I'm Alec and new here. I got inspired by SecretAsianMan and decided to give it a go.
Would love some inputs. Don't be shy, I´m very lovable.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I never really thought about my personallity, like really. I sometimes think that I'm bad at people, but then I have days where everything is like perfect. I also tend to feel lonely, but am always very present when I am with people and I enjoy being with more than 1 other person. Like 3 people is ideal, but also large groups I really enjoy.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for acknowledgment. In everything I do, there is some kind of goal to get a clap on my shoulder. For instance if I do some work I do minimum effort, just enough so that I will get what I desire. The acknowledgment is not bound to a specific person, So if it is a stranger saying that they like my shirt or my mother applauding a well done examn, it matters the same. I think this is kind of odd, and I also feel a bit ashamed of this.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
It was when I was 3 years old and we were going for a walk with my grandparents and cousins, uncles, aunts, like the whole famility. We went to an icedealer and everyone got an icecream. The total check was like 237(not US$) but the young lady in the shop was only charging us 213. I was calculating while eating my icecream and after like 5 minutes I was like saying to my grandmother that we should walk back to the shop because we forgot to pay the last 24. This is by far my proudest moment. So I like being smart I guess.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people are unfair. It can be litteraly anything. If a car doesnt let me in when two lines are merging. If I buy a chair and it breaks after 1day and the store will not take it back. However I'm not really good at being fair myself, and I really dislike this!
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I usually try to make decisions that doesnt affect me negatively on the long run. I often value the effect of my decisions on people I care about higher than my own desires.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I usually let other people make the decisions internally when making projects. But I like to take the credit of the outcome, and also defend the project if something goes wrong and take responsibility, even if I didnt actually cause the problems. I'm always saying my oppinion but have no need to get it my way, and that is the main reason I let others lead if they want. But I do always take some kind of front-figure in projects.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
It was one time during a project in school and me and a friend was like getting pretty tired of school, so we started to looking at travels. Then after an hour we found like really really cheap tickets to Dublin (Ireland) and wrote another friend of my school friend (a guy I didn't know) if he wanted to join. He was up for it and we booked the tickets for the morning after. So we had to get our project done and worked the whole night, and handed it in 8 in the morning. Took a train to the Airport and met the other friend there. We were completely exhausted and slept the whole flight. When we landed we took a bus to the center and found a Hostel. We met this girl working in a restaurent and she showed us around abit and went to work. We then later in the evening met up with her in her work and had dinner there and went to some pubs afterwards. We ended up in a club that was like the craziest place I´ve ever been (atleast at that time) and just partyed the whole night. Was really an epic day.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
learning depends on what im learning. I know that I'm very good at learning things based on a previous assessment and don't fall into one particular category. However I feel it is best when im actively doing the thing im learning and learning fromt he mistakes I make
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Hmm very unstructured in everything. But I can structure things easily, just if I dont have to do the things myself. Im maybe more lazy than unstructured, if you get what I mean. I do have plans and lists and all that, I just dont really get the stuff done.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I think im very subjective. If I personally can identify to an idea I accept it. I do like to do research on things that has to do with science though. I can easily go through a 100 papers if I want to understand a phenomenon better.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I definately try to get everyone to feel like they belong. Im the type that will leave a conversation with my friends if I see someone not really being included. But this does not always apply, its like I need to have a connection to the person. Be in class with them, or know their siblings or something. I can not really just go up to complete strangers even though I sometimes really want to.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
It depends on the setup. If im with a girl I can sometimes be abit too much of a think before speaking. But in general I'm kind of fast to get out some words, and I usually don't regret them. There was this christman, we were at my Aunt and Uncles place, And I was saying something about my parents having this ugly chair, And then my mother was like: "ohh that one is from my grandmother"(the mother of my grandmother that was there) and everyone went silent. Would have loved to think before speaking there.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I do not take action right away. I'm much faster with my words than with my actions.
If they speak louder than words I'm not really sure. I think a part of my thought process is speaking(or typing) and this takes time. I like to have thought things through before I take any action.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I would always go out. I really enjoy being with people. However If I would be hanging out with a friend watching a show I would first hear with him/her what she wants and honour that with even thinking about it.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
It depends with how I´m stressed out. Sometimes I will get angry and ask people to leave me alone if it is someone that knows me. If it is someone that is not familiar with me I will be patient with them but ask them to let me work whatever out that I have to. On some occasions if I get stressed and annoyed at the same time, I will just drop whatever it is that is stressing me out.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I think it is mostly if the difference is too large. Actions/words of some personalities can seem fake to me, if they do not make sense in my head. But I am working on this, and starting to accept people for who they really are.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yes, Science is probably my favorite topic. I also enjoy talking about cultures.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life
I pay attention to everything that I am aware off. I think maybe mess is less important to me than others. But I pay attention if I know some1 will mind if something is messy, and will tidy it up, so Im not really sure. Think philosopihically that if you pay attention for something, so that you notice it, you by definition is paying attention. hmm.. hope the language barrier is not to large on this one.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I think I´m adapting my personality to my friends. That is also kind of the reason that I'm even making this post. Im very unaware of what I am and who I am. Some friends have said that I'm cold and cynical, others have said that I'm warm and carring. Some find me hard working, others lazy.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would do something with action, speed most likely. Nothing with heights. I would be with friends. Some kind of car-racing ending the day with a large dinner in a country I didn´t yet explore.
Hope there is enough for a start, else feel free to ask questions, I however reserve the right to not answer if I feel uncomfortable with specific questions.