I cannot figure out my type! It's a real challenge please help - Page 2

I cannot figure out my type! It's a real challenge please help

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69
Thank Tree33Thanks

This is a discussion on I cannot figure out my type! It's a real challenge please help within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; Hi again~ Your first post gave off some pretty strong ENFP vibes, and they only got stronger as I read ...

  1. #11

    Hi again~

    Your first post gave off some pretty strong ENFP vibes, and they only got stronger as I read your additional posts.

    Do you have these "I'm on, let's goooo (later) I'm off, leave me alone" moments? That's ENFP to the max. ENTPs can also get the impression they have a strong introverted side after Ne takes a break.

    Socionics Type Assistant TURBO

    Perhaps this quick test will yield some insight.
    faithhealing thanked this post.

  2. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by UberY0shi View Post
    Hi again~

    Your first post gave off some pretty strong ENFP vibes, and they only got stronger as I read your additional posts.

    Do you have these "I'm on, let's goooo (later) I'm off, leave me alone" moments? That's ENFP to the max. ENTPs can also get the impression they have a strong introverted side after Ne takes a break.

    Socionics Type Assistant TURBO

    Perhaps this quick test will yield some insight.
    I'm definitely like that! I think I thought I was an introvert because I can be shy sometimes, or I don't think of myself as engaged with my surroundings. Which would make sense if I was an ENFP anyway. So, it seems like a solid fit.

    I've never read a good description of an unhealthy ENFP or an ENFP during a low mood, maybe that's why I thought that they weren't such a versatile type. Since I saw them as one dimensional, it'd make sense that I'd have such a difficult time applying the type to myself, if that makes any sense! I took the test you linked me and I think ENFP fits slightly better than INFP. I'm open to other interpretation but for right now I'm pretty comfortable in saying I'm most likely an ENFP. Which is cool haha.

  3. #13

    Woohoo! Glad we could get that sorted out
    faithhealing thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    I don't know you and I don't know what thought process you have, but I hope I'll help somehow.
    From what you've written here it really seems to me that you're Ne-dom, which would explain your introvert/extravert shiftings, although that could be also the result from your BPD.
    Here is an article about MBTI and BPD [how reliable is it? Probably not really, but still worth a shot] https://whichmbtitype.wordpress.com/...to-be-bipolar/
    Anyway, Ne-dom would either mean that you're an ENTP or an ENFP. You seem to have high Ti, hence the INTP, ENTP and even INFJ results. So, I'd rather shift towards an ENTP side, although on your profile you're an ENFP, so there is probably a reason for your choice.
    faithhealing thanked this post.

  6. #15

    You sound ISFP to me, just my two cents.
    faithhealing thanked this post.

  7. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Torporific View Post
    I don't know you and I don't know what thought process you have, but I hope I'll help somehow.
    From what you've written here it really seems to me that you're Ne-dom, which would explain your introvert/extravert shiftings, although that could be also the result from your BPD.
    Here is an article about MBTI and BPD [how reliable is it? Probably not really, but still worth a shot] https://whichmbtitype.wordpress.com/...to-be-bipolar/
    Anyway, Ne-dom would either mean that you're an ENTP or an ENFP. You seem to have high Ti, hence the INTP, ENTP and even INFJ results. So, I'd rather shift towards an ENTP side, although on your profile you're an ENFP, so there is probably a reason for your choice.
    I usually did have high Ne and moderately high Ti when I was initially taking functions related tests. I think that article is coming from a reasonable place. I mean, it's anecdotal but my ESFP friend is a classic example of someone with BPD.

    ENFP seems pretty accurate. My mom and sister described me as more 'thinking' oriented than 'feeling' but they're not familiar with typology (besides my sister knowing she is an INFP). So, it's hard to say! Is ENFP accurate because I'm trying to see myself through other people's eyes or because I genuinely feel like it's applicable to me? That's where the BPD 'unstable sense of self' comes into play. So, I'm not totally sure. Like I said though, I appreciate any new insight anybody has to offer so thank you!
    itcal thanked this post.

  8. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by faithhealing View Post
    I usually did have high Ne and moderately high Ti when I was initially taking functions related tests. I think that article is coming from a reasonable place. I mean, it's anecdotal but my ESFP friend is a classic example of someone with BPD.

