Type me, I want your opinion, please - Page 2

Type me, I want your opinion, please

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
Thank Tree10Thanks

This is a discussion on Type me, I want your opinion, please within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; Originally Posted by Shikileaf Oh yeah, I didn't reply properly, thanks for letting me know. I think the answer is ...

  1. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Shikileaf View Post
    Oh yeah, I didn't reply properly, thanks for letting me know. I think the answer is knowing that everyone is doing fine and belonging to the group.
    You're welcome and thanks !
    Hmmm, xxFP is the most I would confirm. Overall INFP still is what I end up to, but your reply to Q11 bug me a bit. Could you elaborate on the reasons for choosing this reply ?
    Thanks.
    Shikileaf thanked this post.

  2. #12

    I'm certainly no pro. I would suggest learning the functions and their poles which is fundamental to the theory. I will try.

    By your own admission, you've said that you're not sure about the T/F or J/P preference. What did you settle on for I/E or especially S/N?

    Personally I'm thinking IxFJ. There seems to be strong Fe, but it's not too much stronger than Ti because of the desire for things to "make sense" or be "logical." Then it's about determining if the Ni/Se is really out of whack or Si/Ne. I find this distinction hard with internally focused primary/first functions because the externally facing one is inferior. Usually this is figured out by a "I don't see this, therefore it's that" type process of elimination.

    I hate to try and define functions because they mean different things to all of us which is part of the problem with Cognitive Theory, MBTI and it's ilk. "Ne" may be defined by psychological freedom where objects are symbols rather than what they physically are in our space which would be "Se". Ne may be time-malleable while Se is in the present. As far as Si or Ni, I've happened across descriptions that Ni is low-res/low-fi memory while Si is high-def memory. Ni narrows outcomes where Si is the lasting impression of an outcome or event.

    Realistically what type you are, or any of us might be is moot if the goal is self-actualization and harmonious interpersonal relationships. Even being mistyped can help us discover more about ourselves and the people around us.

  3. #13
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Noyau Obscur View Post
    You're welcome and thanks !
    Hmmm, xxFP is the most I would confirm. Overall INFP still is what I end up to, but your reply to Q11 bug me a bit. Could you elaborate on the reasons for choosing this reply ?
    Thanks.
    I think it can be due my anxiety. It is hard to be myself and do what I believe because I have fear of confrontation, I believe this can lead me to have Fe attitudes when I am with other people, but I also care about other people emotions, if they are happy in the group... I think this is normal at some point. But while writhing this I felt that fall perfectly in the EII description in Socionics, that is the INFP in mbti.

    Quote Originally Posted by KorpzPheiding View Post
    I'm certainly no pro. I would suggest learning the functions and their poles which is fundamental to the theory. I will try.

    By your own admission, you've said that you're not sure about the T/F or J/P preference. What did you settle on for I/E or especially S/N?

    Personally I'm thinking IxFJ. There seems to be strong Fe, but it's not too much stronger than Ti because of the desire for things to "make sense" or be "logical." Then it's about determining if the Ni/Se is really out of whack or Si/Ne. I find this distinction hard with internally focused primary/first functions because the externally facing one is inferior. Usually this is figured out by a "I don't see this, therefore it's that" type process of elimination.

    I hate to try and define functions because they mean different things to all of us which is part of the problem with Cognitive Theory, MBTI and it's ilk. "Ne" may be defined by psychological freedom where objects are symbols rather than what they physically are in our space which would be "Se". Ne may be time-malleable while Se is in the present. As far as Si or Ni, I've happened across descriptions that Ni is low-res/low-fi memory while Si is high-def memory. Ni narrows outcomes where Si is the lasting impression of an outcome or event.

