Help with typing please?

Help with typing please?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
Thank Tree13Thanks

This is a discussion on Help with typing please? within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; ...

  1. #1

    Help with typing please?

    I've been trying to figure my type out for almost 3 years now, but am still unsure, so I'm hoping for help outside myself, maybe someone can spot something I didn't. I have a fair (I hope) grasp on the functions, but am no expert or even close. The most trouble comes for me when trying to figure out Fe/Ti vs Fi/Te difference. I don't have an absolute idea of my type, I also know some can overlap too, so I've included a brief summery of how I feel I use each function, to try and help myself, and all of you reading, determine which 4 I use. I hope I included good/enough information. I should note that while I do have anxiety issues, I can usually determine something anxiety driven from what Iíd really want to do if I didn't, so Iíve written with the latter in mind. Feel free to ask me questions if you need.

    Some facts that might help:

    Gender; Female

    Age; Early 30s

    I have OCD and anxiety disorder (nether is official, but after 15 years, there is little doubt)

    Functions:

    Si; Iím a relatively organized girl, at least in some areas of my life, maybe not as much as I think in others, but it depends on what I have to work with. I organize better if everything has a place to begin with, otherwise I become overwhelmed, am bother by the mess, but ignore it because I donít know what to do with it. I am good at organizing information though, in a spreadsheet, on a computer, or list, etc. I tend to remember names and facts easily. I notice details about things that interest me, like light casts from the sky, placement of objects, and remember it. Iím observant of minute details in the behavior people show (more on tv then real life, not because I would not notice, but because Iím to shy to look at them). I tend to like things from that past, past time periods for example, look back on memories for fun or nostalgia. Sometimes I wish the present was more like the past, things seemed simpler.

    Ne; I consider myself very creative, and have been told this many times by others. I naturally tend to see possibilities, especially in things like cooking, art, fashion, objects, and ideas. I love to game, and although I primarily stick to the same few, and switch between as I get bored. When thatís not exciting enough, I'l find casual games on sites like Kongregate, where I can try out something new without having to commit much time on it. Iím relatively focused, but I can distract really easy if something I like, or something out of the ordinary around me catches my attention. Like forgetting to watch my dance game to make sure I donít miss steps. I tend to bored easy, and not always know what to do with myself. Iím more in my head (I practically live there some days). I tend to springboard off of things Iíve seen, like; ďoh that looks like a great recipe, but I could make even better by doing this to it, or this. I wonder how it would taste if I did it this way.Ē I love fantasizing, I have whole worlds of fantasy in my head, about characters on tv I like, characters Iíve made up based on the shows, etc" I even make up my own original stories, but have never finished one, some day perhaps, lol. I did not mean to write an essay on Ne. XD

    Se; This one is hard, I donít relate to Se much. I like excitement, I also tend to notice possibilities of things around me, I bore easy. I think thatís it.

    Ni; I can relate to deeper meanings, but I donít live in it and analyze everything. Creativity of course, I feel like sometimes I can just tell about things that will happen (not psychically or anything, but just get a feeling something will happen, like someone saying something I knew they probably would say, or do something).

    Fi; Iím very emotional, and Iím very opinionated, and while I donít go around with the intent of sharing necessarily, Iím known to if something really irks me, or I feel someone is wrong. Otherwise I keep my nose out. I feel like Iím fairly self aware of my feelings most of the time, I usually know how I feel (not always why though), I sometimes have a hard time sharing it though, even with people I trust. I have to force myself if itís a touchy topic with me. I usually let others have their own opinion, and try to agree to disagree on things that canít be resolved (because if I donít have an excellent reason, Iím NOT budging, especially if itís a important topic to me). I have been known to argue with others, especially if they try to topple my beliefs and refuse to just let me hold my opinion. I sometimes get lost in characters I like, feeling like Iíve lost myself in them, even role playing as then in games (name and fashion only though, as I find it hard to act vastly different from myself, though I may use hobbies from characters if I enjoy them too). I donít usually care what people think of me, there are a few exceptions, but I might or might not try to pretend I donít care, depending on the situation.

    Te; Itís hard for me to describe this function. I tend to like order, and have a certain amount of respect for rules, as long they feel fair. I am capable of leading others if I have to, but hate being in charge. I like evidence, and like facts of characters rather the made up stuff (though I do make up things for my own personal fantasy, but am aware of the facts of the characters). I hate people misquoting or outright making stuff up. I got into an argument once over this because someone quoted a character as being something they werenít (at least thereís nothing to back the clam, itís not really said one way another, but it was stated as fact), and another for saying something they didnít. I got very mad, have not gone to that site since then.

