open person though I am direct, so people who arenít close to me are getting a very limited view of the whole of who I am. Also their impressions will be dependant on my behaviour at the time, which in turn will depend on several factors.
    Many think Iím super nice and calm, others think Iím insufferable, as I said itís fine because thatís the me theyíve experienced at the time.

    17. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
    In no particular order:
    -Open mindness
    -Truth
    -Passion
    -Resilience
    -Independence
    -Daring
    -Cunningness
    -Loyalty
    -Justice
    -Wisdom

    18. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
    Depends on whether the change is for the better or worse, and if I have a choice or not. Iíll resist and fight unwanted changes, but I embrace and promote desired ones.
    When I came to Korea on my own without knowing anything or anyone, it was surreal but very welcomed, even if I was scared.

    19. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
    As Iíve said before, it depends, But I can be very snappy and short with people if they try to calm me down by saying things like ďItís alrightĒ, ďItís gonna be okayĒ, ďDonít worryĒ etc. Like donít try to play down or invalidate my feelings, please and thank you. If youíre not going to actually help then just leave me alone. I super appreciate people who offer constructive solutions and make themselves useful.

    20. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
    Iím just super light, free and happy, enjoying everything and everyone thatís around me. No pressure, just me being me and doing what I do well. What matters i show I feel, not the situation itself, because I can feel like this even at times where it might look stressful from the outside, but I feel fine when Iím in my elemento, I welcome challenges then.

    21. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
    I only hate interacting with people when Iím not in the mood, because then itís an effort to look interested and not lose my patience. Usually I love being with friends and accontainces, I love group activities. It also makes for an interesting pastime, observing people.


    22. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
    Hate Society how it is, itís pretty rotten to the core, so I decided to change through my work. I value politeness, decorum and respecting others, thereís a place and time for everything, donít forget the magical words, donít impose yourself on others etc, the Works. Iím rather unforgiving when people donít show manners. As for customs you should only go top places that welcome you the way you are, or make an effort to fit in if you chose to go where the values donít match our own.
    People as a whole donít really exist objectively speaking, and when I do generalize them is always negative.

    23. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
    I donít recognize authority, really. I mean I do in the sense I donít infringe on the law in ways that might get me in trouble and things like that, but ultimately Iím my own authority.

    24. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
    I prefer structure but I can deal with chaos and make it right. Order to me means things that make sense, that work smoothly, that can be explained satisfactorily. Chaos mean lack of focus, a framework and incompetence.

    25. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
    Not achieving all that I can achieve due to my own fault. It stresses me out in form of doubt.


    26. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
    Happiness, same thing as everyone. Because itís the prerogative of life, why else would we be here? I was born knowing thankfully.

    27. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
    I need to know my type because Iím obsessed with it and Fighting my obsessions is fruitless. I want to be able to inform myself with more personalized material on how to become better and more productive version of myself, that's the real reason. I also enjoy archetypes, so I'm curious if I actually fit any because I see myself in several.

    My Enneatype is 8w7-7w8-3w4 Sx/Sp/So.

    I took a lot of tests and I Always get high Ti and Ni, but the results vary a lot between ENTP, ISTP, ESTP, INTJ, ENTJ and ENFJ.

    Here's the K2C one:


    28. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
    Yes: if youíre going to offer a typing then please, use functions and not general personality traits to justify it. Bring evidence to back it up too, then I can take it seriously and make progress.
    Thank you.
    With all of that I'd say ENTP (or possibly ESTP). It fits an extraverted perceiver with strong Ti who values unity.
    Sailor Mars thanked this post.

  11. #20

    (Long post is long. Aplogies in advance.)

    Edit: This post took HOURS due to interruptions and other interferences, so I'm sorry if I ended up saying the same thing as someone else or missed impirtant details. Haven't had a chance to finish reading other responses.)

    Ummm. Well, you *do* come off sounding very much like an ENFP (and in fact you sound very much like me), and my other guess is ENTJ. You sound like you use a lot of Te+Fi. I know you say you're not Fi, but what you say sounds very much like Fi. I know it's long, but hear me out. (And I'm sorry if it seems like I'm beating a dead horse here. XD)

    These are the comments that sound like Fi:

    (Some of these are not the same order as you presented.)

