1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
- I am an 18 year old male, who is going through a bit of a rough patch in his life with school, family, and various relationship problems. But, I still have my basic "core" intact.
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
-I loved both images.
Image 1- A picture of a beach with an aurora and a beautiful evening sky with stars, and a beach shown. It was simply a stunning sight. It has everything in it, yet it was missing a major thing- people. The picture would be 10 times better if it showed a person, or a group, having fun, the picture came off a bit lonely.
-Image 2- A picture of a woman eating like a croissant on a table with a mug and a purple ball. Even though the head was not shown, I know it was a woman because....the breasts were a focal point of this pic. I like this pic because it drew me in- (maybe because I was slightly aroused lmao sorry) I felt romantic/nostolgic vibes like I was in a busy coffee shop with this girl that was dating me, and I imagined we were near the ocean. The lighting and color of this picture made me feel like that, it felt like a memory.
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
- If I were to be brutally honest, these are qualities I see in myself (but I AM biased because I am myself)-
I am eager to make you like me, so I might come off as awkward. If no stimulation is going on, if I am at a desk job, I will be found visualizing/thinking interactions with people- it maybe an exact replay of a past interaction, future interactions, and maybe visualizations of what it would be like to have good friends/ gf. Kinda like a video replay. But this only happens when nothing is stimulating in front of me. I am a good people reader, and will get hunches/vibes from everyone that I am confident is correct during conversation/just by looking at them. Lastly, if its something I love, I will work hard and do it, like really hard. But it has to be a worthwhile result, something that I love. I might be restless if left too long in one place, and will seek new scenery after some boredom.
4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
- I would like to be a charismatic, funny, energetic, smart, good looking, respectable, confident guy. Like a typical frat boy, but mix in a lot of discipline and morals. I love having fun and the idea of fun, but I also need to have some form of structure at the end of the day to be truly happy- I need to follow a diet and workout plan to feel not guilty and proud of myself rn.
- I would not want to be an anxious, depressed, beta (forgive me, but I meant what I said), weak, and have a bad outlook on life with no friends. I need to have those experiences in life which are fun, and people, whether you like it or not, bias their opinion on you a lot based on looks and body lang.
5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
-Well, for the past 2 years I have had social anxiety because I had 2 best friends, but then they became "cool" and ditched me and I felt insecure and tried to be cool, and overtime just lost confidence in myself and in social interactions. So this question will be a bit biased, but I will answer it.
- I think people in general think I am rather dumb, undisciplined, depressed, boring, etc.
- Internally, I crave those crazy, bonding experiences with friends and a friend group who is fun. But over time, I just lost myself, and literally do not know what to talk about with other people. I mean, I would rather do an activity with people than sit around and talk, but at the same time I love deep conversations with people. So its hard to find people who are like that to break the ice. People will never know what goes on inside my head- the various things I gathered from the day, my hunches, my inner thoughts; there is no place or time to express them unless its with a close friend or we r having a deep convo. I would love to express my thoughts, but i have an issue- when I try to explain suppose a hunch about someone, it comes off so disorganized and stupid sounding that the other person thinks I am blindly judging, when I know I am right but have trouble explaining step by step. They might see glimpses of my discipline in the form of over researching fitness and dieting strictly, but in school and in life I am disorganized and thats what people mostly judge me off of.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
- The most things I find in life important to be genuine, to have fun, and to do what you love and having meaning. These are the fundamentals. You will go crazy if you keep trying to be someone who you are not, you need to have fun because we only have one life and we need to enjoy it to its max, which cannot be accomplished without the help of meaning....doing something you love that will benefit others. There are many sub-catagories, but to me, these values reign king. (I didnt do the test sorry)
7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
- A constant with any new situation with me is curiosity- if i go to a new school, I get excited because its a new school, new people, new building, maybe things will turn out great and I will meet people with similar interests and we will have fun and sleepovers and maybe i will get a gf who is fun and awsome..or maybe not lol...But change in general makes me miss the thing in my life I am leaving behind a lot, but that does not change the fact that new situations excite me and I always tend to exxagerate how awsome things will turn out....recently I am trying to be more realistic. Like if I go to someone's house who is new, I get anxious and nervous, but excited at the thought of novelty.
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
- Well, recently I have been really stressed about homework..when it happens on the overload level it may manifest in various ways depending on how extreme- I just give up and cannot push through and binge on my phone fully aware I have work and I will fail in the future test if i dont study...and now, in extreme cases, I cry, pinpoint every flaw I have been cursed on- my body,Face, unlucky moments that "would only happen to me", my parents, my brother, I can make a mindmap of how my life is screwed up and just call out the world for cursing me, only me, like this.
