INFP or INTP? Help would be appreciated. - Page 3

INFP or INTP? Help would be appreciated.

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28
Thank Tree12Thanks

This is a discussion on INFP or INTP? Help would be appreciated. within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; Originally Posted by Northern Lights T/F is: In what kind of categories do you think? In particular, what does the ...

  1. #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    T/F is: In what kind of categories do you think? In particular, what does the word "wrong" mean to you, and in which situations do you (imagine you'd) use it?
    People doing something just because they feel like it, even though it may harm themselves or others. People making an argument based on biased experiences. (I understand that experiences shape us as people, but getting mad at something without actually backing it up irritates me.) I also hate when people start/leave relationships (friendships or otherwise) based on a petty arguments such as looks or a little argument. Relationships mean more than that.

  2. #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Chyceria View Post
    People doing something just because they feel like it, even though it may harm themselves or others. People making an argument based on biased experiences. (I understand that experiences shape us as people, but getting mad at something without actually backing it up irritates me.) I also hate when people start/leave relationships (friendships or otherwise) based on a petty arguments such as looks or a little argument. Relationships mean more than that.
    And is it not up to them to decide why they do what they do? Who sets the standards?

  3. #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    And is it not up to them to decide why they do what they do? Who sets the standards?
    Oh it’s totally up to them, they can do whatever they’d like. I just find it stupid based on the outcomes those situations normally have. Who sets the standards? Technically no one if we’re going off those type of things. Truly everything can be questioned, everyone perceives things differently, what’s decided as truth or false seems to be things that the majority of people agree on, or what individual people feel is true or false based on experiences and observations.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Chyceria View Post
    Oh it’s totally up to them, they can do whatever they’d like. I just find it stupid based on the outcomes those situations normally have. Who sets the standards? Technically no one if we’re going off those type of things. Truly everything can be questioned, everyone perceives things differently, what’s decided as truth or false seems to be things that the majority of people agree on, or what individual people feel is true or false based on experiences and observations.
    Fair. So: The result is unclear. I will simply give you the very-much-T answer (that is, mine), and you can decide for yourself how much of that is you.

    I think in categories of true and false. When I say "wrong", you just called a circle a square, or claimed it's Wednesday when it's Thursday. I believe in a fundamental, objective truth, in that sense, and my judgements are based on it. What I have trouble with is using "wrong" to ascribe moral judgements. It doesn't come naturally, and hence I hardly ever will call an action (morally) wrong as an instinctive reaction or come up with hypotheticals of that kind. Instead, I'm much more likely to assert that such an action "makes no sense"; "wrong" doesn't come up.

    The F side is a slightly more mixed, but basically it's the reverse. You come across a bit muddled (some people are overwhelmingly clear); but then it's possible enough that neither extreme describes you that well.
    Chyceria thanked this post.

  6. #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    Fair. So: The result is unclear. I will simply give you the very-much-T answer (that is, mine), and you can decide for yourself how much of that is you.

    I think in categories of true and false. When I say "wrong", you just called a circle a square, or claimed it's Wednesday when it's Thursday. I believe in a fundamental, objective truth, in that sense, and my judgements are based on it. What I have trouble with is using "wrong" to ascribe moral judgements. It doesn't come naturally, and hence I hardly ever will call an action (morally) wrong as an instinctive reaction or come up with hypotheticals of that kind. Instead, I'm much more likely to assert that such an action "makes no sense"; "wrong" doesn't come up.

    The F side is a slightly more mixed, but basically it's the reverse. You come across a bit muddled (some people are overwhelmingly clear); but then it's possible enough that neither extreme describes you that well.
    That’s fair, and I am young, so I’m sure as I grow older things will be more apparent. Though my dominant function would be fairly developed, along with my auxiliary as well. If someone said it’s Wednesday when it was Thursday, more than likely I’d just stare at them and give a sarcastic response. As in “Ah yes, It’s Thursday, uhuh” and go on with whatever I was doing, I can say whether I’d agree or disagree with someone, but I never really have the goal of changing their mind. What’s apparent to me, and what’s apparent to other people will be different, but there are obvious objective truths that only a true idiot could screw up.

