1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
pretty sure i suffer from depression, its on and off though. state of mind? Fresh, I just woke up and less tired than yesterday when i did this the first time, but still... tired some how. im sure of my type, but im curious as to what i'll get typed as.
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
the aurora picture, there is a lot for my mind to do with it, the first is the colors, I have a nice monitor and they are very vibrant. Secondly. I see the wves and I think of how the phsyics behind them work. I think of wave power. Which turns into hydroelectric power as a whole. The renewable energy. Then nuclear energy. I look at the aurora itself and I think about how that is created with the sun interacting with our magnetic field surrounding the earth, and form there it can do onto the topic of electromagnetism in general or into space itself, and wondering if us humans will ever manage to start colonizing other planets. I then think of the show. “the expanse” some star trek.
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
hmm, reclusive. Shy, dont talk to people on my own. Unless I already know them. Then I dont shut up. I can be witty. Usually N types are needed for this to work but I can tease and play with some S types as well. It just takes more effort. Why am I like this? I just am, I im always searching for answers in my head, and I regularly update old knowledge that can be years old with something I just realized... years later.
4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
im going to say... successful? This is kind of subjective and very reliant on the metric used for success. hm. I guess aim to be the best version of me I can be, im still working on the details on that exactly that is. Happier for sure. Actualize more of my ideas for creativity.
What kind of person dont I want to be? Like my parents. (abandonment issues).
5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
hmm, I can be quite airheaded, people tend to think im rather...dull at times as well. Particularly at work since I tend to not be paying attention. But I think this is the result of my working with nothing but sensors, and I cant focus well anymore. (most likely the result of an anyrism I had years ago, I was never able to confirm if thats happened though) work can also be frustrating because I can see a solution that noone else can and I cant explain it for crap. So I try, fail at it. Watch the flail around with a problem for awhile before they finally get around what I said to do 10 minutes ago.
however, once I get onto a topic ive given much thought I think it surprises people quite a bit at the sudden change, and people can get quite drawn into my ideas as well. (especially if the idea is in the field they are in, most of the time its engineering topics these days, so mechanical engineers/mechanics), this can be other things as well, philosophy/ideas/ psychology, I meet an intj about 4 months ago ive become good friends with based around this topic and many others. I can be an endless library of knowledge and thoughts ive had over long peroids of time, I tend to solve issues in my head I ask myself, and when someone else comes across that problem. Ill have an answer for it. I cant think of any examples of this off the top of my head sadly. It would have to be an in the moment kind of thing.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
hmm, took years to realize this, but family/friends. At the end of the day that is all that matters, im really bad at maintaining my connection with them, and refer to previous statement of abandonment. You can have all the money in the world but it doesnt matter if you dont have good relationships with people. This goes for many of the things people pursue in a futile attempt to be happy.
Id also like to get better at realizing other peoples needs, im really bad at it.
7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
almost always anxious. I cant think of any particular situation right now, but im always hesitant with new people/relationships in my life. They usually undergo a time of observation.
The only new situations I can think of right now are things like, a new job, school change. And any kind of new relationships. Theother thing I can think of is moving, some trepidation but that is normal.
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
usually freaking out in my head while I try and find a way to solve it/ get through it. I tend to go through quite a bit to prevent a situation like that from arising, ive gotten to be a lot more risk averse in the past couple of years. Unless im confident in my idea. In which case, a calculated risk is no risk at all.
9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
im honestly cant recall many (read lifelong depression issues) for the most part I try an enjoy them as much as I can as long as I can, but part of my mind is constantly trying to turn it negative.
10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
im not a fan of large groups, I tend to quickly end up being the weird/strange one. I much prefer 1 on 1 interaction. I can also go a very long time without much of it. I recently got rid of my best friend of 10 years once I realized they were not a good person for me to be around, about 4-5 months later (with minimal social contact outside of some with coworkers and family) I found my new friend, shes an INTJ and that has been going well.
I used to want to be the center of attention when I was a lot younger , and I can do it for awhile, my eccentric nature and different way of looking at things can pull people towards me, and if I play along with it, they keep coming to me and I can have a lot of fun, but after awhile I just burn out and cant, and then ill stop talking to anyone for weeks or months on end and the relationship is dead by the time I come back.
