It's that time of the year again :) I have a direction, please help?
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Not really, other than my allergies who are acting up. I'm female, almost 19.
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
It won't let me post the photo, here's the link!
It's a bird, the background is blurry while that bird is extra sharp. Must be one heck of a camera/PhotoShop work. I don't know, it's definitely a well done picture. Haha that bird got that weird look to her, as if she's saying "wut"
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
"No, no, no ,no!"
I'm a naturally stressed person so I'd get really worked up and emotional. First of all though I'd try to get my car to start. I'm probably more stressed out for the sake of my car rather than the concert. Like sure, missing that concert is a bummer but I can see my favorite artist some other time. However- I. Am. Stuck. In. The. Middle. Of. Nowhere!!!! How will I get to the office tomorrow?? How will I get home??? Did I just ruin my very expensive car?? Like, I have more important things to worry about than a concert. I'd probably read the car manual, call my dad to see if he can help me to fix it via phone, maybe call a garage to tow it.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Sounds like a wild night!
I mean, sure, I'd love to! Great music (I'm guessing it's the same genre or songs that were played in the concert) and people who share the same interests as I. Very fun. I approve and say of course! However, it does depend on whether I have something important the following day or not. If I have to get up early or do something really important the next day I'll probably pass and go to sleep.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I try to make my point without disrespecting their opinion. Calmly explain what I think, but listen to the other side. I honestly love discussions like this, it makes me more confident in my own beliefs and I learn a lot from it.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I'd research, investigate, learn. Change my opinion if necessary, but first know my shit.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
- Optimism- looking forward a bright future and always approaching people with a smile. I found that once you're hoping and working for the best good things will come. If you're kind to someone, they're going to be kind to you as well. I'm not saying to be unrealistic, but approach life in a positive way.
- Hard work- you can't expect things to happen if you don't make them happen! I'm a soldier in the IDF (if any of you wants to have an intelligent discussion about Israel/Palestine or wants to hear about my military service as a hospital worker I will gladly do so once I have the time, it's just not really relevant here), and I received an award of excellence on the end of my basic army training (out of 160 women, I excelled the most), and another one on the end of my career course (out of 25 women), because I really work hard and try hard. A lot of what I achieve in life is thanks to my hard work and determination to not give up. Also, I don't mind doing more work than others- if I can make others' lives easier by taking most of the work, I don't really care. I like working, I get depressed if I do nothing.
- Charity- or love, more accurately. Giving to others, making amends, being genorous and helpful out of genuine love, not to make a personal gain. This one is harder to perform but that's what I aspire to be.
- Order- I've being called a Nazi, which is funny considering I'm the most Jewish person ever. I can't help it- order, systems, lists, rules, schedules- it's up my alley! I care very much about things bein orderly because once they are, it makes the work much easier to do. It just makes life so much easier in general, once you have an orderly system.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I'm gonna combine these two questions, because each quality has two sides:
- Caring- I care a lot... About things. It's probably why I get so stressed at times, but I'll get to it later. I have a lot of emotions, which is great because I'm very empathic and helpful, but sometimes I get worked up over things that are unimportant which sucks.
- Stress- on one hand, it's bad, because I'm a huge control freak and I want to do everything at once, and I get so stressed if some things are late or disorganized or just minor things or if someone breaks the rules. But on the other hand, my stress actually drives me to do really great stuff, which makes me awesome at whatever I do. Stress can also be ambition, it's not all bad.
One thing that really distinguishes me from everyone else which is only positive, and has pointed out to me many times is my optimism. I always smile, even when I'm upset or not feeling well. I've been told, especially recently, that I'm a ray of sunshine, that my smile really inspires people which means a lot to me. I'm a geniunely happy person, which is rare. I like to make the most out of the given situation and not get too depressed.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Never understood this question. I must not get gut feelings haha. I guess I just ignore them and follow reason.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) When I feel like I'm helping other people, when meeting new people with similar interests, being rewarded for my achievements.
b) Emotionally difficult situations, probably because my feeling function goes crazily active and is drained. Fighting with people, I dislike emotional conflict. Also long rides, the weather, walking long distances, being sick... I get tired easily haha.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I try to not speak ill of people, even if I really do think so. I don't know, I'm pretty upfront about everything.
Input, please? Thank you so much and have a great day!