9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
-I used to have really good times playing xbox with friends- Call of Duty zombies. It was a huge map, with so many different ways to go and so many things to look at, and the game is so addicting- you travel a world in which only you and your friends exist, and you have kickass guns and shoot zombies. me and my friends would play that game all night, having sleepovers and eating junk food. I would say Call of duty Bo2 was the most fun thing in my life so far, but I had to stop because it drains my motivations and dopamine and kinda made me a tiny it addicted. But the game is amazing, kudos to whoever made it. But, one thing to add is it was most fun when us freinds played and talked over a mic, and you can have adventurnes....ahh im ranting ill stop.
10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
-One on one- I need one on one conversations to be deep. Or else it gets boring for me. Either we do an activity together and just mess around, or talk about each others lives.
-Group Interaction- having fun, shitalking, messing around, etc. But sometimes I feel lonely in groups, my voice does not get heard and gets dominated by other people, never the less is pretty fun.
11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
-I like to participate in the culture thats going on- if its christmas, even though I do not celebrete christimas, I like to join in and be part of the culture. I think for people as a whole, each one of us has a story and needs and while peoples actions might tell you something, their reasoning might be justified for them. But that does not change the fact I need fun people in my life who are like me and love me.
12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
- I think authority is necassary, and although I hate being bossed around, I ackonlwedge that I hate being the leader, and someone needs to lead something or the other. I tend to be skeptical of other leaders, unless its a group project- I am too lazy to put in effort so I want someone to plan it out and assign something to me, and ill happily take it.
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
-I need order in my life to thrive. Not like a fully strucrued thing, but I need a predictable activity I can build on everyday thats fun and social and I can look forward to. I usually play sports after school, and I used to play video games after school. Every day at the same time. Other than basic structure, I hate being controlled and like to do what i feel like.
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
- Right now, i fear I will have no friends, and also that I will just be an ordinary person. It manifested when I got really insecure about myself after everyone around me got favored except me, and I lost confidence. I want to be someone who when someone looks at, will be amazed and be attracted (mentally and physcially) and be curious about me. I also fear I will never find my passion that pays well, as I have yet to find something I love doing yet need something like that to thrive.
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
- I want to be a person who has a lot of fun, who has people around who love him, and who found his passion that somehow has a greater meaning and persued it. I am influenced by shows and people really easily, and the people who inspired me the most were the funny, popular, charismatic men and if hooked on to a show, will imitate the character a bit. I also gather in the ideas the show represents- after I watches friends or HIMYUM, i wanted my life to be like that- in a city with friends and searching for love. I think I was largely influences by TV shows.
16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
--I love anyting that involves creativity- whether its building a model dam to stop water from flowing into a plant (science lab) or painting a picture, the most prefered form is building something with my hands that has a concrete purpose and I have the freedomd to try any idea that comes to mind to solve the issue it is meant to solve. Activities I enjoy are building stuff (I read a book about an archer, a built 3 bows and arrows the next day), painting and the like.
--Draining- ok 2 things that i noticed that drain me- too much concrentration on any one thing for too long. Homework and anything that needs me to do something with strict concrentrion for long periods of time (like this questionaire) and too much socializaing- i think its mainy stems from my anxiety in social situation tho, but the key is TOO much, as I love socializing but it drains me oh god if i do it for too long.
17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
- I have been told I am an ENFP, and also I heard ESFP and many others and could not really tell which type I am. One thing is I relate to inferior Si, but I also relate to having a Lead Se, but my knowledge on applying functions to my life is 0, so I want to know my type so I can self improve and also, have fun on PC <3
18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you
-Well, I know for a fact that personality develops over one's life, but I still feel the same as I was a child, except im more smarter maature etc. Like all the activites I did as a child, has the same appeal to me now, so i think its useful to talk about me as a child. My main hobby was playing with dinosaur toys and actions figures, and making them fight with an insane amount of imagination. Like I could visualize fire and explosions coming out of a dino's mouth, and blood and energy balls etc etc. The fights had plots, but I was inspired by shows like Dragon Ball Z and naruto and channelled that into my toy play, and each toy to me was so important and exciting.. I also loved drawing dragons and doing crafts. I also played sports, and socialized a lot with ease. I loved attention, and still do.