I've been researching MBTI for a few years now, looking at the theory, the cognitive functions, etc. Unfortunately I've never been able to type myself. I've found the test to be very badly worded and un-helpful, and self-evaluating to be unreliable. I'm constantly changing my behavior, too, which makes things harder.
I want a third opinion from people who are more experience in MBTI. Here's a (probably innacurate) description of what I'm like:
- I can easily change my behavior, in a way that's almost manipulative at times.
- I like to make schedules and plans and monitor progress and such, but I'm also very lazy, I procrastinate a lot, and I am incredibly messy.
- I tend to be very blunt.
- I joke around a lot. Er. Morbid jokes, I suppose, a practical joke or two, or lying before eventually saying: "I was lying the whole time. Ha!"
- I'm honest, but not honest at the same time. I'm blunt, but I lie.
- I often laugh at things that are not funny. Ahem. Such as shows that are supposed to be incredibly sad.
- I both like chaos and order. I like taking leadership positions and having a controlled enviornment, but at the same time I enjoy incredibly chaotic environments. Somebody else: "Come on, guys, stop fooling around." Me: "AMEN." "Seriously, we shouldn't be doing this." "HALLELUJAH!" And then at other times I'm trying to impose control and get everybody to listen.
- When everybody else is stressed, I shout for silence and say the plan. Which is often a terrible plan. Or I calmly say the plan. Kind of a "Harry, did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" versus "HARRY DIDJA PUT YER NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIIIIYA?"
- I'm often standing with my arms crossed. Which opposes everything stated above.
- I'm an ambivert. I get tired when I'm with people but energized at the same time.
- I spend a lot of time on the Internet.
- I enjoy reading and creative writing.
- I love discussions. About politics, about philosophy, about random theories. And debates.
- My first reaction when somebody gets mad at me is to yell back, say something sarcastic, or mock them.
- I'm very sarcastic.
- I'm sure this entire thing paints me as some sort of loud, constantly joking person, but oftentimes I'm very quiet and incredibly hostile. I'll ignore somebody in a very obvious way until they leave me alone.
- Logging things and remembering is important to me.
- I want to help the world when I grow up. I want to become rich, then give all my money away.
- I very rarely care about something, or /truly/ get excited.
- I appear confident, but I'm constantly doubting myself.
- When presented with a problem, I either: a) Tell everybody: "shut up and let me figure this out" or b) Tell everybody: "let's figure this out."
- I daydream a lot.
- My arguments usually look something like this: a) here's the evidence that proves that I'm right b) here's the logic that proves that I'm right c) here's the ethics that proves that I'm right
- I feel bad when I'm too mean, but also at the same time... Don't really give a damn.
- I have tons of ideas but I rarely follow them through.
- I'm a very contradictory person who changes their personality a lot depending on the situation, so this description really isn't...exactly me, all the time.
Apologies for the long post.
Edit: (My online persona is different from my irl one.) Things to add:
- I'm quieter around strangers and louder with friends, but I'm not shy.
- I rarely offer a set decision and instead several different possibilities.
- I leave a conversation when people start talking about stoves. (Basically, uninteresting things. And I dislike small chat.)
- I like to get things done but at the same time I'm just so lazy.
Edit 2: Wow, there's a questionnaire. Should probably have filled that out. Oh well.