What determines order in a function stack? (Assistance in finding one) - Page 2

What determines order in a function stack? (Assistance in finding one)

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 121
Thank Tree27Thanks

This is a discussion on What determines order in a function stack? (Assistance in finding one) within the What's my personality type? forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; So would you say you relate better to P types over J types?...

  1. #11

    So would you say you relate better to P types over J types?
    CopperrHareV thanked this post.

  2. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty23 View Post
    So would you say you relate better to P types over J types?
    Yes I do I guess.

  3. #13

    Well, it looks like your preferred functions are Fi, Se, Ni, Te. Which leaves either ISFP=Fi, Se, Ni, Te. Or INTJ= Ni, Te, Fi, Se. But you seem to relate better to the P types so I think you are an ISFP= Fi, Se, Ni, Te :) What do you think?
    CopperrHareV thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    An ISFP huh, that sounds accurate. I was aware of the Fi-Ni thing but I din't think it was possible my weak Ni uses. I doubt I'm an INTJ for that reason so ISFP it is! You are very good at what you do.
    Kitty23 thanked this post.

  6. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty23 View Post
    Well, it looks like your preferred functions are Fi, Se, Ni, Te. Which leaves either ISFP=Fi, Se, Ni, Te. Or INTJ= Ni, Te, Fi, Se. But you seem to relate better to the P types so I think you are an ISFP= Fi, Se, Ni, Te :) What do you think?
    Well I guess its difficult.I know type doesn't determine everything and given proper guidance by others I can be affected in different ways. I also somewhat relate to ISFP's like Emerson and Thoreau who describe a need for individualism. But I do have concerns.

    1. I'm only 16. I guess it would make sense for Fi to be my dominant and I thought this to be true from the start. However, I don't know how to develop Extroverted Sensing. It's still weird for me and I'm not sure I know what to expect or how to train it up.
    2. This would also explain how lost I sort of feel and I guess I'll have to talk to someone else about Te for ISFPs, because in this stage of my life I really need my inferior functions...
    3. Does this mean that I'm subject to be apart of an Fi-Ni loop where Fi has my Ni try to convince myself of things based on how I feel? Someone has already said that this is what I was experiencing but they didn't seem trustworthy.
    4. What Ennegram types are common for ISFPs and how might I find mine?
    5. Lastly, do I have to be artsy? I'm not doing anything artsy at the moment and have 0 developed talents for any fine arts. I use to be a musician but that was very annoying due to inconvenient times and hard practices.

  7. #16

    1. I'm only 16. I guess it would make sense for Fi to be my dominant and I thought this to be true from the start. However, I don't know how to develop Extroverted Sensing. It's still weird for me and I'm not sure I know what to expect or how to train it up.

    Extraverted sensing is all about living in the here and now. It's about living fully in the moment. It's about risk taking and thriving on new and exciting experiences/adrenaline rush. So for example, you could use this function by playing sports, or taking time each day to focus on the present moment.

    2. This would also explain how lost I sort of feel and I guess I'll have to talk to someone else about Te for ISFPs, because in this stage of my life I really need my inferior functions...

    Well, how I use my Te (which is my second function):
    I can tell you the exact time I'll arrive somewhere, I love making goals and To- do lists, my room is spotless, I like deadlines, I can organize my time very well to do everything I want to do, when getting things done I put aside my emotions. I like to make things happen. I get a high from accomplishing goals. I wanted to go to college so I made it happen. I like things to run smoothly and efficiently. I hate making the same mistake twice. When someone says they're going to talk about three topics but I notice when they only talk about two topics. I like making decisions based on what's rational. When I as a kid I was the leader in our friends group. Telling the rules, making sure people play fair, making sure the game is running smoothly.

    So you could practice using Te by taking on leadership roles, making to-do-lists, and organizing your external world, such as cleaning your bedroom everyday.

