Find out your personality type in less than 5 minutes, Definitely Accurate. - Page 3

Find out your personality type in less than 5 minutes, Definitely Accurate.

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
Thank Tree23Thanks

This is a discussion on Find out your personality type in less than 5 minutes, Definitely Accurate. within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; Hi! My enneatype is sexual 8w7 (not extremely 7, sometimes just an 8 without any wing preference, but never too ...

  1. #21
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Hi! My enneatype is sexual 8w7 (not extremely 7, sometimes just an 8 without any wing preference, but never too 8w9)

    First I thought I was ESTP, but after reading a few descriptions I found ESTP more like a self preservation 3 maybe, like if they needed to be loved, hated, respected or desired (to be the center of attention) and they achieve this by showing them off. I also found out they dont "respect" their own morals as much as I do.

    So I think Im ENTJ, yes, I want to be respected and to have control (like ESTP) but not by showing off, but for who I am.
    I love, like and respect myself and I espect others to do it too without me even trying to persuade them, in fact, I find it really annoying when someone tries to be liked by putting a mask on and pretending to be someone they are not. I think one of the most important things in live is to be honest to yourself and to the others. No lies, lies suck.

    So, as I said, I espect others to respect and need me (not necesaryly love me), I take for granted they will, maybe because of my high self esteem, quite narcissist.

    More information about me: I am not organized, I always do things in the last minute and I feel alive when taking risk. I get hysterical when someone is really slow at something, sometimes people tell me Im too individualist and that I dont care about other people situation or feelings.

    I constantly feel that I have to protect the weak, I dont mind doing things that are "bad" to society's eyes if I consider its fair. I hate rules. I can be rude, some people tell me I should be more heart open and to break the emotional bounderies I put to everyone, but I cant because If I show sadness, love, etc, I feel weak and feeling weak really pisses my off.
    This doesnt mean Im an antisocial, in fact, I like meeting new people but Im very selective when it comes to real friends.

    To conclude, what do you think? Could I be a sx 8w7 ENTJ? Please feel free to correct any mistake about the types(I dont know a lot about MBTI)

  2. #22
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Quote Originally Posted by Living dead View Post
    @ENFP Kitten ,would you mind helping me with my type?
    Love ENFP's!

    Btw,I think typing by dichotomies just doesn't work for some people,but there are some for whom it just happens to work.Like,if you have an ESFP with very developed Te and Ni,weird Fi and raised in unusual conditions they'll possibly get different results while looking at E/I,S/N,F/T and P/J but if they are your typical Se,Fi,Te,Ni they'll identify with E,S,F,P and descriptions.
    that is absolutely true!! my ESFP friend had the hardessstt time feeling identified!! she felt the MBTI descriptions way too stereotypical, she only felt identified with socionics and cognitive function descriptions!
    it really is true, I have had to give further explanations and make further questions to really figure out which one a person was!

  3. #23
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Quote Originally Posted by visionaryjack View Post
    I ask all these readers to do one thing, and that is to read the title of this thread. No-no, you definitely did say that this test was definitely accurate. Unlike you, I have authentic proof. My argument when it comes down to it is simple: Having 100 people be correctly typed by this method before doesn't make it definitely accurate for everybody else ever. That is a logical fallacy. However, I've presented this case perfectly assuming you have 100 people to testimony. Anybody can say they have 100 people that have been accurately typed and 100% satisfied using your method. What about this age old saying? "Don't believe everything you hear." Show us all objective proof for the 100 people first, then disprove my second case I've presented assuming you have all 100.

    It's also noteworthy that I am an autistic person. As such, I can unintentionally come across as somewhat overly blunt. I'd like to honestly say that it is not my intention to offend you in any way, and if I have I do honestly apologize. I'm simply presenting an objective, logical argument. Listen, I don't have a problem with your method. I think it's a solid method. This thread title's ethical correctness is in question, though. While the intention is indeed noble, the title puts all of these people who don't know their type at an unnecessarily higher risk for mistype. - Jack
    that's okay, remembering that you are an NT, makes me retract from taking what you say personally since I know how NT's logic reasons, thank you for reassuring me of your intentions :)
    visionaryjack thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Quote Originally Posted by FlightlessBird View Post
    Hi! My enneatype is sexual 8w7 (not extremely 7, sometimes just an 8 without any wing preference, but never too 8w9)

    First I thought I was ESTP, but after reading a few descriptions I found ESTP more like a self preservation 3 maybe, like if they needed to be loved, hated, respected or desired (to be the center of attention) and they achieve this by showing them off. I also found out they dont "respect" their own morals as much as I do.