    Realistically what type you are, or any of us might be is moot if the goal is self-actualization and harmonious interpersonal relationships. Even being mistyped can help us discover more about ourselves and the people around us.
    Oh yeah, I understand your vision about the cognitive functions. I think that they make sense at certain point, but I, personally, don't believe in the traditional stacking. I think that following only the four letters dichotomy makes more sense and is more reliable. About I/E and S/N, I am , for sure, introverted. I think that I am N because of my tests results.
    Last edited by Shikileaf; 07-23-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    KorpzPheiding thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Shikileaf View Post
    I think it can be due my anxiety. It is hard to be myself and do what I believe because I have fear of confrontation, I believe this can lead me to have Fe attitudes when I am with other people, but I also care about other people emotions, if they are happy in the group... I think this is normal at some point. But while writhing this I felt that fall perfectly in the EII description in Socionics, that is the INFP in mbti.



    Oh yeah, I understand your vision about the cognitive functions. I think that they make sense at certain point, but I, personally, don't believe in the traditional stacking. I think that following only the four letters dichotomy makes more sense and is more reliable. About I/E and S/N, I am , for sure, introverted. I think that I am N because of my tests results.
    To make INFP work it would be that you personally value having no emotional/subjective affect on the group as a way to maintain sense of self. I don't know anything about Socionics. It seems social anxiety was being read as Fe in this thread.

    I agree that traditional stacking doesn't work in application... and so do a lot of other people if we're doing different models of the same functions or are people getting behind those who have come up with other ways of stacking functions.
    Shikileaf thanked this post.

  6. #15
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by KorpzPheiding View Post
    To make INFP work it would be that you personally value having no emotional/subjective affect on the group as a way to maintain sense of self. I don't know anything about Socionics. It seems social anxiety was being read as Fe in this thread.

    I agree that traditional stacking doesn't work in application... and so do a lot of other people if we're doing different models of the same functions or are people getting behind those who have come up with other ways of stacking functions.
    Thanks for the help. I think that it is better to forget about the cognitive functions in my case and just accept that I am ambivalent in the F/T and J/P preferences, makes much more sense and is open for more complexity in my sense of personality. Like, I just did a test and I got 50% of preference for P and 50% for J, and I really feel that this result is correct. I also got 55% for F and 45% fo T. And you are correct, I believe that my anxiety really makes me have Fe tendencies, but I think that if I didn't have the anxiety, I would express more Fe in the majority of the situations, so I am unsure if I value Fi.

  7. #16

    Anxiety, if of specific occurrence, can indeed muddle the functions expression. So what seems inclination for Feeling in extraverted direction could instead be a very specific display, out of temporary necessity.
    Though if part of long term display (since early childhood to adulthood) I would said it is a function being part of the type you are.

    In the end you are the one best placed to pinpoint your natural inclinations on used cognitive functions, and which model to use for typing yourself.

    Again, good luck in your typing search !
    Shikileaf thanked this post.

  8. #17
    ESTP

    Quote Originally Posted by Shikileaf View Post
    Normally I get INFP, INFJ and INTJ. I always stay in the middle in the J, P, F and T preference.
    Can type you easy in voice call

  9. #18

    My first guess was INFJ. Just like others I was more confident in typing you as F than as N. Friends say that you are smart and you are apparently able to make desicions that are logical and rational. But it is important for you not to push others and make sure that they are ok with your decisions. Belonging, inclusion and group harmony is one of your most important values, is there something you value even more? You claim that you felt at your finest when studying. Is there any particular moment when you felt extremely well, because of belonging/inclusion? Maybe you wish to experience moments of high intensity related to belonging, maybe you just want to avoid lows.

    As for J/P, this one is tough, because society pushes us towards J. So far scheduling gives more weight to J, because you do it voluntarily.


     
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Can you give me your opinion on my type from this test please
    By Chris123 in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2018, 05:49 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2017, 01:53 PM
  3. [INTP] Your opinion on books, your opinion on suicide
    By merlin89 in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-22-2015, 06:05 PM
  4. [ISFP] FELLOW ISFP's I NEED YOUR HELP! Please give me your opinion! :3 Thank you
    By Tiasie in forum ISFP Forum - The Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 10:07 AM
  5. [INFJ] Can someone please confirm to me that I am in fact quite lucid and give me an opinion
    By Ramona77 in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 04:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:04 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0