0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I am on anti-depressants, and in a moderately stressful life situation. I am a 19 year old female, and right now, I am at a serene state of mind.
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
It looks like the two men are friends, who have detached from one another a long time ago due to some conflict, and have united again in this more or less common setting like a bus station. The black and white of the picture indicates how both the friends have grown old and matured with tragedies of life, with the colours of youth seeped out of them. Now they sit, with space between, avoiding looking at one another lest they see their past twinkling in the other's eyes. They stare forward morosely, getting through the monotonous routine of life and observing it like a veteran.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Oh, this is an adventure, like in the indie movies! I will be kinda pissed at the situation outwardly, but I'll try to keep me and my friend's mood upbeat. As it is the middle of nowhere, I'll also be tensed, because if we had a gas station or repair shop nearby, it could be solved quickly and neatly. But now, what has happened cannot be changed. So I'll try to brainstorm a solution, see if anyone among us is good with cars, and if none are good with cars, I'll search it up on my phone, or get some help from someone else.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I never had good feelings about afterparties. Sure, it'd be fun, but what if they get wasted, or something bad happens? I'll refuse and go back to the comfort of my house. A concert was enough. A party will only make me more mentally unhinged, loopy.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I oppose them in a light-hearted fashion, and if they seem bent on their own beliefs no matter what, I'll just drop it. Why push an idea onto someone who doesn't want to know? I'll just say, "You have a point" or "Whatever makes you sleep at night" and move on to another topic. I don't want to ruin the good ambience. But I'll not stop until I have had my views explained to them if it's an important topic to me.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
If it's something small, I'll let it go. And if it's massively wrong in my eyes, I'll keep debating until it is proved that it is a lost cause.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I never paid attention to my values. The idea is diffused and at times contradictory. For example, I am all for helping those who are truly, utterly helpless, or the animals as they cannot speak for themselves (I witnessed other in some abusive situations, so it made me strong in this value) But for others, I have a strict sense of right and wrong, and sort of cruel too. If you did wrong, you did wrong. My values would be authenticity and honesty. I have had friends who turned out to be two-faced. Everytime. It drove me to seek honesty above all. I can sense fake people from a mile off, so I also value authentic feelings. You don't like me, you say it to my face instead of being passive-aggressive. I don't like carrying baggage and people beating around the bush. Also, I like people who are accepting, open-minded.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a)My moral compass. My ability to observe, find meaning, and being deep.
b) Maybe be more confident about my abilities.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I don't pay attention to hunches. It could cost me a mistake. Sometimes, I do pay attention but only if I can find even an inkling of reason behind it, if I can explain why it could work. The get triggered in stressful situations, where I don't have any resources in my head.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a)Spending time learning things I am interested in. Watching movies with others. Listening to podcasts. Seeing movie analysis. Reflecting in my journal. Yoga. Basically where it is crowded but nobody pays me any attention, where something that interests me is happening.
b) Being smiley, lovey-dovey and polite with someone I don't know well or don't like. Meet and greet parties. Basically, where I have to talk and present something, where all eyes are on me.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I repress my serious nature. People always say I look 16. Well, because I act that way, it's what I want to show them, so they see it: eternal youth, innocence. I act like I don't know shit because I have a feeling if I start talking about it, they'll no longer be interested. Also, I don't want my real personality showing, I like guarding it. I see what do they expect of me, and I act that way if it seems ok to me. It's like trying out masks. I repress me going in a spiral of thought around newly met people. I don't like sharing my genuine thoughts with them. I follow a social dialogue scheme, and when I get lost, I only listen and nod, and observe or zone out in peace.
See, I bared my soul in here guys!
Comment what type am I, according to your calculation. I'm tired of roaming around, unlabelled.