I just learned what cognitive functions are recently, and I would like to find my type based on that rather than just Introverted vs Extroversion, iNtuition vs Sensing, etc. I filled out a questionnaire so people could help me find my type.
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
There's nothing that I can think of that will affect how I answer the questions. I'm female, 16, and I am bored at the moment and a little frustrated because I can't seem to find my type!
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
(the images are of the ocean and a table with a cup and croissant)
I prefer the first image which is of the ocean. I have always loved the ocean and the scenery in the image is beautiful. It's night time I believe, and I'm not sure where this was taken, but it looks quite cold. There is a green section in the sky which reminds me of the arctic lights. You can see the stars clearly.
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I'm just going to name some of my personality traits. I'm very quiet and reserved, and I prefer to listen rather than talk. I'm also quite a shy person and very awkward. I have a lot of goals I want to accomplish, but I lack motivation to accomplish those goals. I'm not sure what else to add. I care very much about what other people think of me.
4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I would like to be someone who doesn't care about what other people think of them. I would also like to be more rebellious and less shy. I like being a reserved person, I just don't like being shy. A lot of my favorite characters in books and movies and such were always rebellious and just didn't care, and I think it's just what my ideal version of myself looks like. I don't want to be someone who doesn't speak their mind and keeps their opinions to themselves to avoid conflict. I'm a Remus Lupin who wants to be a Sirius Black who doesn't want to be a Peter Pettigrew.
5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I show a different version of myself to other people, so I think there are differences between who I am and how people perceive me, but I don't know what others think of me. I think they may see me as kinder than I am because of my shy demeanor. I remember one time I was talking to my friend at school, and I was telling her about a boy in one of my classes that I disliked, and she seemed shocked that I could dislike someone. However, everyone knows that I am a very quiet and reserved person.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I value excitement, fun, adventure, and honesty. I crave adventure in my life, and if I could make a wish and it would come true, I would wish for adventure. I'm quite bored a lot of the time, so having fun and excitement is important to me because I absolutely detest being bored.
7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I can't really think of a good example for this.
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I think I am relatively calm in stressful situations and am able to use my head and think things through. I was recently in a car crash, which was my first wreck, and I was able to stay calm whilst the driver was freaking out. I tried to calm the driver down because she was crying and scared, and I was getting frustrated because she wouldn't calm down, and I couldn't understand why she was acting like this.
9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I am a very happy person in enjoyable situations. I was at a house and there was a stray dog that eventually ate from my hand. I was ecstatic because it was very skittish and she trusted me enough to eat from my hand. In these situations I'm all smiles and just happy overall. Another example is that I recently went to the bookstore to get a copy of a book that had just come out, and I got the last copy. I heard someone ask for the same book about a minute later, and they were told that the book was sold out. I was so happy I had made it in time to buy it.
10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I genuinely don't like socializing. If I could stay in my room for the rest of my life and not speak to anyone, I would. I love one-on-one if it's with someone I am comfortable talking to and there aren't awkward silences, but I dislike when I'm talking to someone I'm uncomfortable with and there are awkward silences throughout the conversation. I prefer group interaction to one-on-one because I like to listen rather than talk, so if the group doesn't require me to talk I'm fine. I prefer one-on-one if I have to speak in the group conversation. However, I like group conversations if it's with my close friends or people I can talk to.
Overall, I like group interaction more.
11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I value social norms because I care so much about what people think of me. If I don't follow social norms I'm afraid people will automatically judge me and think of me as weird. I prefer my own values to the values of society, however. I think your values are important and you shouldn't change them to fit in somewhere. I don't care for traditions; it's whatever.
12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I'm not sure what this means. Authority as in who? Police officers? Teachers? Could someone please clarify?
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I prefer chaos to order because chaos is funner to me. Order is having everything organized and having everything prepared, and chaos is disorganization-it's spontaneity. In my daily life I try to be orderly, but chaos tends to take over. For example, I will clean my room and one day I will leave laundry on my chair. Then, I will begin leaving even more laundry on top of it. This keeps going on and on until I feel like organizing again. This cycle happens again and again.
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I fear that I'm going to care so much about what people think of me forever. I have always cared a lot about other people's thoughts on me and I thought it would get better as I get older, but it seems to be getting worse. This affects my day to day life. I have a pair of boots I'm afraid to wear in public because I'm scared of other people's opinions! It's ridiculous! I think this fear is what makes me change myself to fit in with other groups of people.
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I desire adventure in life. I don't strive for anything because I lack motivation, but ideally I would like to explore places that haven't been explored. I think all the books I read fuel my desire. I always read adventure/fantasy books, and it just makes me want to have my own adventure.
16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Playing video games definitely energizes me. I get drained from doing things I don't like. For example, if I am forced to go to a party that I didn't want to go to I get drained.
17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I like getting to know myself, and I think I could unlock parts of my self that I don't know and improve myself. I feel like I don't know who I am (lol), and I want to learn who I am, and I think this would help me. I always score INTP when I take tests, but I felt most connected to ENTP when I read the description on truity (the descriptions for each type are always different for different websites). ISTP, INTP, ENTP, and INTJ appeal to me most. I think they appeal to me so much because these are the versions of myself that I WANT to be. I don't know my enneagram, but my SLOAN is RCUEI. Here is my Keys2Cognition result:
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.9)
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.2)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.9)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.1)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28.3)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.8)
I would like to point out that the last time I took this quiz, which was about a week, I got ISFJ which is the opposite of INTP. ????? Or I got ISFP I'm not 100% sure.
18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
No, but if anyone has a question that would help them, just ask and I will answer.