    Fe; Very emotional, I tend to like keeping harmony usually, and try to avoid fighting. I will put others first sometimes (though I should add I do tend to think how it affects me first). When I help someone, I will not usually regret it, even if their mean, though I might not help again. I sometimes feel like I bond with other easily, even if I donít know them (usually fictional characters over real people). I tend to put myself in otherís shoes relatively easily. There are times when I feel like I get so lost in a character I feel I lose myself for a minute in them, though I tend to snap out of it when think of what I like/am distanced from the character. I do not like to see people fighting, I get upset because I donít know where things stand, and it feels disruptive to my immediate surroundings (augments in real life. Online too when Iím personally involved (unless I started the arguing).tv and online things Iím not involved in, still make me tense, but I donít feel disrupted by that).

    Ti; I like logic, and for things to make logical sense. I tend to think about what makes something work, and taking things apart seems interesting, (though I rarely do). Escape games that follow no logic drive me crazy.

    Things I wasnít sure what function to put them in:

    Iíve got a temper, especially when stressed (tend to come as a result of my anxiety, Iíve become infamous actually in my house for going into a rage when my anxiety is hard for me to resolve, I feel stuck because I see bad things happening if I canít resolve it, and can lash out verbally (and on rare occasions physically too, though Iíve worked hard to control this and it rarely happens now), not even so much because I want to, or even because Iím mad at anyone (except myself for not being able to listen to the part of me that tells me my thoughts are illogical, and letting my feelings of anxiety dictate what I do.

    People tell me I struggle with change, and itís true I do tend to, but most donít know itís usually anxiety driven. If I had no issues with anxiety, I would been much more open (even excited by it), though I might still struggle with some change, but not to the extent I currently am.

    I love music and emotional express myself through listening to it, even though I listen privately.

    Iím very shy, though I like to socialize, but on my terms, I usually socialize in my MMO games. I have a hard time telling if interaction drains or energizes me, a bit or both, like I like if people visit, am even sad seeing them leave, but enjoy feeling like I can relax again after. In person interaction is hard for me compared to interaction online. Making eye contact is difficult to me. Iíve gone 2 years without leaving the house, not really bothered by it, though I sometimes wonder if I missed out on things. I have a hard time being fully alone, I need to add though, some of this could be anxiety driven, as I tend to have trouble more when alone. Iíve also never been fully by myself longer then 10-12 hours, as I live at home. I have a hard time bonding with others, I tend not know what to say, and feel like I donít fit in well. I can really talk though if I enjoy the subject/know a fair amount on it. Iím otherwise pretty quite, and only speak when spoken to (in person, not online).
    myjazz thanked this post.



  2. #2

    The fact that you have these issues with anxiety & OCD may mingle some things, but it's likely you are a Fi dom, most likely INFP.

    It seems to fit with the traces of nostalgia you mentioned at the Si chapter; the fact that you have issues with deciding if you are a Fi or Fe user also fits: some Fi-doms develop many common traces with high Fe users. If you look at the paragraphs, how much you wrote about each function, notice that you wrote much more at functions from the INFP stack (Si, Ne, Fi, Te), + Fe, which is explainable like I said, than you wrote at the other functions = you understand much better the former group of functions, which is itself a clue.

    This makes me think you may have Te inf bursts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Persona Maiden View Post
    Iíve got a temper, especially when stressed (tend to come as a result of my anxiety, Iíve become infamous actually in my house for going into a rage when my anxiety is hard for me to resolve, I feel stuck because I see bad things happening if I canít resolve it, and can lash out verbally (and on rare occasions physically too, though Iíve worked hard to control this and it rarely happens now), not even so much because I want to, or even because Iím mad at anyone (except myself for not being able to listen to the part of me that tells me my thoughts are illogical, and letting my feelings of anxiety dictate what I do.
    Also, you may not really identify with the descriptions for INFP because of this:
    ]People tell me I struggle with change, and itís true I do tend to, but most donít know itís usually anxiety driven. If I had no issues with anxiety, I would been much more open (even excited by it), though I might still struggle with some change, but not to the extent I currently am.
    To confirm it, see if you identify with the inferior Te; when you are stuck, usually the inf is the steady way out: The Principles of Cognitive Function Theory MBTI-notes - Type Theory

