Please help me type myself. Fi-Se (ISFP) or Ti-Se (ISTP) ? - Page 3

Please help me type myself. Fi-Se (ISFP) or Ti-Se (ISTP) ?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
Thank Tree44Thanks

This is a discussion on Please help me type myself. Fi-Se (ISFP) or Ti-Se (ISTP) ? within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; Originally Posted by itselly So you suggest that I might be ESFP? No. I'm not suggesting anything. just offering you ...

  1. #21
    ISFP - The Artists

    Quote Originally Posted by itselly View Post
    So you suggest that I might be ESFP?
    No. I'm not suggesting anything. just offering you perspective. :-) The only things we know about you are what you've told us. Only you can know you. You get to choose. :-)
    itselly thanked this post.

  2. #22

    Quote Originally Posted by ferroequinologist View Post
    No. I'm not suggesting anything. just offering you perspective. :-) The only things we know about you are what you've told us. Only you can know you. You get to choose. :-)
    The more I analyze it, the more confused I get!
    Cuz then I realize that I use ALL functions.
    Even the functions ISTPs & ISFPs don't really use.
    that's why I prefer to ask!


    *Sometimes I'm in a situation that I see lots of possibilities (usually negative ones)! Or sometimes I can say the pros & cons of things, but can't decide which way to go or which one to choose! (Ne)

    *Sometimes I remember past memories and get happy or sad about it. & I might even question my past and ask myself why something happened the way it happened! (Si)

    *Sometimes I care about what ppl think of me and I prefer to stay quiet in order not to hurt someone or get hurt or hated! (Fe)

    *Sometimes I think about things & analyze ppl or what they say in my head! (Ti)



    But I think according to how you described ESFP & ISFP's grip (in bad situations), my inferior looks like Ni more than Te!



    But when I look at my dom & aux functions & myself, I kinda think that I can't be a Se dom!
    Yes, I can sometimes be sensual (into sensory activities related to 5 senses!), but I think I still have a function before that, which makes me an Introvert dominant person (most likely Fi or Ti dom).



    So maybe, what I describe as grip of inferior function, is actually loop, not grip! Maybe it's Fi-Ni loop!...Or Ti-Ni loop!?!?

  3. #23
    ISFP - The Artists

    Quote Originally Posted by itselly View Post
    The more I analyze it, the more confused I get!
    Cuz then I realize that I use ALL functions.
    Even the functions ISTPs & ISFPs don't really use.
    that's why I prefer to ask!


    *Sometimes I'm in a situation that I see lots of possibilities (usually negative ones)! Or sometimes I can say the pros & cons of things, but can't decide which way to go or which one to choose! (Ne)

    *Sometimes I remember past memories and get happy or sad about it. & I might even question my past and ask myself why something happened the way it happened! (Si)

    *Sometimes I care about what ppl think of me and I prefer to stay quiet in order not to hurt someone or get hurt or hated! (Fe)

    *Sometimes I think about things & analyze ppl or what they say in my head! (Ti)



    But I think according to how you described ESFP & ISFP's grip (in bad situations), my inferior looks like Ni more than Te!



    But when I look at my dom & aux functions & myself, I kinda think that I can't be a Se dom!
    Yes, I can sometimes be sensual (into sensory activities related to 5 senses!), but I think I still have a function before that, which makes me an Introvert dominant person (most likely Fi or Ti dom).



    So maybe, what I describe as grip of inferior function, is actually loop, not grip! Maybe it's Fi-Ni loop!...Or Ti-Ni loop!?!?
    The place to start is to ask yourself, not how you are in every situation, but how you are when you are most yourself. When you are able to just let go--take off your shoes, and kick back and be yourself? Do you prefer at that point, to be more introverted or extraverted? What makes you feel alive? Going and doing things? Being around people? Or being alone, maybe puttering or doing something with your hands, but not "out there"? A true extravert tends to associate more with other things than with what is going on inside the head. In fact, in my experience, forcing an extravert to introspect about themselves tends to stress them. Making them sit still, do nothing, not talk, not be active is stressful to them. An Introvert, on the other hand, prefers to turn inwardly first, and tends to need a time away from doing and focusing on other things. Doing things and being with other people are things we may enjoy, but they are not how an introvert would identify.

