I've been into personality typing for years and though I'm considered really good at typing others, I can't type myself to save my life. I have had several different typings before (done by tests, self typed by research and others), but never seem to be able to fit in with them and therefore settle down. Since I consider this inability to apply the technique to myself, I pose this as challenge to those on the other side who can better see me.
I answered a questionnaire and a half as brutally honestly as possible, so let's see if you can answer this question: what type am I?
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Iím a 21 years old female and Iím feeling fly~~
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
This image caught my eye because it looked familiar. I really love the lightening, somehow it makes it look so real, I can feel the sun rays as if Iím there. I feel like the place belongs to me, even if itís located in a park inside of a city, itís a magical place overlooked for most but that I can access. Itís an afternoon after school, I say goodbye tom y friends, and soon I go down the stairs, excited about what today here will bring. Thereís a sense of recognition in the atmosphere.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Iíll be thinking a lot of swear words haha. And repeating to myself and reality ďThis canít be happening, this CANíT e happening!!!Ē Iíll externalize everything Iím feeling, why would I hold back?
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Iím so in. What better way to make this night even better than dancing and celebrating the concert experience?
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Well it depends on whether his our views are just divergente or whether his comments offend me somehow. In any case, Iíll start either questioning and reasoning with him calmly, or giving him a piece of my mind. If itís seriously offending, the friendship will be broken right there.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
This question is incredibly vague and all encompassing AT ONCE. Again, if itís just something I disagree with but doesnít offend me Iíll just either leave or not comment on it, otherwise all hell breaks loose lol.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Itís difficult for me to list them now, my mind is like a blank, how weird. Itís not that I donít have them, itís that I only consciously think of them when they are infringed upon. Letís see: Freedom. I donít think I need to explain this, itís like air to me and if I feel caged or stifled only bad things happen, I canít take it or deal with it constructively. I reject having anything imposed on me, or having anyone believe they have a hold on me. Bonds and compromises are made and controlled by me, if somebody claims me as their own they better know Iím only staying for as long as it pleases me.
Then honesty, most definitely, itís something I demand from people, I Always say I prefer aN ugly truth to a beaUtiful lie and I mean it. On my side I just think it makes life easier. Then itíd have to be passion, to live life fully doing what you love and believe in, itís the one thing that can make life meaningful, and last but definitely not least friendship, the highest form of love known to man.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) That I am so honest about who I am, what I want, what I believe in and I donít compromise or take any shit regarding all this. Iím so complex and somehow contradicting, but very honest and self accepting while at it. I am what I am, and you take it or leave it cuz Iím sure not gonna change to fit in.
b) Iíd LOVE to be less impatient, easy to stir and self critical. Itíd make my life so much easier, I get too stressed when something/someone I care about is on the line, Iíd love to be more chilled out.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
My friends and family called me psychic and I wholeheartedly agree. Iím the most intuitive person I know and I have learned (the hard way) long ago to trust my instincts, I never doubt them because every time I gave someone the benefit of the doubt or decided to see things with my own eyes, I got screwed. I could say my intuition is my best friend and weapon. With it I can see the world and the people in it how they really are, like wearing one of those glasses in They Lived. Itís also super handy (but sometimes scary) to be right so much percent of the time about how things will develop.
It doesnít need a trigger, it just comes at all times with no warning. I know many will roll their eyes at this portion, but I donít care, itís just how it is.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) I donít have many hobbies because what I do for a living is the same thing I like doing in my free time: singing and dancing, I never get tired of it both physically and mentally. I also love to strategize things involving people.
b) Anything having to do with house chores or being forced to pay attention to people talking about subjects I find utterly boring. I can feel life force leaving my body, thatís how bad it is.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I have to force myself not to flip out about things that infuriate me when in work situations or some other social settings, hide my contempt for things and people whenever needed, I also refuse to show any and all signs of weakness when outside of my safe zone, in order to not give others ammunition against me. My public image is a huge part of what I do and I donít work alone so whatever mistakes I do reflect on my teammates, so I try really hard to keep myself in check when out there.
I hate suppressing myself since I feel like itís a violence (not rational I know), but itís needed so I accept it as coming with the job. Iím much better at putting things that arenít there than taking out when it comes to acting though.
11. What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Like I've said before Iím too multifaceted, sounds Ďspecial snowflakeí like I know, but I donít know how else to put it. Whenever Reading type descriptions I can legit see myself fitting several very disparaging ones, and everyone around me agree. Itís not that I change a lot because Iíve Always heard Iím complicated and hard to predict down since I was a kid. I can never neither can others)describe myself in a few words. I honestly and truly have Always wished I was simple.
12. What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To be really successful at what I do not only for personal fulfillment, but also because I have a message and agenda I want to push. I need to fulfill my destiny (how anime of me).
13. Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Most definitely when I first stopped rehearsing and preparing and started performing with my friends, that was nirvana. I also Always go back to when I moved countries on my own, those first few days were super magical, I felt so utterly free and self suficiente, like I needed nothing and no one, and the whole world was in my grasp.
14. What makes you feel inferior?
Whenever I fail to live up tom my high expectations, when somebody bits me at my own game or when I lose control and show something I didnít mean for people to see.
15. What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
The best outcome for me, obviously. I strive for win-win, but if I canít get it (very rare) Iíll pick the option that offers me the best buy for the lowest price. What will give me the most of what I want with the least of what I donít? Usually the best option is crystal clear to me because itís given by my intuition (which is why I consider myself very lucky), but when it isnít I might have to resort to weigh pros and cons and in the very rare occurance, ask for advice.
16. When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
How one of a kind I, and therefore in extension what Iím presenting, am. Hereís the best you can get, and the only one too, like that. I MUST have at least 50% of control, itís not even a choice, itís the only way.
18. When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I canít memorize to save my life if itís a subject that doesnít resonate with me, the worst are like smoke in this case, itís useless. I theorize a lot about things that I study on my own, but I donít think I did at school. By the way, Iím self taught when it comes to a lot of things, I usually do better this way.
But yeh, I learn much better by doing it, itís much more stimulating too. Theory canít compare to practice.
Constructive comments appreciated, I'm up for further inquiries.
Good luck and thank you, let the works begin