  3. #3

    Thank you for the input! I had thought about xNFP myself too along with ISFP, and ISFJ, and a couple others. It would make sense. I've read over MBTI-notes before, I do relate to the descriptions of inferior Te, but get confused, because I can also relate to some descriptions of inferior Ne too, but that could be because of my anxiety, because it can produce some of the same results, I.E. worrying about everything.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Persona Maiden View Post
    Thank you for the input! I had thought about xNFP myself too along with ISFP, and ISFJ, and a couple others. It would make sense. I've read over MBTI-notes before, I do relate to the descriptions of inferior Te, but get confused, because I can also relate to some descriptions of inferior Ne too, but that could be because of my anxiety, because it can produce some of the same results, I.E. worrying about everything.
    I think ISFJ is unlikely because you would have tertiary Ti which, by your age, should be well developed. Then you would have had much more to say about Ti. Also ENFP doesn't seem right because Si appears to be higher. Which also contradicts ISFP.

    From what you wrote INFP very much stands out. If you're not sure, you should read more about suspected types' inferior, dom, aux and tert plus unhealthy behaviour and conflicts (technically, the whole "Function Theory" chapter from mbti-notes), because any turn would be in the small details now: the big elements point to INFP. I'm pretty sure it will be confirmed.
    Persona Maiden thanked this post.

  6. #5

    I think a lot of my confusion probably comes form having started with stereotyped information (back when I first started getting into function theory), and carryover from that, combine with worrying I've not read right into which functions my own observations line up with, or that I'm confusing my observations of a function with two functions working together, which I'd heard can look close.

    I've poured over the guides on MBTI-notes a few times, I'm a follower of them (and a few other blogs), and your right, it's very helpful, I feel like it helps me understand the functions better. I'm just not always good at knowing which one I'm looking at. XD As much as I struggle now, it was worse before I found function theory, I use to use the online tests, which I've come to dislike now,

  7. #6

    Definitely a Fi Type I would say, it's the N vs S I am tad unsure of I seem to lean on S more...



    Your thread is basically trying to tell us to pick this "Type" or this "Function", you are just telling us what you think you are while describing functions to yourself. This causes a lot of people to mistype

  8. #7

    It's the only way I know how to describe it. I felt good I was even able to get that far. I've gone over this in my head for a couple years. I'm open to suggestions though. How can I better describe it, or is there any questions I could answer that would help?

    I would also like to add, not only was I not trying to tell anyone what I thought I was, because even though I've given thought to nearly every type over the course I've been trying to do this, but I was trying to avoid it completely, because I wanted objective opinion. So I didn't list my type thoughts. I just tried to write out my thought processes as best I understood them, and listed them under what function I thought it would fall under.
    myjazz thanked this post.

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Persona Maiden View Post
    It's the only way I know how to describe it. I felt good I was even able to get that far. I've gone over this in my head for a couple years. I'm open to suggestions though. How can I better describe it, or is there any questions I could answer that would help?

    I would also like to add, not only was I not trying to tell anyone what I thought I was, because even though I've given thought to nearly every type over the course I've been trying to do this, but I was trying to avoid it completely, because I wanted objective opinion. So I didn't list my type thoughts. I just tried to write out my thought processes as best I understood them, and listed them under what function I thought it would fall under.
    That's the thing you been studying typology to long, even though you think you didn't put your own bias into what you said. You unconsciously and maybe consciously implanted your own assumption, this is what I was mentioned about how will affect most people in assisting in typing you.

    For instance your response to:
    Fe imply's you have Fi
    Ni imply's you have Ne
    Se imply's you have Si
    Ti imply's you have Te
    (and vice versa)


    Based on how you wrote the OP it seem's that you are putting your own idea of your Type into what you wrote making others become biased on your Type. Based on what you wrote it is almost as if your telling the people who read the OP that you are an INFP, since you are making the assumption to us that you are a Introvert and an Intuitive.

    When I read thru everything you say I get more of a picture of an Sensor.

    You mentioned before that you got rid of stereotypes but I see a lot of them in what you wrote. For instance it seems you are saying that only Intuitives can be creative , or that Si represents nostalgic moments.
    I know you are not trying to do this and I am not saying shame on you or anything.

    I would suggest taking something like Spades questionnaire, where your not stating how you feel you compare to the Functions.

    @Persona Maiden , would you be apposed if I tag someone in your thread that I am discussing in another thread that relates to this one. That the person in the other thread had some confusion as well. I will not be discussing the topics in this thread just a refernce point to help the other person see my point of view.
    If you don't want to I understand completely :)
    Last edited by myjazz; 05-15-2018 at 08:26 AM.