    When asked about *values* the very first topic you raised was about freedom, without which you said, "I feel caged or stifled." Fi types feel a personal violation if they perceive their freedom being infringed in some way. The Fi motto is basically, "You do you and I'll do me." It's not that Fe types don't believe the same way, but I don't tend to see them react *as strongly* about it as Fi types would. To them, there are plenty of other things to worry about.

    "I reject having anything imposed on me, or having anyone believe they have a hold on me." This resonates with that "You do you, I'll do me" comment. I highlight this based on your use of strong words like "reject" and "imposed".

    "I Always say I prefer aN ugly truth to a beaUtiful lie and I mean it." This is quite as much my motto as it is yours. It tends to exasperate me when people treat me like emotionally fine china, won't get around to the point, sugar-coat, or even outright lie or cover up their true intentions just to prevent hurting my feelings. As long as you approach me in a civilized manner (don't yell, cuss, call me names, shame me for my beliefs, degrade my personhood), then it's perfectly fine. In general this is my same approach to talking to others-- straightforward, honest, and objective without being insensitive. I live in a whole family of Fi doms/auxs, and this is how I interact with all my Fi friends.

    In contrast, I have found that when speaking to my Fe dom/aux friends, if I want to bring up a sensitive topic, my approach requires a bit more setup (moreso for the doms than the auxs). I still approach in an honest, objective way without being insensitive, but I wouldn't call it "straightforward", and I have to take it a little more slowly. To me, it feels like a bird flying slowly down in a gentle curve (if that makes any sense). This also resembles *their own* approach to broaching sensitive topics, whether with me or with others.

    "I am what I am, and you take it or leave it cuz Iím sure not gonna change to fit in." I don't believe Fe types always or necessarily lack personality or are only people pleasers. Like you, I believe that is a misperception-- only unhealthy Fe users would behave that way. That being said, Fe users have a strong sense of sociability, and so they *do* care how other people perceive them, and they *like* to be accommodating to others. They won't try to change their whole selves to fit in, but they will moderate certain aspects of their behavior depending on the group they are interacting with. For the sake of some of my Fe friends, I *try* to do the same, but I'm just so clumsy at it. :P But for the most part, they've gotten used to me this way, they understand my perception and intentions, and they're fine with it.

    When asked about what makes you feel inferior, you replied with "when I lose control and show something I didnít mean for people to see." In fact, all three parts of your answer resonate with me, but this line in particular sounds like Introverted Feeling in that you keep it closely guarded.

    When asked what you consider in making decisions, you replied, "The best outcome for me, obviously. What will give me the most of what I want with the least of what I donít?" The question even specified in its examples whether you consider other people, and it doesn't come up in your answers. There is a common perception that Fi users are very selfish, but again, that is only reflective of unhealthy use of Fi. But most likely you like to consult *yourself* about your decisions because you have a clear destiny in mind, you've already mapped out your goals, you readily know what you need and want. You already mentioned previously that you wish to be successful at what you do, but you also have a message. Fe users are largely motivated to contribute to society, but your answer about having a message/ agenda basically says, "I have something originating in and contained *within myself* that I wish to bring out to share with others." Your answer to #16 reflects basically the same thing.

    "I am so honest about who I am, what I want, what I believe in and I donít compromise*" This is another strong Fi trait, that surety of self, and the unwavering emphasis on honesty.

    The thought of an Fi type clashing with other Fi types isn't far-fetched, and in fact I'd say it's quite likely. Because Fi deals with internal values, values that are subjective, and they're guarded so closely, it's easy to become overprotective and lash out when feeling threatened, which could play out in an argument like this:

    "You should never do that. That's wrong!"
    "Don't you tell me what to do. You're not the boss of me."

    Whereas an Fe user might be watching and think, "Honestly, we should just aim for whatever benefits both sides best, and not spend so much time and energy arguing about it."

    Someone pointed out that NT types tend to come off as arrogant. Well it's certainly true that they are often perceived that way, and arrogance would be a likely indicator of an *unhealthy* NT. But I would like to refer to my (admittedly limited) experience with NTs and say that I *think* that arrogance can manifest differently depending on whether it is being supported by Fi or Fe.

