Please help me type myself. Fi-Se (ISFP) or Ti-Se (ISTP) ? - Page 5

Please help me type myself. Fi-Se (ISFP) or Ti-Se (ISTP) ?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 45 of 45
Thank Tree44Thanks

This is a discussion on Please help me type myself. Fi-Se (ISFP) or Ti-Se (ISTP) ? within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; Originally Posted by Prada Y @ itselly As for Ti-Fe in your example, Ti-dom will always focus on the logic ...

  1. #41
    ISFP - The Artists

    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    Y
    @itselly As for Ti-Fe in your example, Ti-dom will always focus on the logic of the situation. "Is this logical?" is something a Ti-dom would be asking themselves. A Fe user would ask "How can I achieve harmony and make all sides happy?".

    Fi-Te on the other hand would ask themselves "What is the right thing to do in this situation?" "Do I have any evidence to confirm that?" "Am I making the right decision?"
    I would take both a bit further. A Ti-dom (my wife, at least, and the ISTP I have known closely) would go beyond the logic, and want to see how it fits into their systematic understanding of things.

    Fi, on the other hand, also has a system, but it's not logical, but rather, "How does this fit into what I know is good and bad, right and wrong, or where is this leading me--equitable/inequitable, happy/sad, comfortable/uncomfortable.

    The inferior Fe in the Ti doms I've known tends to follow the socially accepted ways, and attempts or desires to keep the peace because upsetting that upsets their equilibrium, and that interferes with how they can process things logically. It's noise in the datastream that needs filtering. One maybe could say that Ti fights against Te by turning to Fe to smooth things over. However, under duress, it may cause a Ti-dom to resort to strongly emotional outbursts, and strong expressions of emotional language to browbeat down the offending party. (words like mean, hateful, ugly, etc. would be used--emotionally-based ones)

    The inferior Te, for Fi doms tends to create the exact opposite effect, a brutal search for a stable foundation so as to protect the feeling stream. Fe is like rocks in the river that create rapids. The rapids can only be negotiated with strong show of force, and quite tumultuously. One could say that Fi fights against Fe by turning to Te to navigate the treacherous waters. Under extreme duress, this means that the outburst can be violently cold and austere, even severe, resorting to cold, cutting language to intimidate the offending party. (words like stupid, incompetent, clumsy, etc. would be used--belittling words)

    That's my take, as I think about things, bouncing off of the thought of "is it logical?" :-)
    itselly and Prada thanked this post.

  2. #42
    ISFP - The Artists

    Quote Originally Posted by itselly View Post

    What made me think I might be Fe is that sometimes ppl's feelings or actions can effect me and my mood.

    If I go somewhere and meet a group of like-minded ppl who are warm, kind and nice to me, pay attention to me, and that we share interests, have similar lifestyles/values and our social habbits are alike,and they seem to like me, I would feel safe there, & although I'm an introvert and prefer being alone, I would be eager to meet them more and go do things with them!
    Then after that meeting, I would go home and be happy about my day & those ppl.

    Even if I go to a place with firm system but equality and respect, I would be fine.

    BUT...If I go to a place with very few to no like-minded ppl, and realize that those ppl are good with each other and inside their cliques, but treat me in a different way or cold way, keep secrets from me, aren't sincere, act uncomfy around me, and if we have nothing to talk about, have different ways of communicate, are too extrovert, other ppl get all the attention & no one seems to care about me, & I can't make friends there, I get depressed. I may try hard to read their face and body language. I may misinterpret them, get depressed/anxious. I would realize that I can't be myself around them. I would become quiet and mysterious around them. I would get heartbroken and I would go home with low energy and depression everyday.
    What you describe is strong feeling, and yeah, more Fi. It's not that Fi cannot be effected by others' feelings. In fact, it can be very attuned to the most subtle of affectations, etc. What it is _not_ capable of doing, however, is affecting others, certainly not willufully. To Fe, emotions/feelings are a means of communication--both the vehicle and the payload. For Fi, it is _not_ a means of communication. We may express these things, but they are just that--expressions of how we feel, with no intent of affecting how others feel. This, of course, is confusing to Fe types, who see our expressions as an attempt to affect them. Nothing you said above indicates that you wish to have an effect on the whole group, or to correct their behavior or do something to create a better environment _for them_. You are looking at it from your perspective, and how it affects _you_... Fi, not Fe

  3. #43

    Quote Originally Posted by ferroequinologist View Post
    What you describe is strong feeling, and yeah, more Fi. It's not that Fi cannot be effected by others' feelings. In fact, it can be very attuned to the most subtle of affectations, etc. What it is _not_ capable of doing, however, is affecting others, certainly not willufully. To Fe, emotions/feelings are a means of communication--both the vehicle and the payload. For Fi, it is _not_ a means of communication. We may express these things, but they are just that--expressions of how we feel, with no intent of affecting how others feel. This, of course, is confusing to Fe types, who see our expressions as an attempt to affect them. Nothing you said above indicates that you wish to have an effect on the whole group, or to correct their behavior or do something to create a better environment _for them_. You are looking at it from your perspective, and how it affects _you_... Fi, not Fe
    Very informative and useful! Thanks alot @ferroequinologist !!!
    Now I'm pretty sure I'm ISFP and not Ti-Fe/Fe-Ti!
    ferroequinologist thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #44
    ENTJ

    @itselly I see you already made peace with your functions but what you described when mentioning me, is exactly the way Fi works. The moment you say that you don't care about harmony and you care about how you feel more then it's Fi over Fe.
    itselly thanked this post.

  6. #45

    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    @itselly I see you already made peace with your functions but what you described when mentioning me, is exactly the way Fi works. The moment you say that you don't care about harmony and you care about how you feel more then it's Fi over Fe.
    Thank you so much!!!
    Prada thanked this post.


     
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. A little help with my type, please: ISTP or ISFP? Or something else?
    By Saevor in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-12-2015, 01:15 PM
  2. Whats my type ISTP or ISFP or something else?
    By xxWanderer in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 10:50 AM
  3. What's my type? ISTP? ISFP? other?
    By whitewarrior11 in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 07:45 AM
  4. [Enneagram Type 9] ISFP vs ISTP Type 9 -- Differences?
    By thunder in forum Type 9 Forum - The Peacemaker
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 03:50 AM
  5. [ISTP] Getting my bf's type down - ISTP or ISFP?
    By ukinfj in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 03:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0