  10. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by myjazz View Post
    That's the thing you been studying typology to long, even though you think you didn't put your own bias into what you said. You unconsciously and maybe consciously implanted your own assumption, this is what I was mentioned about how will affect most people in assisting in typing you.
    I never said I had been studying it too long, I said I had been studying it for almost 3 years, if anything, I feel I haven't studied enough, because there are still many, many things I don't know. This is also off and on study as time would allow me.

    Quote Originally Posted by myjazz View Post
    For instance your response to:
    Fe imply's you have Fi
    Ni imply's you have Ne
    Se imply's you have Si
    Ti imply's you have Te
    (and vice versa)


    Based on how you wrote the OP it seem's that you are putting your own idea of your Type into what you wrote making others become biased on your Type. Based on what you wrote it is almost as if your telling the people who read the OP that you are an INFP, since you are making the assumption to us that you are a Introvert and an Intuitive.
    I find that an interesting assumption, because before writing this, I was under the assumption I was a Fe user, I had most been considering ISFJ. Had even been told I was by someone I had asked. But had only wondered to question after studying more on it, and deciding to reassess if I was focusing enough on my true thought processes. I wrote all this of based why I. I do things. I certainly, feel I use Ne/Si somewhere in my stack in some form, I don't and never have related to Se. Nor Ni/Se grip disruptions. But I didn't add that here, because I wanted honest opinions, and I was afraid that if I posted my opinions on it, it would influence others, view when they type, and I was trying to get an unbiased view, because I don't know if I'm missing anything. I have a tendency to doubt myself when things are things are abstract, because even though I feel my thought process might be coming from a specific function. When I read things telling me that some functions working together can mimic a single function, and that functions overlap. How do I figure out what is what? I also stated that I put them with the function that I thought it best matched, but I'm not an expert at MBTI or function theory, I don't even consider myself an intermediate at this point. So I knew I might be interpreting some of the functions to the wrong category. I answered the way I did to the questions for Ni/Se/Ti, because when because when I try to determine my though processes, I struggled to come up with anything I could even relate to these, especially Ni/Se. I've read actually user's descriptions of how they experience them, plus function descriptions on blobs, like MBTI-notes. I don't even understand it half the the time, let alone identify with it. Ti, I identify with a bit, but I have a harder time telling the feeling/thinking functions apart. So I never know if I'm confusing overlap on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by myjazz View Post
    When I read thru everything you say I get more of a picture of an Sensor.

    You mentioned before that you got rid of stereotypes but I see a lot of them in what you wrote. For instance it seems you are saying that only Intuitives can be creative , or that Si represents nostalgic moments.
    I know you are not trying to do this and I am not saying shame on you or anything.
    I never said I got rid of them, I said "I think a lot of my confusion probably comes form having started with stereotyped information" I'm still trying to get rid of them. I also never said only intuitives could be creative. I put it there, because it seemed the best fit for my thought process, I know lots of creative sensors.

    Quote Originally Posted by myjazz View Post
    I would suggest taking something like Spades questionnaire, where your not stating how you feel you compare to the Functions.

    @Persona Maiden , would you be apposed if I tag someone in your thread that I am discussing in another thread that relates to this one. That the person in the other thread had some confusion as well. I will not be discussing the topics in this thread just a refernce point to help the other person see my point of view.
    If you don't want to I understand completely :)
    I will try the questionnaire I post my answers here and see if it helps, it never hurts to have more information to work from. Thank you for the suggestion.

    I am curious though what about what I wrote make you think I'm a sensor, I would love to know this information, but you've not given it.

    Your welcome to, I don't mind if anyone else gets tagged, maybe it can help them.
    iNdependent thanked this post.

  11. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
    I have OCD and anxiety issues,though there not officially diagnosed. I'm female, in my early 30's. I would say my current state of mind is pretty clear, unless you count the OCD/anxiety. But I can discern my genuine thoughts and desires from the OCD ones, so I know when my ODC is driving it, like being afraid something bad would happen if I didn't repeat a task.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
    I don't have 15 posts yet, so I can't put links. (decided to just get the 15 posts, there was lots of fun stuff in the art section anyway, :D ) https://www.flickr.com/photos/151794...re-2018-05-14/ ,XD I noticed a lot of photos on animals, landscapes, smoke, and some guy, but this one caught my attention the most. I love sunsets, the colors are so deep a vivid in a really good sunset. makes me think of like nature's version of a painting pallet. The most vivid ones also give an amazing light cast in the sky on the lanscape, like some of the really pink ones I've seen in my area.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favorite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
    I probably wouldn't be at an event like this anyway, I've been to one concert in my whole life, lol. But if I were, It would probably depend on the situation. Is it day or night? If it was day, I'd probably just wait to see if anyone can fix it/and or ask if if anyone knows how, or if I'm with someone who I know knows how, ask them too, if they haven't already. If it's night, I would do the above, but more cautiously, because we don't where we are, who's around. Should we be worrying about a killer or a stalker? Is there wild animals around? I would be nervous for who ever is checking on the car, but would probably be staying in the car myself, unless someone was coming out with me. Because I wouldn't want to be putting myself in danger, especially, knowing all I could do was watch, because I know nothing about cars at all.



