What is my type? (between ENFJ, ISFP, ENFP, ESFP)

What is my type? (between ENFJ, ISFP, ENFP, ESFP)

View Poll Results: Which Type Do You Think I Am?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • ISFP

    2 50.00%
  • ENFP

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    2 50.00%
Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Results 1 to 10 of 10

This is a discussion on What is my type? (between ENFJ, ISFP, ENFP, ESFP) within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; Hey, so I have had plenty of trouble narrowing down my type, and have been into typology for quite a ...

  1. #1

    What is my type? (between ENFJ, ISFP, ENFP, ESFP)

    Hey, so I have had plenty of trouble narrowing down my type, and have been into typology for quite a while. I cannot recognize which functions I use as a dominant one, so I played the narrowing down game and cancelled out the obvious ones. I am def not a thinker, Si, or Ni dom for sure. But, I do know I am an Enneagram 7. So lets get into it!

    Overall Hobbies
    -I am in love with a sport (not gonna mention for reasons lel), and play every day after school and love the practice and the feeling of satisfaction and purpose after a good training session. I have a dream of becoming a pro, and actually watch a lot of the sport, weight train, read articles on nutrition on fitness a lot.
    -I read fiction, and like getting cozy with a book. i like fantasy a lot.
    -I am in a period of a bit of lonlieness, so I got hooked onto How I met your mother, and friends, big bang theory that kinda helps me fill my daily "social glass", makes me feel like I have friends, and also lets me feel comfort in the fact that thats possible in the future and I could have a life like that.
    -I used to be obsessed with gaming- mainly Call of Duty and other games, love playing with friends and having a team and shooting up zombies together and winning games and getting better and showing off.
    -Every Friday, I watch a movie after training and going home, and every weekend I hang out with friends.

    Social Life and Interactions (mainly at school)-
    -Well, I have one BEST friend who I am with 24 7, we are constantly talking about nonsense and our wavelengths of humor are so similar, we literally can make each laugh so much. After him, I made a good friend in drama, I love drama because I get to make random nonsensical skits and make the class laugh. I do have a lot of acquaintances, but not close with anyone except 2 people. And I would rather hang out with 2 people than 5 people who im not close with.
    -I realized, I kinda rely on my brother for social interaction. We have some family friends who are of his age, and when they come over I kinda j chill with them and 4rth wheel, but hey, its still really fun.
    -I have heavily conscious of whether or not people are looking at me, how I look, if I come off as cool or not, what I say, I have a need not only to be accepted, but be known as cool and awsome, which does cause social anxiety sometimes

    Inner world-
    -When talking to people, what they say and how they said it can trigger a series of "gut feelings" in my that is basically- "A shitload of info that can be put in words properly given time, but doesnt need to because i know what it means"....like I am confident in them because I can put 2 and 2 together. Like I can tell when someone is being fake, and when I try explaing it to my friend why I think so, I come off as so judgmental and what I say doesnt make sense, but in my head I know it makes sense, i cant explain it.
    -Although I do not have a crush rn, one thing that is characteristic of me is that when I crush, I crush hard. When I am in the car or listening to a love song, they come to my mind. I imagine scenarios with them, like romantic scenarios and conversations and their perceptions of me and stuff, and when I do see them in real life, I end up avoiding them. I cannot bring myself to talk to them. But I love their presence a lot, and feel a bit depressed when the class is over and I end up fantasizing the next period and rant to my friend, who got tired of this bs long ago
    -After social interactions and stuff, I end up imagining "mental videos"- replays, maybe what I could have said, how it went, etc etc.
    -I feel vibes strongly- I realized this when I went through a period of numbness- I remembered each song, each room, each moment had a distinct vibe to it. A rainy night in a certain city, riding in the car looking at the road, bars, and stuff, had distinct homy, romantic vibe.
    -I see responsibilites as a chore, but are of utmost importance. Although i manage school, if my grades are below an A (i know, eeww), I get freaked out and I need to bring it up. I cannot explain, but grades are just something that I need to keep high. Whenever I do homework or go to school, I have an anxious moments where I worry if I forgot something, and sometimes I do, and feel unprepared and anxious.
    What I suck at
    -I hate the sheer amount of homework we get, 7 periods a day is way to stimulating, and I procrastinate so much at home and binge shows, youtube, and askreddit. If I have extra time, I tell myself "I will take me well needed break now, and work tomorow" like I know I am repeating a mistake I did in the past, but I have a confidence that I will get it done. But I dont, and its the exact same thing over and over again.

    -Because I am always stressed about homework, I cant enjoy life- I want to watch shows and learn from them about how to make friends and just expose myself to the possibilites a youngster like me can have in the world, and workout and diet and explore hobbies for enjoyment, but I have no time to do these, and do not feel like I deserve to do these, unless I do my hw.


    -I have always felt like I was picked out, and given inferiorities. Dont get me wrong, I am not bad looking, but more like I am the leader of the underdogs. I barely miss the cut for the "cool kids" if you know what I mean. I have 2 best friends- both gifted in looks, smarts...well the are rare specimens. I never once felt happy for them, just jealous. I am insecure of all the attention they get, and how even if I work hard I will never reach what they were born with. This created social anxiety that built up over time, feeling inferior and feeling like I needed to prove my superiority or something.