    So I think Im ENTJ, yes, I want to be respected and to have control (like ESTP) but not by showing off, but for who I am.
    I love, like and respect myself and I espect others to do it too without me even trying to persuade them, in fact, I find it really annoying when someone tries to be liked by putting a mask on and pretending to be someone they are not. I think one of the most important things in live is to be honest to yourself and to the others. No lies, lies suck.

    So, as I said, I espect others to respect and need me (not necesaryly love me), I take for granted they will, maybe because of my high self esteem, quite narcissist.

    More information about me: I am not organized, I always do things in the last minute and I feel alive when taking risk. I get hysterical when someone is really slow at something, sometimes people tell me Im too individualist and that I dont care about other people situation or feelings.

    I constantly feel that I have to protect the weak, I dont mind doing things that are "bad" to society's eyes if I consider its fair. I hate rules. I can be rude, some people tell me I should be more heart open and to break the emotional bounderies I put to everyone, but I cant because If I show sadness, love, etc, I feel weak and feeling weak really pisses my off.
    This doesnt mean Im an antisocial, in fact, I like meeting new people but Im very selective when it comes to real friends.

    To conclude, what do you think? Could I be a sx 8w7 ENTJ? Please feel free to correct any mistake about the types(I dont know a lot about MBTI)
    okay you are definitely not a Judger, so maybe ENTP, you sound a lot like an Fi user though: being true to oneself, liking authenticity in persons, wanting to protect the weak, not caring about what others think or value, but deeming your own perceptions on things as more important to you. respecting your morals very much. being individualistic, all of that sounds a lot like an ENFP!

    I also totally feel this way too: "I want to be respected and to have control but for who I am. I find it really annoying when someone tries to be liked by putting a mask on and pretending to be someone they are not. I think one of the most important things in live is to be honest to yourself and to the others. No lies, lies suck. I get hysterical when someone is really slow at something"

    but then again I do not identify with this: "I love, like and respect myself and I expect others to do it too without me even trying to persuade them. I feel alive when taking risk. I can be rude, some people tell me I should be more heart open and to break the emotional bounderies I put to everyone, but I cant because If I show sadness, love, etc, I feel weak and feeling weak really pisses my off.

    this part makes you sound a lot more like a Thinker... if you say you are an 8, you could be either an ENTP ESTP or an ESFP.

    have you taken a look at the first post on here? there are mini descriptions of each letter. take a look and tell me what you think you are!

  6. #25
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Quote Originally Posted by Living dead View Post
    @ENFP Kitten ,would you mind helping me with my type?
    Love ENFP's!

    Btw,I think typing by dichotomies just doesn't work for some people,but there are some for whom it just happens to work.Like,if you have an ESFP with very developed Te and Ni,weird Fi and raised in unusual conditions they'll possibly get different results while looking at E/I,S/N,F/T and P/J but if they are your typical Se,Fi,Te,Ni they'll identify with E,S,F,P and descriptions.
    and yes ofcourse I'd like to help you with your type!
    sweet morphine thanked this post.

  7. #26

    Great! :D

    This thread or should I make a new one?I think I'll make a new one but idk
    I'll try to answer those questions from original post although they are tough for me,especially I/E

  8. #27

    Here is my not humble opinion on how you can improve this. This is by no means definitely accurate, since you aren't taking the functions into consideration.

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFP Kitten View Post
    Extraversion (E)
    I like getting my energy from active involvement in events and having a lot of different activities. I'm excited when I'm around people and I like to energize other people. I like moving into action and making things happen. I generally feel at home in the world. I often understand a problem better when I can talk out loud about it and hear what others have to say.


    The following statements generally apply to me:
    • I see myself as "outgoing" or as a "people person."
    • I feel comfortable in groups and like working in them.
    • I like to have a wide range of friends and know lots of people.
    • I sometimes jump too quickly into an activity and don't allow enough time to think it over.
    • Before I start a project, I sometimes forget to stop and get clear on what I want to do and why. this is an xxxP thing

    Introversion (I)

    I like getting my energy from dealing with the ideas, pictures, memories, and reactions that are inside my head, in my inner world. I often prefer doing things alone or with one or two people I feel comfortable with. I take time to reflect so that I have a clear idea of what I'll be doing when I decide to act. Ideas are almost solid things for me. Sometimes I like the idea of something better than the real thing.