    Once you figure that out, the next thing to ask yourself is how do you prefer to approach the outer world? Do you prefer to set things in order (not necessarily physical order, but mental order--structured), or do you prefer to take advantage of things as they happen? Those who tend to prefer order also tend to prefer to use words to do so, and not so much action. On the other hand, those who prefer to take advantage of things as they happen tend to prefer to be shown than told how to do things, and may prefer to do them themselves, but with guidance.

    Again, the above items are how you _prefer_ to do things, when nobody is putting any pressure on you to act in a certain way. Ignore how you are with your parents, or rather, ask yourself if how you behave around them is simply because that's what they seem to expect or if you truly prefer this.

    And for another tactic, ask yourself a couple other questions. How do you prefer to communicate, with concrete language, and more about concrete things? or abstractly, and about concepts and non-material things? What draws your attention or appeals more? Simile ("she's as cold as ice") or more metafore ("all the world's a stage")? Also, do you prefer others to speak literally, factually, specifically? Or more generally, categorically and theoretically and analogically? Which would be more of a drain or boring to you?

    Second question, Do you prefer to use things like tools (literal tools, but also things like computer programs, or less obvious tools like forks, spoons, knives, or cars, or bicycles, or anything you manipulate) in ways that are strictly within their purpose? Or are you willing to improvise in your use of tools, and sometimes make others frustrated, upset or scared by how you utilize a tool? Does Bob Ross using house-painter's paintbrushes and spatulas fascinate you and give you ideas? or does it seems silly or somehow "wrong" to you?

    I'll stop there. I've said enough for one post. :-)
    itselly thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    ENTJ

    Quote Originally Posted by itselly View Post
    Cuz then I realize that I use ALL functions.
    That sounds as if you were a human being... eww.

    Of course you do! Everyone uses all functions, otherwise Se users won't be able to remember anything and Ne users would be constantly hitting things and people because they would be unaware of their surroundings. Fi would never care what others think and Ti wouldn't be able to learn from external sources.

    Which, I hope, you can see it's just stupid. The functions aren't this or that. They're a scale. You also use aspects of your shadow functions (the other four). MBTI just says which functions you have preference for and you use the most. For example, I often analyse situations, things around me and conversations and want to know how things are working. I also enjoy taking things apart. But I do this very rarely and it's a conscious process. Not something I do automatically but something I learned and developed. This is where I have trouble with maths. I find it very easy to memorise theory and equations but in problems, I'm terrible. I just cannot see the logic behind it and I don't care about details. My focus is the conclusion it brings me to, which I want to achieve asap. While Ti user focuses on the path to the solution and sees lots of teeny tiny details in it. I see the big picture. Because to me, details are just that, details, unimportant in the big picture unless they disturb it, then they need to be repaired. A Ti user would consider details to be more important than the big picture.
    Last edited by Prada; 01-12-2016 at 10:09 AM.
    itselly thanked this post.

  6. #25

    [QUOTE=ferroequinologist;24620682]The place to start is to ask yourself, not how you are in every situation, but how you are when you are most yourself. When you are able to just let go--take off your shoes, and kick back and be yourself? Do you prefer at that point, to be more introverted or extraverted? What makes you feel alive? Going and doing things? Being around people? Or being alone, maybe puttering or doing something with your hands, but not "out there"? A true extravert tends to associate more with other things than with what is going on inside the head. In fact, in my experience, forcing an extravert to introspect about themselves tends to stress them. Making them sit still, do nothing, not talk, not be active is stressful to them. An Introvert, on the other hand, prefers to turn inwardly first, and tends to need a time away from doing and focusing on other things. Doing things and being with other people are things we may enjoy, but they are not how an introvert would identify.[QUOTE=ferroequinologist;24620682]

    ■I love sensory activities. Sometimes during my "me" time and at home. Sometimes with ppl close to me! & sometimes with ppl I want to get to know! But I need me time alot before and after that. Whenever I go on a trip we go out and I love it (I go crazy and get bossy and suggest that we go out and do something when they're lazy!) But when I come back home, I just grab my phone and sit in a corner and do my own stuffs! (I usually surf the web or take quizzes, I don't really like social media!).