    3. Does this mean that I'm subject to be apart of an Fi-Ni loop where Fi has my Ni try to convince myself of things based on how I feel? Someone has already said that this is what I was experiencing but they didn't seem trustworthy.

    Yes, you are subject to the Fi-Ni loop. But remember MBTI is just a theory and not every ISFP is exactly the same.

    Fi-Ni loop:For ISFPs, Se is there to make sure they engage with the external world in a way that allows their inner world to be expressed outwardly (since they tend to focus too much attention on their own experiences). ISFPs who do not want to involve themselves with the external world (because it infringes upon their inner boundaries) will instead utilize Ni to come up with strong intuitive/gut reasons for why the external world is not worthy of their involvement or imagine that any action would lead to negative consequences, and so they can continue to go with what feels most inwardly comfortable. This ultimately fails because, without being active in the external world, they will not be able to find any proper direction and will feel as though they cannot do anything meaningful or help others effectively, which is what they are actually seeking.

    My life as a ISFP - Funky MBTI in Fiction

    4. What Ennegram types are common for ISFPs and how might I find mine?

    4, 6, and 9, seem to be the most common enneagram types for ISFP's.

    Types characterized by introverts (4, 5, 6, 9) and extraverts (2, 7, 8 )
    •Intuitives (3, 4, 5) and sensors (6)
    •Thinkers (5, 8 ) and feelers (2, 4, 9)
    •Perceivers (3, 6, 7, 9) and judgers (1, 8 )

    You can find your enneagram type by reading the enneagram info I'll post next on this thread or/and taking enneagram tests.

    This site gives you a list of numerous free online enneagram tests:

    Personality Types: Free Enneagram Tests - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

    Personally, my favorite is the "classical" test on: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

    5. Lastly, do I have to be artsy? I'm not doing anything artsy at the moment and have 0 developed talents for any fine arts. I use to be a musician but that was very annoying due to inconvenient times and hard practices.

    No, you do not have to be artsy.
    CopperrHareV thanked this post.

  8. #17

    Enneagram:
    Each number has its own basic fear, basic desire, experienced a negative childhood message, under stress each type acts like another number, and when in a healthy growth state each type acts like another number.

    Basic fear:
    type 1- of being bad, imbalanced, defective, corrupt
    type 2- Of being unloved
    type 3- of being worthless
    type 4- of having no identity or significance
    type 5- of being helpless, incompetent, or incapable
    type 6-of being without support or guidance
    type 7- of being trapped in pain and deprivation
    type 8- of being harmed, controlled, and violated
    type 9- of loss, separation, and fragmentation

    Basic desire:
    type 1- to be good, to have integrity
    type 2-to feel love
    type 3-to feel valuable
    type 4- to be themselves
    type 5- to be capable and competent
    type 6- to have guidance and support
    type 7- to be satisfied and content
    type 8- to protect themselves
    type 9- peace of mind and wholeness

    unconscious negative childhood message:
    type 1- It's not okay to make mistakes
    type 2- It's not okay to have your own needs
    type 3-It's not okay to have your own feelings and identity
    type 4- It's not okay to be too functional or too happy
    type 5- It's not okay to be comfortable in the world
    type 6- It's not okay to trust yourself
    type 7- It's not okay to depend on anyone for anything
    type 8- It's not okay to be vulnerable or trust anyone
    type 9- It's not okay to assert yourself

    Under stress each type acts like another number:
    type 1 acts like: moody and irrational like 4
    type 2 acts like: aggressive and dominating like 8
    type 3 acts like: disengaged and apathetic like 9
    type 4 acts like: overindulged and clinging like 2
    type 5 acts like: hyperactive and scattered like 7
    type 6 acts like: competitive and arrogant like 3
    type 7 acts like: perfectionistic and critical like 1
    type 8 acts like: secretive and fearful like 5
    type 9 acts like: anxious and worried like 6

    When in a healthy growth state each type acts like another number:
    type 1 acts like: 7
    type 2 acts like: 4
    type 3 acts like: 6
    type 4 acts like: 1
    type 5 acts like: 8
    type 6 acts like: 9
    type 7 acts like: 5
    type 8 acts like: 2
    type 9 acts like: 3

    Info came from enneagram workshop I took
    Last edited by Kitty23; 01-15-2016 at 05:31 PM.
    CopperrHareV thanked this post.

