If you've come here do you feel seduced?
Haha sorry for the weird start, anyway you guys know what's coming now so here goes something!
Oh yeah, I'm usually concise when I write things but I feel like here I should just let my thoughts out in a sort of vomitty mess but, you know, more deep and meaningful than vomit. Have I seduced you even more now? ;)
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I'm a bit bored but that shouldn't change things right? Male, 18.
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
(I don't have enough posts to copy the link but!! if you google Hill Ward rich border the first link will be the picture)
I love graffiti it always looks so cool and free! I wonder if it'd look nicer without the graffiti though, if I was there I'd like to practice dance there. But if there was too much graffiti I'd feel a bit unsafe. But it'd be a cool place to go to regardless! I don't think I'd bring friends there though, maybe one? In a way it's kind of romantic isn't it? Oh in my head there is no roof by the way. If there was this'd be a lot scarier. How convenient is that hill though? It raises the building in a nice way but that'd be horrible to build on? Maybe the hill poofed up because of *nervous sweat* tectonic plates? (I chose not to study that kind of science) The tree is cool.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Thoughts: Get everyone to relax and keep everyone happy.
Reactions: Ask someone to call a towing company, then take a taxi to the musicians before it's too late! If we have time I guess we could call repairmen instead! While we wait we could sing a few songs ^_^
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Of course I'll go! I'm admittedly not that keen on parties because if I drink too much then my skin might get bleh. But we're in a different town so there's no way I could say no! I might get to meet some other people not drinking much as well! I always enjoy talking to those people at parties and we could do sweet things like look at stars, sing songs around a hopefully present campfire! It'd be so cool to be around a campfire in the middle of the night!
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I feel uncomfortable. But everyone's got reasoning so I can't argue with them about it. I mean assuming it's about the more 'touchy' subjects 'religion, politics, other stuff I avoid discussing like the plague' (My father started discussing politics at the dinner table today and then I excused myself telling him I'd age faster if I listened to that sort of stuff). Yeah, if it's touchy subject I'll just stay quiet, or say that I don't have much of an opinion or that I haven't thought about it much. If it's something like cats are better than dogs though I'll get it on that >_< (If you tell people that they can't have white as a favourite colour you are mean and should reconsider your words)
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
You're saying it clashes but does it directly negate? If it negates I mean you don't have a choice but to accept it, but if it just clashes and you can still account for that clash using your previous beliefs, experiences and habits I don't see why you shouldn't fight a bit more for what you believe in. If it's just a news report that says "cracking knuckles = death" then you should stop cracking your knuckles even if you can think of why it doesn't = death because it makes a scary noise anyway.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Working hard, determination, independence, ability to adapt and a sense of image. I struggle to look up to or respect people who don't show these traits at some point. Seeing people do things half-heartedly makes me angry. People without independence are not people I dislike, but they aren't the sort of people I want to get too close to. By independence I don't mean 'going free and living a Bohemian life' btw. You can be a factory walker and still be independent. I get people will rely on each other through tough times but if you can never handle yourself then I'll end up either helping you which will affect my life negatively or I'll not help you and feel terrible. Ability to adapt I guess is the same thing. I don't mind if people don't dress well or look good around their friends or their own places, but I feel if you're going in public you should try to look decent. Also using manners and stuff because rude people come off as extremely selfish.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a: I have a future goal and it seems like there's a very low chance I'll get there but I'm basically giving up all of my comfort (and a lot of free money lol) for it. Determination/Perseverance? In combination with being someone who is pretty jokey and light.
b: I want to be more comfortable with looking stupid.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Follow them! It happens when I see how someone looks. I literally judge books by covers(How else do you judge them) although I'm not a book reader. Should I have specified textbooks? When I'm dancing or playing music I might take it somewhere where I'm not sure where it goes but in my head I'll be like 'It's going to look/sound awesome.'
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a). Singing! Drinking my mother's ginger tea! Buying food with friends! Dancing! Performing! Leaving the place I live in right now! Music Composition! Speeches! Meeting people who are interesting and/or older than me. Being able to speak to myself in a more comfortable language.
b). Playing piano. Playing Saxophone. Speaking too much English. Tweaking small harmonies in composition. Living in the house/country I'm in right now(Feel trapped). Meeting people who are uninteresting while being younger than me.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I kind of just act like how the other person/people I'm with would want me to if I'm in a more public situation. With friends I'm way more lose, I don't talk about my problems unless if they're interesting or I know it'll lead to fun/good conversation. I encourage my friends to though because it's good for you and I can now see I'm kind of being hypocritical. I'm a lot more touchy with my friends in public then I am in private?
I think that's it anyway. Sorry if this was super long!
Oh and if it helps I'm enneagram 3w4