    Once you figure that out, the next thing to ask yourself is how do you prefer to approach the outer world? Do you prefer to set things in order (not necessarily physical order, but mental order--structured), or do you prefer to take advantage of things as they happen? Those who tend to prefer order also tend to prefer to use words to do so, and not so much action. On the other hand, those who prefer to take advantage of things as they happen tend to prefer to be shown than told how to do things, and may prefer to do them themselves, but with guidance.[QUOTE=ferroequinologist;24620682]

    ■I sometimes like to put my thoughts in order and prefer to know the TRUTH! I don't like inner struggles. & sometimes I plan for my trips or the next day! But long term planning isn't for me! It just makes me anxious! So...in your example, I guess I'm the 2nd one! I wait to see what the new situation brings for me! And the last part is "totally" me! I'd like to know what they want from me (although sometimes I get creative about this part, but that rarely happens), & I prefer to learn things by a person's guide forst and then do it myself or with help. I can't just figure things out by myself!


    Again, the above items are how you _prefer_ to do things, when nobody is putting any pressure on you to act in a certain way. Ignore how you are with your parents, or rather, ask yourself if how you behave around them is simply because that's what they seem to expect or if you truly prefer this..[QUOTE=ferroequinologist;24620682]

    ■ this one is the most complicated part. cuz I like it both ways! I sometimes like to talk about real things and physical things (food, desserts, drinks, hobbies, other cultures, languages, nature, architecture, beautiful buildings, extreme sports, music, etc) & sometimes I like to talk about abstract things (freedom, equality, different religions, time, devotion, different values, etc), but if it gets too much, I might get depressed or anxious. What I dislike is talking about other ppl. I usually get bored if the conversation is about a person, what he did, what she said, how another person reacted, etc). Unless I know those ppl well and the topic is not too personal!
    but in general I usually make friends/communicate with ppl through activities and doing things together. It's a huge ice breaker and then we have more things to talk about. That's why I have very few friends at university!

    Though I prefer the conversation to be about general subjects but literal.
    ***oops!!! this was actually my answer to the question below!!!



    And for another tactic, ask yourself a couple other questions. How do you prefer to communicate, with concrete language, and more about concrete things? or abstractly, and about concepts and non-material things? What draws your attention or appeals more? Simile ("she's as cold as ice") or more metafore ("all the world's a stage")? Also, do you prefer others to speak literally, factually, specifically? Or more generally, categorically and theoretically and analogically? Which would be more of a drain or boring to you?

    Second question, Do you prefer to use things like tools (literal tools, but also things like computer programs, or less obvious tools like forks, spoons, knives, or cars, or bicycles, or anything you manipulate) in ways that are strictly within their purpose? Or are you willing to improvise in your use of tools, and sometimes make others frustrated, upset or scared by how you utilize a tool? Does Bob Ross using house-painter's paintbrushes and spatulas fascinate you and give you ideas? or does it seems silly or somehow "wrong" to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ferroequinologist View Post

    ■I prefer to use things for within their purpose! specially when it comes to tecnology or mechanical things and machines! But when it comes to activities like cooking, designing & fashion, I sometimes get creative & do things that not all ppl do. Some days I cook dishes that might sound weird. Sometimes I wear something weird but fashionable (at home!), one day I decide to make my bedroom look like japanese bedrooms, etc.