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty23 View Post
    Enneagram:
    Each number has its own basic fear, basic desire, experienced a negative childhood message, under stress each type acts like another number, and when in a healthy growth state each type acts like another number.

    Basic fear:
    type 1- of being bad, imbalanced, defective, corrupt
    type 2- Of being unloved
    type 3- of being worthless
    type 4- of having no identity or significance
    type 5- of being helpless, incompetent, or incapable
    type 6-of being without support or guidance
    type 7- of being trapped in pain and deprivation
    type 8- of being harmed, controlled, and violated
    type 9- of loss, separation, and fragmentation

    Basic desire:
    type 1- to be good, to have integrity
    type 2-to feel love
    type 3-to feel valuable
    type 4- to be themselves
    type 5- to be capable and competent
    type 6- to have guidance and support
    type 7- to be satisfied and content
    type 8- to protect themselves
    type 9- peace of mind and wholeness

    unconscious negative childhood message:
    type 1- It's not okay to make mistakes
    type 2- It's not okay to have your own needs
    type 3-It's not okay to have your own feelings and identity
    type 4- It's not okay to be too functional or too happy
    type 5- It's not okay to be comfortable in the world
    type 6- It's not okay to trust yourself
    type 7- It's not okay to depend on anyone for anything
    type 8- It's not okay to be vulnerable or trust anyone
    type 9- It's not okay to assert yourself

    Under stress each type acts like another number:
    type 1 acts like: moody and irrational like 4
    type 2 acts like: aggressive and dominating like 8
    type 3 acts like: disengaged and apathetic like 9
    type 4 acts like: overindulged and clinging like 2
    type 5 acts like: hyperactive and scattered like 7
    type 6 acts like: competitive and arrogant like 3
    type 7 acts like: perfectionistic and critical like 1
    type 8 acts like: secretive and fearful like 5
    type 9 acts like: anxious and worried like 6

    When in a healthy growth state each type acts like another number:
    type 1 acts like: 7
    type 2 acts like: 4
    type 3 acts like: 6
    type 4 acts like: 1
    type 5 acts like: 8
    type 6 acts like: 9
    type 7 acts like: 5
    type 8 acts like: 2
    type 9 acts like: 3

    Info came from enneagram workshop I took
    8W9 or 9w1 for me, thought the 8w9 might be a better fit.

    That blog was my life and entire reason I thought I wasn't an ISFP. Thanks for that.

  10. #19

    Oh really? which blog? :) "My life as a ISFP"?

    Here is also a link for ISFP characters and the way they use their functions is described:

    #c: isfp - Funky MBTI in Fiction
    CopperrHareV thanked this post.

  11. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty23 View Post
    Oh really? which blog? :) "My life as a ISFP"?

    Here is also a link for ISFP characters and the way they use their functions is described:

    #c: isfp - Funky MBTI in Fiction
    Well thank you for all your help. You are amazing at what you do and I wish I could have your skills. See you around then!
    Kitty23 thanked this post.


     
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Playing around with my cognitive function stack
    By FX in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 02:49 AM
  2. Question on function stack order...
    By JasmineDarlene in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-16-2015, 02:57 PM
  3. I need assistance on finding which type I am.
    By evilputty in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2014, 08:31 AM
  4. Determining function stack and type.
    By Satan Claus in forum Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 01:33 AM
  5. Looking for assistance for finding my Enneagram type.
    By sanari in forum What's my Enneagram type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-25-2011, 05:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0