    ENFP seems pretty accurate. My mom and sister described me as more 'thinking' oriented than 'feeling' but they're not familiar with typology (besides my sister knowing she is an INFP). So, it's hard to say! Is ENFP accurate because I'm trying to see myself through other people's eyes or because I genuinely feel like it's applicable to me? That's where the BPD 'unstable sense of self' comes into play. So, I'm not totally sure. Like I said though, I appreciate any new insight anybody has to offer so thank you!
    If you have BPD, this is going to make your typing harder due to your mental illness impacting your process thinking. I'm not yet convinced you could be ENFP, but you seem to be a Feeler nevertheless. Tests aren't reliable though, people always get different results. If you don't mind, I'm going to go a bit deeper

    • Why are you self-conscious? What are you afraid of? (all types can be self-conscious, but for different reasons)
    • Why do you feel shy? What could make you feel comfortable?
    • Why do you think ENFP is a better fit than INFP to you? (There's no right or wrong answer, I just want to know your perspective)

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Firemoon View Post
    If you have BPD, this is going to make your typing harder due to your mental illness impacting your process thinking. I'm not yet convinced you could be ENFP, but you seem to be a Feeler nevertheless. Tests aren't reliable though, people always get different results. If you don't mind, I'm going to go a bit deeper

    • Why are you self-conscious? What are you afraid of? (all types can be self-conscious, but for different reasons)
    • Why do you feel shy? What could make you feel comfortable?
    • Why do you think ENFP is a better fit than INFP to you? (There's no right or wrong answer, I just want to know your perspective)
    I'm mostly self-conscious about my appearance. I want to make a good impression, so I overly fixate on how I might be coming across to others. I usually play it safe when it comes to jokes and comments about other people. I'm easily embarrassed so I tend to tread lightly when it comes to interacting with groups of people. I worried about whether or not I'm making the appropriate amount of eye contact, things like that. I want to understand how to best present myself to someone so they feel comfortable and so they understand me. Of course, thinking like this tends to take me out of the moment which leaves me feeling pretty self-conscious usually! Especially if I'm sitting across from someone face to face.

    I'm shy when I'm not sure whether someone is interested in talking with me or not. Once somebody makes it clear with their body language, or if they start talking to me first then I'm usually alright. That's when I can open up and show my more talkative and boisterous side. If a stranger wants to engage with me then I'm happy to! But, I'm not usually the person who initials the conversation. It's very circumstantial. I'd be fine in a job interview but actually starting the job would be scary! I wonder what my coworkers might think of me and I feel the pressure to perform. Actually I feel like I have to be "on" whenever I'm with other people.

    When I think about INFPs I think about my sister. She is non-confrontational, and she is more introverted than I am. I can be spastic and intense sometimes whereas she doesn't really have that side to her. I can be hostile. When I want something I'll be direct, whether their strangers or family members it doesn't matter. She's also more altruistic than I am. She thinks about other people first and foremost. I think about myself first and then consider other people if I see it fit. She's not nearly as analytical as I am. I don't know. Maybe I haven't read a good description of INFPs that focus mostly on the functions themselves as opposed to stereotypes? I don't usually see INFPs as talkative or flighty though.

    Hopefully what I've said makes sense. I'll clarify anything if not, obviously.
    Firemoon thanked this post.

  10. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by faithhealing View Post
    I'm mostly self-conscious about my appearance. I want to make a good impression, so I overly fixate on how I might be coming across to others. I usually play it safe when it comes to jokes and comments about other people. I'm easily embarrassed so I tend to tread lightly when it comes to interacting with groups of people. I worried about whether or not I'm making the appropriate amount of eye contact, things like that. I want to understand how to best present myself to someone so they feel comfortable and so they understand me. Of course, thinking like this tends to take me out of the moment which leaves me feeling pretty self-conscious usually! Especially if I'm sitting across from someone face to face.

    I'm shy when I'm not sure whether someone is interested in talking with me or not. Once somebody makes it clear with their body language, or if they start talking to me first then I'm usually alright. That's when I can open up and show my more talkative and boisterous side. If a stranger wants to engage with me then I'm happy to! But, I'm not usually the person who initials the conversation. It's very circumstantial. I'd be fine in a job interview but actually starting the job would be scary! I wonder what my coworkers might think of me and I feel the pressure to perform. Actually I feel like I have to be "on" whenever I'm with other people.