11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I have little respect for social norms. Ive been on the shit end of the stick to many times for me to care about it, what the masses like is very typically not whats best. Values? Society can have some fucked up values, ill use my own. Thanks.
Customs. Interesting. Since this has changed a lot, some are necessary to help move things along. Ive learned as ive gotten older to just be “more agreeable” when interacting. It seems to help. Especially on pointless topics I dont care about.
Traditions. Now this is an interesting one, I bounced the idea around before about “rites of passage” I speculated that a large part of why people are “sexually confused” is because any metric for what makes you a “man or woman” is now gone. And as annoying as traditional gender roles may have been. (for both sexes in their own ways) they atleast granted a sense of who you are, which after listening to a lot of the modern gender roles/politics. Appears to be what people are missing in their lives and are quite confused about. This idea needs some testing. And the idea itself has a lot more to it, but for the sake of me not writing an essay for a question response i'll leave it at that.
People as a whole? Sad. People are way more divided than they should be, stuck on pety little things rather than just moving past them working towards more important goals.
12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
titles don't mean anything to me, I don't inherently respect someones opinion just because they have a title. If its in a matter of debate. I only care about their logic/ reasoning onto how they think that is true. My perception of authority is entirely dependent on the kind of leader/authority figure they are.
How im going to deal with it is going to be dependent on what kind of leader they are. I can stay in a job with a boss I hate for a long time, and for awhile even try to win their approval. And even if they are a overbearing/incompetent I will typically not act up. Ill do what needs to be done and avoid them. If that isnt an option, find work elsewhere. I learned the hard way its not worth fighting them. I'm am very happy that my bosses right now are easy to work with.
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I tend to walk a fine line between the two. I can appreciate the aspects of both, but I want balance. To much of one or the other is miserable to deal with.
Order? - Structure, security, but stiffling.
Chaos? - Freedom. To do what I want, and not have overbearing control.
How do they manifest? My home is consistently messy, but Im the more organized one with my coworker (estp, someone please save me.) and will stay on top of things making things are moving along and plan things.
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
hmm. Being alone/unwanted. I think this has been explained a bit above. Even though I fear it. Ive refused to let shitty people in my life. That is part of why my best friend of 10 years is no longer in my life.
Ive already answered why, abandonment issues.
Im very cautious with people, ive gotten better at letting my guard down in regards to them.
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
to figure out my desire :P
right now I have projects im trying achieve. Mostly engineering related/mechanical. I like to break the rules and do things way different to prove that it can work. I think it stems from being told ALOT by my dad growing up (istj) that it “cant work that way, its impractical. Why? (insert ISTJ stereotypes)” I hate limits being placed on me, and I tend to rebel against it. Someone tells me I cant do something, im gonna do it. (unless its illegal/obviously not going to work. Insert common sense) I don't know if I have a particular inspiration on this one.
16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
talking to people I can actually connect with, and talking about all the random things I have been thinking of. I can talk to my intj friend for hours abut topics like psychology, philosophy, death, life. Love etc. and the meaning behind all those things.
monotony. Kill me... when I first started my current job the monotony im some ways was grounding and relaxing and helped me reconnect with my surroundings after being in my head for several months at that point. plus I was getting to learn how to do new things. (it was lots of hands one work which im bad at and I was being show lots of new things.) but I couldn't keep doing it forever, luckily my current occupation within my job lets me move about rather independently so I can choose how, when, and how to do the work
17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I know my type. Im curious as to what I will get type as. But when I first started. It was about a journey to better understanding myself. Which still hasnt ended.
Telling you what type I am would be giving the answer away. :)
I think its obvious im a type 6. atleast that is what I have settled on.
For the record, im asking what people think my type is so I can gain a new perspective. And see how it aligns with what I think I am.
18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
im obviously an N type. Dont look at my “engineering/mechanical ideas and projects as a clue to S. I can put myself next to ANY s type, and its obvious im an N. all of my best interactions have been with N types. I can talk to S types but usually annoying, since I can start ot get excited with my ideaas and they can start to get annoyed, in particular my ISTJ dad. Most of them “dont see the point”. i was raised by sensors, i dont think i have a single N type family member.