INFP or INTP? Help would be appreciated. - Page 2

INFP or INTP? Help would be appreciated.

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
Thank Tree12Thanks

This is a discussion on INFP or INTP? Help would be appreciated. within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; I realized I didn’t quote the originals, dangit. Though I’m not bothered to delete and redo them at the time. ...

  1. #11

    I realized I didn’t quote the originals, dangit. Though I’m not bothered to delete and redo them at the time. (Sorry)

  2. #12

    No worries :)

    Might want to try filling out one of the questionnaires available on the forum.

  3. #13

    0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
    I am fairly young (highschool) so my experience and wisdom are limited.

    1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

    2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
    Of course. Why the heck was this thing not checked? Can someone figure out what the heck is going on? We’re going to miss the show! *sigh* Well it’s just a band, and more than likely they’ll have another show. The waste of money for tickets is a shame though.

    3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
    I’d be pretty stoked. I’d probably remain calm, but still be kinda giddy. I’d probably ask how they created their music, and how they’ve handled making a career in music. I’d also be watching the driver, make sure they stay true to their word.


    4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
    Openly state I disagree with them, but try to see things from their point of view, and explain why I believe my way, using their beliefs as a base for my reasons. Though if it’s a dumb belief, I’d just shrug and not care.

    5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
    It’s happened, I normally watch to gain information, add it to my list of things I don’t like, maybe make a face or two, and continue on with my day.

    6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
    I’d rather not state, too much explaining.

    7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
    I like to be different, but I’m also fairly apathetic at times, and have a tendency to be too blunt and honest. I’d probably change my ability to express feelings, I’d like to let people I know I care about them more naturally. It’d make me life and other’s easier.
    8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
    Take them with a grain of salt, I really don’t know how to explain a situation where they’re triggered. If anything the types of “gut feelings” I get is about things I say, how people will take it, and in that case. Normally I don’t care unless I care about the person I’m speaking too.

    9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
    Probably explaining things and having people understand what I’m saying. Writing can energize me too. I get drained by being around people that do really idiotic things, and I get drained by being forced to show emotions. Like if I’m crying I just want to hide, but if I’m forced to cry around people I get very uncomfortable.

    10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    Feelings. It feels like it’s a weakness. 1. That my emotions will interrupt my rationality. 2. That people will take advantage of what makes me upset/happy, etc. It’s irrational, but I still do it. I also avoid getting close to people a lot of times. Since so many relationships aren’t taken seriously, and to waste my life on someone that won’t be there when I need them feels like a waste.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    I found this part interesting; " I’m stone cold for the most part, I struggle with sharing my emotions, and many people around me question my Love and care for them. It’s not that I don’t care for people, but I struggle with showing that through traditional works or words of affection. The only person I pull that off for to some degree is my boyfriend ", and can't help but wonder - what about yourself, when you are all alone and not selfconscious about your feelings. What happens then?

  6. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurthang View Post
    I found this part interesting; " I’m stone cold for the most part, I struggle with sharing my emotions, and many people around me question my Love and care for them. It’s not that I don’t care for people, but I struggle with showing that through traditional works or words of affection. The only person I pull that off for to some degree is my boyfriend ", and can't help but wonder - what about yourself, when you are all alone and not selfconscious about your feelings. What happens then?
    I'm not very emotional even then, but I'm a lot more laid back. I'm very focused on tasks at hand, and spend a lot of time contemplating and researching. Occasionally I'll be sad that my boyfriend isn't with me (Long distance) but it's generally short lived.
    Gurthang thanked this post.

  7. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Chyceria View Post
    0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
    I am fairly young (highschool) so my experience and wisdom are limited.

    1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

    2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
    Of course. Why the heck was this thing not checked? Can someone figure out what the heck is going on? We’re going to miss the show! *sigh* Well it’s just a band, and more than likely they’ll have another show. The waste of money for tickets is a shame though.

    3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
    I’d be pretty stoked. I’d probably remain calm, but still be kinda giddy. I’d probably ask how they created their music, and how they’ve handled making a career in music. I’d also be watching the driver, make sure they stay true to their word.


    4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
    Openly state I disagree with them, but try to see things from their point of view, and explain why I believe my way, using their beliefs as a base for my reasons. Though if it’s a dumb belief, I’d just shrug and not care.

    5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
    It’s happened, I normally watch to gain information, add it to my list of things I don’t like, maybe make a face or two, and continue on with my day.

    6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
    I’d rather not state, too much explaining.

    7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
    I like to be different, but I’m also fairly apathetic at times, and have a tendency to be too blunt and honest. I’d probably change my ability to express feelings, I’d like to let people I know I care about them more naturally. It’d make me life and other’s easier.
    8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
    Take them with a grain of salt, I really don’t know how to explain a situation where they’re triggered. If anything the types of “gut feelings” I get is about things I say, how people will take it, and in that case. Normally I don’t care unless I care about the person I’m speaking too.

