Hi, maybe someone would like to help me. I have been under constant stress for 2 years and now I find it hard to recognise my type. Back then I didn't feel like myself and result of an mbti test (I didn't know what functions were) was an ENFP. Now result of the test is an INTP. I know it is a big change but I still don't know whether it fits me. I have some questions that I have answered, so maybe someone can actually figure it out. Really sorry for any mistakes but english is not my first language.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am quite emotional. I think that it is uncommon for INTPs to be emotional. I don't show these emotions to anyone exept for my closest friend but I still have them and my face is expressing something, not like a robot. Two years ago I was more emotional and I had tendency to just outburst those feelings.
And I don't think that I'm an ENFP. I'm not that happy like ENFPs tend to be. And I am rather objective than subjective.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for days when I was myself and I didn't act fake. When I was happiest by myself and I could really enjoy time alone. I still like it but now I am more attached to people.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I honestly can't answer this question. I was on therapy and I had serious problems. Now I don't really remember any day when I was at my finest, I was too long at my worst.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
I am shy. I try to be more open to people but I just can't. When I am at bad mood I don't want to talk to anyone.
Other thing is that I feel really stupid. When I feel down I can't come to any conclusions and it is really annoying. Sometimes I act before I think and when consequences hit me I feel like the stupidest human in the world. But friends tell me otherwise- that I am really intelligent.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I don't remember any important decisions but I think that firstly I collect my data about the topic, then I think what would happen if i chose one of the options. And I just decide whether the outcome satisfies me.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Now I am in high school and my projects are usually presentations in front of other students. So when I do one, I just like the presentation to be clear and interesting to others. I love to have control of the outcome and I do not really enjoy working in any group.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
The first thing that comes to my mind is when I was on a school trip and I decided to bond with some boys from my class. I loved it! We talked about science, past experience and politics and I don't really talk about it with my female friends.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Hmm, When I was learning to play a guitar I just looked how the chordes look like and I was terrible. After a year I decided to do some research and I found out that the whole time I was placing my hand wrong. So, I think that I just do things, then I do some research, hah.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I am super unorganized and it is driving me crazy sometimes. I just do nothing for the whole day and then the responsibility hits me and I do my homework at 11 pm. I would like to be organised because it would increase my efficiency but I can't... Too lazy to focus on some timetables.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
When I hear something from someone I usually just think about whether it makes sense and whether I have heard about something similar. If I am still not sure I just check it online on some reliable page. I usually do not trust information that people say in conversations. The majority was just read on some stupid Facebook page and almost no one checks if it is true.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I think that the first option is more like me. But the second does not sound stupid at all. I am like fifty fifty I would say. But I tend to absorb people emotions like sponge. It annoys me. I can't figure out what the person is feeling but it usually just makes me feel bad too. I just absorb this bad energy that is why I want everyone to be fine.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
When I was stressed I just did everything without thinking. Now I need some time to just process what I'd like to say. But it is still not too much time. My friend isfp tends to think muuuch more than I before speaking and I often say something and then just bite my tounge. I prefer one-on-one conversations because when a group talks everyone is shouting and we can't come to any conclusion.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I am really spontaneous. I don't like planning and I often act without thinking (unfortunately). I think that words speak more. I honestly can't figure out what people behaviour means (but I'm trying to) and usually I take it personally, for example when someone shouts at me I think that I have done something wrong but usually I am not the matter of their problems. When someone says to me that they love me I know for sure that they mean it (When I'm trusting this person of course)
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If this show is only today I would stay and watch the show but there's nothing wrong with going out with close friends.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I overthink even when I'm not stressed but when I am stressed I overthink muuuuch more. I tend to be really closed and quiet. I can control my emotions but when I am alone they just outburst.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I hate people that are closed-minded. I just can't stand them. And I don't like when someone is too emotional, can't control their emotions and just shout at everyone.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yeah, usually my intrests and "hard topics" as some might say. Thing like politics, science or maybe interpretations of poetry, the meaning behind everything. That's why I can't make friends :P I don't like talking about weather or something.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Tradition and social norms. I don't like them.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They think that I am outgoing just because I can arrange some random conversation with acquaintances. I cannot talk to the person I don't know and I cannot open up so I am not so open and outgoing as they think. They often perceive me as intelligent and weird (but they still like me). I often do some random things that just pop in my mind and say some disturbing things. They often look at me weirdly and laugh awkwardly. I just don't realise this things are so disturbing. And they say that I can sometimes be rude but I don't do it on purpose.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I usually just do physics and maths and just read comics by my own. I also like playing board games with my family and friends. Maybe I would watch some TV show or a movie.