    -I am too lazy to be organized, desire control over my life while also seeing it as tedious and boring.

    -I give up at the face of hardship. Like if I had an assignment due in 30 minutes and could finish if I pushed really hard, I dont. Others would push through and concentrete and feel victorious after, I jus accept defeat. Even with depressive episodes or something bad happening in my life, I cant fight back, but instead need time to wallow in my feelings.


    -Also, one thing I realized, I suck at aurguments. I cannot think clearly, and when someone says something sometimes I have a flash in my mind that I know will f*** their aurgument up, but forget mid sentence because I am constantly taking in input, processing it, thinking abut what I will say, and its too much for me. Often after the arugment is when I have the perfect counter reply in my head when I go over (video replays) of what they said.

    -I care too much about what people think of me. Even before social anxiety, I was really aware of people and where their attention was and loved to show off and stuff.


    Those were just some things that if I think back, and some were brought up recently, these are some weaknesses I see in myself.



  2. #2

    Those types are so different from one another you might as well go take some more tests and read up on MBTI some more.

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl28 View Post
    Those types are so different from one another you might as well go take some more tests and read up on MBTI some more.
    hmm I did though, I now am sure I do not have Ne, so I can cross out ENFP. But still, I have trouble finding out what my dom function is. I am not joking when I say I am an MBTI addict, and in a span of 5 months I mistyped so many times and I realized I am not the best judge of myself.

    So can you just take a peak at my work above and tell me what you think I am?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    ESTP

    ISFP zero doubts based on this alone:

    -Also, one thing I realized, I suck at aurguments. I cannot think clearly, and when someone says something sometimes I have a flash in my mind that I know will f*** their aurgument up, but forget mid sentence because I am constantly taking in input, processing it, thinking abut what I will say, and its too much for me. Often after the arugment is when I have the perfect counter reply in my head when I go over (video replays) of what they said.
    Because ISFP is the only type out of those above that has Te as the very last function. That wording is Te-like.

    Additionally you sound like an ISFP I talked to a lot in the past because they loved drama class, too, and other things.

    And the other types you listed would be forthcoming about the sport they do, not hide it.

  6. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecchi View Post
    ISFP zero doubts based on this alone:


    Because ISFP is the only type out of those above that has Te as the very last function. That wording is Te-like.

    Additionally you sound like an ISFP I talked to a lot in the past because they loved drama class, too, and other things.

    And the other types you listed would be forthcoming about the sport they do, not hide it.
    haha the only reason I hid it is because its badminton; its not that popular in the US and I got tired of explaining to people that its a sport and on the olympics haha, but anyway yeah, did anything else I say stand out as ISFP? like except that one thing about the thinking...I just want a better picture in my mind..and also because the thinking thing was something I noticed recently, when I started getting into aurgments a lot...like overall why would you say im ESFP
    Last edited by The Big S; 12-19-2018 at 10:22 PM.

  7. #6
    ESTP

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueUnicorn View Post
    haha the only reason I hid it is because its badminton; its not that popular in the US and I got tired of explaining to people that its a sport and on the olympics haha, but anyway yeah, did anything else I say stand out as ISFP? like except that one thing about the thinking...I just want a better picture in my mind
    Yes, this:

    I do have a lot of acquaintances, but not close with anyone except 2 people. And I would rather hang out with 2 people than 5 people who im not close with.
    ISFP's first function is Fi. Fi cares greatly about others relating to them, rather than them trying things for the sake of others.

    ISFP's second function is Se. Se likes physical activity the most out of any function.



    And I see you're asking about ESFP after editing your post. I said you're ISFP.

  8. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecchi View Post
    Yes, this:


    ISFP's first function is Fi. Fi cares greatly about others relating to them, rather than them trying things for the sake of others.

    ISFP's second function is Se. Se likes physical activity the most out of any function.



    And I see you're asking about ESFP after editing your post. I said you're ISFP.
    hmmm yeah that makes a lot of sense!

  9. #8
    ESTP

    That's the big difference between ESFP and ISFP.

    ESFP is content with acquaintances, because they prioritize fresh sensory experiences. (Se)
    ISFP is content with close friends, because they prioritize closeness. (Fi)

    They have Se and Fi in opposite orders.

  10. #9
    Unknown

    I am way too competitive when playing Badminton. The most hardcore sport that ever was!!

    Anyway, You do sound XSFP. I see some of the stereotypical inferior Te focusing.

    If your still stuck on the Se/Ne divide, here is a good post by psychopomp that really brings out the difference.

  11. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Pastelle View Post
    I am way too competitive when playing Badminton. The most hardcore sport that ever was!!

    Anyway, You do sound XSFP. I see some of the stereotypical inferior Te focusing.

    If your still stuck on the Se/Ne divide, here is a good post by psychopomp that really brings out the difference.
    I know!! Its the fastest raquet sport, literally anyone can google it if they want to, yet the USA ruined its reputation here haha. But yeah, I loved training and playing tournaments, I wanted to go pro but went through some life changes that prevented me


     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-31-2019, 02:03 PM
  2. [ENFP] What age do ENFPs start developing tertiary Te? What is it like for an ENFP?
    By JaguarPap in forum ENFP Forum - The Inspirers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2018, 06:54 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2018, 06:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0