    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
    Depends who it is, Can I depend on them to keep their word? If so, I probably wouldn't care. Is this someone I know might be easily swayed to drink? Then I might be more nervous for everyone's safety. I'd ether, try to discourage them, telling them they have be sure they can drive safely, or ask if we have someone who can backup drive, just in case.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
    My inward reaction "Oh my gosh you are so wrong!" My outward reaction would very depending on who it was and what it was, if I could be frank with them, I might state my opinion. If this is someone who I think would be more touchy, I might just let it go, doesn't really affect me. I'm more like to give my opinion on a major issue though if it's someone I care about, and I think their opinion could be damaging to them.



    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
    It would depend on what it was, I'm pretty incline to stick to my beliefs, because I've already looked at at from a few points of view mostly likely. I would probably check why it clashes with it. Is it in context, is there evidence for it? Had I considered this possibility already? Usually one of the above works just fine, and I just as needed according to my view point. Weather that be adjust my view point, or throw out the information, if I feel it has no base according to the above. I would most of the time, it's the later, but it depends on what beliefs were talking about.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
    My absolutely most important value is my faith. I grew up with it, but I think I came to hold it, because everything else I explored made no sense to me from any standpoint be it facts or feeling, I have also found no concrete evidence to disprove it ether. Sure I can't prove it ether, but if I can't disprove it, who to say it can't be true. It's also a feeling too, like it just feels right, I can't explain any other way then that. I also highly value honesty, integrity, compassion, creativity, and nature. Those are just a natural thing for me, I can't imaging devaluing them, it's just...me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would its, be? Why?
    a); I think my quirkiness, I have my own tastes, and it probably is a lot different from what most people consider normal, like the way I view nature sometimes can be so different from most I think. I have a tenancy to relate things in nature to other things, like seeing the leaves on a tree moving in the wind like charms on bracelet. I'm also quirky about my eating, I love potato chips in my sandwiches. I put A1 sauce on my nachos, I like to cut my meat and mix it into mashed potatoes, etc. I love the flavor combos and textures of these together.
    b); My temper. When I get stressed, I have a horrid temple, and I hate it, I lash out at people close to me, even though I'm not usually mad at them.



    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
    I use to to be pretty in to listening to them when I got them, but now because of my anxiety, less so. I tend to feeling about nature, when it's going to storm for instance, before it has, usually by reading the environment. I sometimes get a sense if a package is going to arrive. I can tell when someone is sick, just be watching them. I can get a hunch on how people will act/what their going to say. I usually treat them more as a possibility rather then assuming they'll happen for sure.



    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
    a); Anything creative energizes me, as well as fantasy, getting new ideas on things to try (cooking/crafts/decorating/activities (though I rarely do any activities)/a new game, or feature in a game/trying new snacks)
    b); Fighting, socializing can go ether way, depending on how it went. I'm less drained if it was exciting/fun. Otherwise I'm usually bored, uninterested, can't wait to leave. I also tend to feel out of place in social settings, I don't feel like I fit in. I also do better one on one, then a group.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    My behavior, depends on where I am. I usually just sit still and listen to people, I'm more animated at home. I might be more outgoing if some is engaging like if there's something hands on, like an art project, or craft. I don't really repress my thought process, except I don't fantasize as much because a social environment is to distracting, too many people talking to, noise, etc. Which can be draining in it's self if I want to fantasize.

    There it is, hope it helps.


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help with typing, please? ["Yet Another Questionnaire"]
    By Reila in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-01-2017, 07:25 PM
  2. (MOSTLY short answers) Neeed help with typing. Please. ;(
    By blehBLEH in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 06:54 AM
  3. Help with typing please
    By LemurianOfMu in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 05:20 PM
  4. Help with Typing my Mom? Pretty Please?
    By QuirkyQ in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 06:58 PM
  5. Help With Typing, Please
    By HerSquirreliness in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 05:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:36 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0