    The following statements generally apply to me:
    • I see myself as "reflective" or "reserved."
    • I feel comfortable being alone and like things I can do on my own.
    • I prefer to know just a few people well.
    • I sometimes spend too much time reflecting and don't move into action quickly enough.
    •I sometimes forget to check with the outside world to see if my ideas really fit the experience. more of an N thing than introversion

    Next Up is Sensing VS Intuition:

    Sensing (S)

    Paying attention to physical reality, what I see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. I'm concerned with what is actual, present, current, and real. I notice facts and I remember details that are important to me. I like to see the practical use of things and learn best when I see how to use what I'm learning. Experience speaks to me louder than words.


    The following statements generally apply to me:
    • I remember events as snapshots of what actually happened.
    •I solve problems by working through facts until I understand the problem.
    •I am pragmatic and look to the "bottom line."
    •I start with facts and then form a big picture.
    •I trust experience first and trust words and symbols less.
    •Sometimes I pay so much attention to facts, either present or past, that I miss new possibilities.

    Intuition (N)

    Paying the most attention to impressions or the meaning and patterns of the information I get. I would rather learn by thinking a problem through than by hands-on experience. I'm interested in new things and what might be possible, so that I think more about the future than the present. I like to work with symbols or abstract theories, even if I don't know how I will use them. I remember events more as an impression of what it was like than as actual facts or details of what happened.

    The following statements generally apply to me:
    • I remember events by what I read "between the lines" about their meaning.
    •I solve problems by leaping between different ideas and possibilities. too vague, everyone does this
    •I am interested in doing things that are new and different. more of an xxxP thing than N
    •I like to see the big picture, then to find out the facts.
    •I trust impressions, symbols, and metaphors more than what I actually experienced
    •Sometimes I think so much about new possibilities that I never look at how to make them a reality.
    Didn't read the last two sections because "I/E" and "S/N" have the most misconceptions in the MBTI community in general.
    ENFP Kitten thanked this post.

  9. #28
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Ugh. This is trash.
    Yeahright and ENFP Kitten thanked this post.

  10. #29
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahright View Post
    Here is my not humble opinion on how you can improve this. This is by no means definitely accurate, since you aren't taking the functions into consideration.



    Didn't read the last two sections because "I/E" and "S/N" have the most misconceptions in the MBTI community in general.
    Oh I totally agree, functions are a way better accurate way to figure out someone's type. But this has been helpful for me, with people who know nothing about personalities, and I don't need to make too many explanations, people get confused, I will go into functions if someone is not clear cut sure about being an intro or extro etc.

    this is not a good tool for you to use to try and type someone else, it works best when the person himself reads and contrasts and he will know best what feels more like him, it's not that everything will fit you but it's just to give them an idea of what we are trying to figure out. and who is the one who knows best what he is comfortable with? it's the person himself.

    but as I said, when people are not clear cut, then you definitely need to go into functions to findout what they really are.

    this is for me an easy tool for absolute noobs.

  11. #30
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Quote Originally Posted by Living dead View Post
    Great! :D

    This thread or should I make a new one?I think I'll make a new one but idk
    I'll try to answer those questions from original post although they are tough for me,especially I/E
    okay i'll help, what makes you an intro is that socializing too much will be draining to you and you will need your time alone to recharge, socializing costs you energy.

    an Extrovert gets energy from socializing, so like I could have been super exhausted and not in the mood for socializing, but once I start interacting with people, they just give me energy, and I get all hyped up. yes I can crash right after, but see the difference? instead of costing me energy, it actually gave me energy where I had none.
    sweet morphine thanked this post.


     
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2014, 12:46 AM
  2. Help me to find out my personality type
    By cutipie in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 01:50 PM
  3. Help me find my personality type.
    By Heliod in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 03:59 AM
  4. Easiest way to find out your type, but not the most accurate
    By BearRight in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 11:20 PM
  5. For when you can't find your personality type
    By loveyou in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 06:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:20 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0