    I think NTs care a lot about things like academic achievement, knowledge and expertise in their preferred field, because they have high-reaching goals and a desire to be competent; this is also how they wish to be seen by others. From what I can tell, an arrogant NTJ *seems* to be more likely to build himself up, exaggerate his acomplishments, etc., and if the bi-product of that ends up being that he steps on a few people's toes, well that's THEIR problem. It's exasperating when people don't recognize his superiority for what it is.

    In contrast, I think an arrogant NTP might be more prone to focussing on *others* and putting them down, thus setting up the illusion of being smarter/ better (from the point of view of a "lesser being"). I know someone who I'm pretty certain is an NTP, and if I believe passionately about something and say what I believe and he disagrees with it, I can be certain he will take a dump on it in an effort to put me in my place. (I've seen him do this to others as well.) He is quick to point out that society (more commonly) believes a different thing, insinuates in some way that he doesn't trust my intelligence, casts my belief as being in the minority, and he is careful to do this loudly in front of people in an effort to sway the social circle's opinion of me and/or the thing I believe and care about.

    That's my two cents on the arrogant side of NTs, and freely admit that it's pretty much only worth two cents. Take it with a grain of salt. :P

    Okay, now if you don't mind, I have a few questions.

    You might still feel that ENFP/ENTJ are incorrect typing for you, and that's fine. However, because so much of what your wrote appears to many of us to be that way (especially in regards to Fi), it would be useful to gather more data and compare it to all of our previous answers.

    I'd like to start with a rewording of question 5, as you felt it a little ambiguous. I *think* what it meant was:

    1.) What would you do if you found evidence that something you believe strongly about turns out to not be true?

    As an example, your religious views are brought into question. You used to strongly believe in one thing, but now you have found evidence that what you believed might be mistaken or outright wrong.

    A different example: There's a politician you look up to, voted for, and strongly support. Recently he has been in the news and caught in some kind of scandal, and they provide a good bit of evidence that he did something underhanded or even outright broke the law.

    (Feel free to consider a different example instead.)

    -----

    Earlier you mentioned "My public image is a huge part of what I do and I donít work alone so whatever mistakes I do reflect on my teammates". I have two questions on this:

    2a.) How would you react if you were accused of doing something underhanded or illegal, and as a result it painted an unfavorable picture of your entire group?

    2b.) How would you react if someone else in your group was accused of doing something underhanded or illegal, and it painted an unfavorable picture of you?

    3.) Is it more important to be right, or to get along?

    4.) Do you keep a schedule? How do you keep track of it? Is it efficient? Do you stick to it every day?

    5.) Let's say tomorrow morning you are expected to live by an entirely new, unfamiliar schedule every day for a long time in the foreseeable future. How do you react? How will you manage it?

    [b]6.) How well do you keep your workplace or home office organized? What methods of organization do you rely on?

    [b]7.) If someone desires to enlist your help in reorganizing their home office, would you do it? Why or why not?

    8.) Supposing you DID decide to help, how would you do it? What methods would you consider to be important? What advice or recommendations would you have for that person?

    [b]9.) You say you're terrible at memorizing things. What do you do to compensate for this?

    [b10.) What are some things you have memorized quickly and efficiently? How did you do it?

    That's all I can think of for now. I might have more questions later. Please bear in mind that I'm only semi-confident that I can accurately type you. Feel free to take my input with a grain of salt. :)
    Last edited by PurpleKitti; 03-28-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    RexMaximus and Sailor Mars thanked this post.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What celebrity MBTI type are you most confident in?
    By remmycool in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-09-2017, 12:19 PM
  2. [ENTP] This app KNOWS your MBTI type from your typing biometrics (take the test)
    By papusharu in forum ENTP Forum- The Visionaries
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-29-2016, 06:01 PM
  3. How confident are you that you know your MBTI type?
    By action9000 in forum Member Polls
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 04:59 PM
  4. What type am I? - MBTI Typing Analysis
    By raskoolz in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 09:23 AM
  5. Type Me Please! New to MBTI and Need Help Typing.
    By Mathias G in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 11:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0