    I really don’t know what I am, but I’ll keep searching for answers. I appreciate all the help I’ve gotten.

  7. #26

    Honestly, I think from reading more about TiFe... I think I am an INTP, because Ti does come first, I may have a somewhat high Fi, but for the most part Ti still is above it.

  8. #27

    There's still the possibility of you being a J type, I think.

    My examples weren't randomly chosen. I couldn't care less about other people's opinions. I never seek to change them -- believe in whatever you want. But asserting something factually wrong irks me. It's like brushing a cat against the fur. It hits something fundamentally me that I can't let go. (I mean, I can and I do, but we're talking about reflexive reactions, first instincts.) When it's Thursday, it's Thursday, and not Wednesday. This is true. You are wrong. It matters to me that you know this.

    I imagine it's the same for IxFPs when someone trips their chosen values. When you believe "beating children is Wrong", and see someone beating a child close to you, you can't just shrug and move on (except if you force yourself, see above). It demands a reaction from you simply by virtue of the fact that your sense of self is tied up with "beating children is Wrong". Ignoring it means ignoring yourself. I never have that problem -- I can move on, because values is not how I work. I'd stop it because it serves no purpose (presumably) -- as in, I have judged what acceptable purposes are and what not, in my subjective logic -- not because something in me screams "Wrong".


    Does one of those appeal to you more than the other?

  9. #28

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    There's still the possibility of you being a J type, I think.

    My examples weren't randomly chosen. I couldn't care less about other people's opinions. I never seek to change them -- believe in whatever you want. But asserting something factually wrong irks me. It's like brushing a cat against the fur. It hits something fundamentally me that I can't let go. (I mean, I can and I do, but we're talking about reflexive reactions, first instincts.) When it's Thursday, it's Thursday, and not Wednesday. This is true. You are wrong. It matters to me that you know this.

    I imagine it's the same for IxFPs when someone trips their chosen values. When you believe "beating children is Wrong", and see someone beating a child close to you, you can't just shrug and move on (except if you force yourself, see above). It demands a reaction from you simply by virtue of the fact that your sense of self is tied up with "beating children is Wrong". Ignoring it means ignoring yourself. I never have that problem -- I can move on, because values is not how I work. I'd stop it because it serves no purpose (presumably) -- as in, I have judged what acceptable purposes are and what not, in my subjective logic -- not because something in me screams "Wrong".


    Does one of those appeal to you more than the other?
    I’d definitely say I can move on even if people disagree with my values. Everybody is going to be different, just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they’re out to get you or harm you. I can generally move on from things pretty well. (Besides losing a friend when I was 11, it was such a sudden thing, and she cut me off from 1 argument, which I just didn’t understand. We were close. That effected me for a year.) I just really don’t care about anything with people 90% of the time, I do, but I don’t. I know that people run society, and there are things that are seen as acceptable or not acceptable, but even then I still don’t really care. I would probably care a lot more if people got things factually wrong, because not only are they showing their incompetence, but I see it as lazy especially if people are so confident in something they’ve done little research in.


     
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Post A Photo of A Place Where You Will Be, Or Want To Be
    By Crowbo in forum Travel & Local Interests
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-04-2019, 11:24 PM
  2. Not sure if INTP o ENTP or other, help, would be grateful (essay)
    By IronFoz in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2019, 01:14 PM
  3. Help me type my self? Any help will be appreciated
    By Marcharald in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2019, 10:14 AM
  4. [ESTP] To be or not to be ESTP?
    By xVladdy in forum ESTP Forum - The Doers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-27-2018, 03:32 PM
  5. [ENFJ] To Be or Not to be that is the question!
    By Thought Dr in forum ENFJ Forum - The Givers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2018, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:01 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0