    & about Bob Ross, I'm not 100% his fan or follower, But I really adore him. How he paints makes me think painting is easy!


    I'll stop there. I've said enough for one post. :-)

  7. #26

    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    That sounds as if you were a human being... eww.

    Of course you do! Everyone uses all functions, otherwise Se users won't be able to remember anything and Ne users would be constantly hitting things and people because they would be unaware of their surroundings. Fi would never care what others think and Ti wouldn't be able to learn from external sources.

    Which, I hope, you can see it's just stupid. The functions aren't this or that. They're a scale. You also use aspects of your shadow functions (the other four). MBTI just says which functions you have preference for and you use the most. For example, I often analyse situations, things around me and conversations and want to know how things are working. I also enjoy taking things apart. But I do this very rarely and it's a conscious process. Not something I do automatically but something I learned and developed. This is where I have trouble with maths. I find it very easy to memorise theory and equations but in problems, I'm terrible. I just cannot see the logic behind it and I don't care about details. My focus is the conclusion it brings me to, which I want to achieve asap. While Ti user focuses on the path to the solution and sees lots of teeny tiny details in it. I see the big picture. Because to me, details are just that, details, unimportant in the big picture unless they disturb it, then they need to be repaired. A Ti user would consider details to be more important than the big picture.
    This post makes me think I'm kind of Te!
    I can memorize practical things or general things. But when it comes to details and scientific things, I get very forgetful !!!

  8. #27
    ENTJ

    Quote Originally Posted by itselly View Post
    This post makes me think I'm kind of Te!
    I can memorize practical things or general things. But when it comes to details and scientific things, I get very forgetful !!!
    That sounds like Te but it could also be weak Ti. Definitely not a Ti-dom.
    itselly thanked this post.

  9. #28
    ISFP - The Artists

    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    That sounds like Te but it could also be weak Ti. Definitely not a Ti-dom.
    Agreed. ;-) Nor Te dom or aux...
    itselly thanked this post.

  10. #29
    ENTJ

    Quote Originally Posted by ferroequinologist View Post
    Agreed. ;-) Nor Te dom or aux...
    Indeed.

    @itselly The more you say about yourself the more you seem like an ISFP. BTW, something I forgot to mention before, Fi-doms can often act like Fe users (wanting to make people around happy, wanting peace in a group, etc.) with the difference that Fe just do it for the sake of it while Fi-doms usually do it because they feel more comfortable that way and basically, due to a personal conviction that it is the right thing to do, that they should make people around them happy. Fe users just do it without thinking twice but Fi-doms have a reason for it.
    itselly thanked this post.

  11. #30
    ISFP - The Artists

    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    Indeed.

    @itselly The more you say about yourself the more you seem like an ISFP. BTW, something I forgot to mention before, Fi-doms can often act like Fe users (wanting to make people around happy, wanting peace in a group, etc.) with the difference that Fe just do it for the sake of it while Fi-doms usually do it because they feel more comfortable that way and basically, due to a personal conviction that it is the right thing to do, that they should make people around them happy. Fe users just do it without thinking twice but Fi-doms have a reason for it.
    Agreed on all the points above. :-)

    About that "having a reason" part. I've infuriated Fe types by asking "why" about their actions, and it seems that really irritates them to ask that. I've honestly never understood why...
    itselly and Prada thanked this post.


     
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A little help with my type, please: ISTP or ISFP? Or something else?
    By Saevor in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-12-2015, 01:15 PM
  2. Whats my type ISTP or ISFP or something else?
    By xxWanderer in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 10:50 AM
  3. What's my type? ISTP? ISFP? other?
    By whitewarrior11 in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 07:45 AM
  4. [Enneagram Type 9] ISFP vs ISTP Type 9 -- Differences?
    By thunder in forum Type 9 Forum - The Peacemaker
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 03:50 AM
  5. [ISTP] Getting my bf's type down - ISTP or ISFP?
    By ukinfj in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 03:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0