    9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
    Probably explaining things and having people understand what I’m saying. Writing can energize me too. I get drained by being around people that do really idiotic things, and I get drained by being forced to show emotions. Like if I’m crying I just want to hide, but if I’m forced to cry around people I get very uncomfortable.

    10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    Feelings. It feels like it’s a weakness. 1. That my emotions will interrupt my rationality. 2. That people will take advantage of what makes me upset/happy, etc. It’s irrational, but I still do it. I also avoid getting close to people a lot of times. Since so many relationships aren’t taken seriously, and to waste my life on someone that won’t be there when I need them feels like a waste.
    IXTX is probable but I wouldn't rule out F at this point.

    Let's go back to question 4; Your friend says they believe the Earth is flat. How would you react? How would you go about persuading them it isn't?

    Re question 10; can you identify emotions readily? i.e. Do you how how you feel at all/most times? Do you try to rationalise your feelings (find why you feel a certain way and force yourself to feel differently about it/diminish your reactions?).
    Chyceria thanked this post.

  8. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Aridela View Post
    IXTX is probable but I wouldn't rule out F at this point.

    Let's go back to question 4; Your friend says they believe the Earth is flat. How would you react? How would you go about persuading them it isn't?

    Re question 10; can you identify emotions readily? i.e. Do you how how you feel at all/most times? Do you try to rationalise your feelings (find why you feel a certain way and force yourself to feel differently about it/diminish your reactions?).
    For question 4: Probably just show them the evidence that it's not, and that a lot of the sea passageways and things like that wouldn't be possible with that logic. Emotion wise I'd probably just stare at them with the look of "You, dear sir, are an idiot.".

    Question 10: Yes and no, I can identify how I feel, but it's very circumstantial, and I can indentify them like I can identify what type of insect is on the wall. It just seems like knowledge that kind of... exists... I can tell if something makes me happy or sad, but I don't think beyond it. Do I rationalize them down? All the time, especially with sadness and anger, I'm not normally super happy, despite whether I'm smiling a lot, but not super sad either. So if anything does make me raise my voice, cry, etc, I try to make it stop almost immediately after realizing it, and If I can't I hide if people are around me. Unless It's someone I'm really really comfortable with, and even then more than likely I wouldn't talk about it until I can think about everything.
    Aridela thanked this post.

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Chyceria View Post
    For question 4: Probably just show them the evidence that it's not, and that a lot of the sea passageways and things like that wouldn't be possible with that logic. Emotion wise I'd probably just stare at them with the look of "You, dear sir, are an idiot.".

    Question 10: Yes and no, I can identify how I feel, but it's very circumstantial, and I can indentify them like I can identify what type of insect is on the wall. It just seems like knowledge that kind of... exists... I can tell if something makes me happy or sad, but I don't think beyond it. Do I rationalize them down? All the time, especially with sadness and anger, I'm not normally super happy, despite whether I'm smiling a lot, but not super sad either. So if anything does make me raise my voice, cry, etc, I try to make it stop almost immediately after realizing it, and If I can't I hide if people are around me. Unless It's someone I'm really really comfortable with, and even then more than likely I wouldn't talk about it until I can think about everything.
    Heh, a very Ti answer.

    Not sure I got any Ne from your answers though.

    Both ISTP and INTP would be probable.

  10. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Aridela View Post
    Heh, a very Ti answer.

    Not sure I got any Ne from your answers though.

    Both ISTP and INTP would be probable.
    I definitely wouldn’t say ISTP, I’m actually quite Ne with my ideas and execution of things.

    I guess my final question is, why can I be more expressive and stereotypically feely for my boyfriend? (Words of affirmation, Physical affection, random and a lot more laid back. Less logically focused than when I’m around other people.) Maybe it’s the INFJness? Idk.

    If that still proves INTP, then I guess I have nothing to go against it. My parents are already convinced I am, I just wanted more information before I really was set on it.

    Anyways, thank you all for the help! I greatly appreciate it.
    Aridela thanked this post.

  11. #20

    T/F is: In what kind of categories do you think? In particular, what does the word "wrong" mean to you, and in which situations do you (imagine you'd) use it?


     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Post A Photo of A Place Where You Will Be, Or Want To Be
    By Crowbo in forum Travel & Local Interests
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-04-2019, 11:24 PM
  2. Not sure if INTP o ENTP or other, help, would be grateful (essay)
    By IronFoz in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2019, 01:14 PM
  3. Help me type my self? Any help will be appreciated
    By Marcharald in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2019, 10:14 AM
  4. [ESTP] To be or not to be ESTP?
    By xVladdy in forum ESTP Forum - The Doers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-27-2018, 03:32 PM
  5. [ENFJ] To Be or Not to be that is the question!
    By Thought Dr in forum ENFJ Forum - The Givers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2018, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0