    When I think about INFPs I think about my sister. She is non-confrontational, and she is more introverted than I am. I can be spastic and intense sometimes whereas she doesn't really have that side to her. I can be hostile. When I want something I'll be direct, whether their strangers or family members it doesn't matter. She's also more altruistic than I am. She thinks about other people first and foremost. I think about myself first and then consider other people if I see it fit. She's not nearly as analytical as I am. I don't know. Maybe I haven't read a good description of INFPs that focus mostly on the functions themselves as opposed to stereotypes? I don't usually see INFPs as talkative or flighty though.

    Hopefully what I've said makes sense. I'll clarify anything if not, obviously.
    Well, all of this screams insecure Fe, this is way too obvious: It is clear you're using objective standards (social norms, social dynamics, etc) to measure whether you're being appropriate or not with people. You're also using them to understand the world overall. You try to present yourself according to what you believe is the "right" thing to do for positive social consequences. You're insecure because you care too much on how you come off to people, you're literally valuing your self-worth through relationships, this is very common for insecure FJs. You want to make sure people are comfortable first because that's how you want to relate with them. You need some sort of reciprocity or clues from the other person, otherwise you'd feel lost and wouldn't know how to act/react with people. I've known insecure FPs, but this is completely different from what you've explained. Anyway, the problem is that you're too easily influenced by external factors to define your self-worth...as if you believe you're nothing without people's acceptance. Therefore, my guess is FJ...perhaps IxFJ, but not NFP.

    You're claiming you're analytical, this is interesting. FJs often feel the need to say they're smart or analytical due to feeling insecure about their own intelligence.

    Also, what do you mean by thinking about yourself first? Can you elaborate?

  11. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Firemoon View Post
    Well, all of this screams insecure Fe, this is way too obvious: It is clear you're using objective standards (social norms, social dynamics, etc) to measure whether you're being appropriate or not with people. You're also using them to understand the world overall. You try to present yourself according to what you believe is the "right" thing to do for positive social consequences. You're insecure because you care too much on how you come off to people, you're literally valuing your self-worth through relationships, this is very common for insecure FJs. You want to make sure people are comfortable first because that's how you want to relate with them. You need some sort of reciprocity or clues from the other person, otherwise you'd feel lost and wouldn't know how to act/react with people. I've known insecure FPs, but this is completely different from what you've explained. Anyway, the problem is that you're too easily influenced by external factors to define your self-worth...as if you believe you're nothing without people's acceptance. Therefore, my guess is FJ...perhaps IxFJ, but not NFP.

    You're claiming you're analytical, this is interesting. FJs often feel the need to say they're smart or analytical due to feeling insecure about their own intelligence.

    Also, what do you mean by thinking about yourself first? Can you elaborate?
    When I say analytical, maybe I'm using the wrong word. More reflective maybe? I read deeply into my relationships with other people, how they treat me and how I treat them, and I like to analyze movies and music. I'm not technically savvy when it comes to that type of thing though. So, I usually do focus on how something maybe me feel and what I would change (like if I were in the place of a film director, let's say). I can be defensive about my intelligence though! I want to be considered insightful, maybe ingenious is the right word? But, a lot of the time I feel like what I'm saying falls short of accurately summing up my feelings and thoughts about something. This is mainly why I feel so misunderstood occasionally.

    I wouldn't say I'm selfish or arrogant. We all have our moments. But, I don't mind asking my family for favors even if I know it puts them out. People say I'm good at comforting them but I don't see that in myself. I'm polite usually but I could probably be more pleasant sometimes haha. I can get snappy at people if they say something I seriously disagree with. I might ignore plans I've made with someone if I'm not in the mood and I wouldn't feel overly guilty about it. My comfort and secure comes before other people's feelings and time. It's more subconscious than me actually think that's a good way to live life! Maybe I'm being too hard on myself Idk.

    What I'm saying I guess is that I'm not the most gracious people I know.


     
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FUCK ME I cannot figure out my type. ENTJ or ENTP?
    By FamousAuthor47 in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-29-2015, 03:58 AM
  2. Desperate ... Cannot figure out my type - please help!!! :) thanks in advance
    By Princess Sparkle in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2015, 08:09 PM
  3. I'm a Comedian, Cannot Figure Out Personality Type
    By Obscure Reference in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 01:01 PM
  4. I cannot figure out my type!!
    By Freakinjane in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-16-2013, 06:14 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 02:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:41 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0