The Big 80 (I took 2 days to complete it, please help) - Page 2

The Big 80 (I took 2 days to complete it, please help)

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Thank Tree7Thanks

This is a discussion on The Big 80 (I took 2 days to complete it, please help) within the What's my Socionics type? forums, part of the Socionics Forum category; @ Word Dispenser I am extremely confused by Socionics as of this moment and I'm still trying to understand it. ...

  1. #11

    @Word Dispenser I am extremely confused by Socionics as of this moment and I'm still trying to understand it. As far as function goes, I relate very much to Fi and Ne. I got the function descriptions from this website.

    In the Se description, I only relate to " For example, if you sense that someone is up to no good, then you trust that sense." and disagree with everything else. According to the description "If you have an impulse to paint the town red, then you go out and do so." I am not an impulsive person because I calculate the consequences of my actions.

  2. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Schweeeeks View Post
    Low probability. Ne definitions translate over easily between the two systems. You would go from Ne auxiliary (quite skilled) to Ne PoLR (blindspot).
    There's more buffer room in IMEs with very different descriptions like Se, Si, Fe, Te.

    Edit: Sorry, WD! Didn't mean to directly counter you with my post right after.
    She is right in this situation, OP. Most people are suffering from special snowflake syndrome instead of actually having a case. There are a few types who are less likely to translate perfectly. LSI is close, really can't go INFP out of it.
    Sorry, what are IMEs? Hmm, I was just curious but I guess it really does seem unlikely. If that is the case, how are some INFPs IEI in Socionics? I am not well-versed in Socionics and still don't quite understand the model because of its complexity.

  3. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavaller View Post
    Sorry, what are IMEs? Hmm, I was just curious but I guess it really does seem unlikely. If that is the case, how are some INFPs IEI in Socionics? I am not well-versed in Socionics and still don't quite understand the model because of its complexity.
    IME = information elements. It's basically the word for "cognitive functions" in Socionics. The word functions is already taken though, supposed to indicate "where the IME takes place" (aka Base, Creative, PoLR, so on and so forth)

    INFP IEIs could be mistypes. However both INFP and IEI still have most of the same strong elements.
    Ne, Fi is also present in IEI; Fe and (lesser extent) Ni is present in INFP. Ni definitions are a bit different between the systems, so a little more room for error than say Ne.
    Like I said with LSI INFP, you're taking auxiliary Ne which is very strong and making it a function so unsophisticated/low in usage, it's a blind spot. Really unlikely.

    Socionics is more of a relational model (how you connect/interact with each element; zoom out and you have an intertype relationship chart) which is different from MBTI cognitive functions (information processing only).

    Edit: Pretty much any PoLR is unlikely to be a strong element in MBTI (Dom, Auxiliary). It goes the other way around too. Ti is Devilish function [spoiler] for INFP. It's not possible for a function to be the worst for you in one system, yet be your main go-to function in another. Even though there may be differences in definitions themselves, the definitions aren't different enough to account for that.
     
    The devilish role can be quite negative. Using the process that plays this role, we might become destructive of ourselves or others.

    Actions (or inactions) taken when we engage in the process that plays this role are often regretted later.

    Usually, we are unaware of how to use the process that fills this role and feel like it just erupts and imposes itself rather unconsciously.

    Yet when we are open to the process that plays the devilish role, it becomes transformative. It gives us the impetus to create something new—to make lemonade out of lemons, rather than lament their sourness.
    http://cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm
    Last edited by Schweeeeks; 09-10-2014 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Ahhh!!! Really bad typo, please re-read :(
    heroindisguise and Word Dispenser thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    @Schweeeeks The information you provided has been very helpful. You've summed things up nicely for a newbie like me I took months to understand the MBTI properly and am much better at it, so if the functions are closely similar then I am INFP more so than LSI, which brings me back to square 1 lol.
    Schweeeeks thanked this post.

  6. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavaller View Post
    @Schweeeeks The information you provided has been very helpful. You've summed things up nicely for a newbie like me I took months to understand the MBTI properly and am much better at it, so if the functions are closely similar then I am INFP more so than LSI, which brings me back to square 1 lol.
    Well then. If you're positive about being an INFP, then in Socionics, you would be an EII-INFj. Same cognitive functions. Simple.
    heroindisguise thanked this post.

  7. #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavaller View Post
    I think that logic can be an abstract concept and there are different ways to look at it. For example, if I spill water on the floor, it is logical that the floor will be wet. There is no argument. However, logic can also be seen in another way. The world used to think that Earth is flat. At that point of time, it was only logical for everybody to think of the world that way. However, it was proven that the world is in fact, round. Therefore, our "logic" has changed. This "kind" of logic is merely a concept designed by humans. What we think of as logical now may not in fact be logical if you understand what I mean.
    Yeah that's what I meant by using wrong data to make conclusions. The logical reasoning itself may be correct, just wrong premises. I still find it weird you call it a concept designed by humans. But it sounds like you are not actually thinking of the reasoning process itself (which is what logic really is) but focusing on some practical side of it instead.


    OK, examples:

    Se PoLR:

    I honestly don't think that I can do either. I hate leading and telling people what to do.

    Do you mean to ask if I have strategies of attack, or do strategies of attack exist? If you meant the former then no and if you meant the latter then yes. I can't imagine myself using them

    My behaviour might differ from how I imagine it to be. I would be very reluctant to use force. I am not a violent person and avoid it at all cause. It will only happen if I absolutely have no choice. I think I might be agitated

    Physically strong? Hell no. Mentally strong? Maybe, but I am not sure. I think I can be emotionally strong.
    & in general you only use Se for Fi reasons (for people you love), e.g.:

    I am usually very easy going and non-imposing but if someone threatens to hurt someone I love I can become very hostile

    "My people" would mean the people I love. My close friends, family, boyfriend etc. I only have a few close friends and will only fiercely defend the people I love.
    & the last answer in the Se block, is very much from a Fi perspective.


    devalued and weak Ti (seemingly used from an Ethical perspective):

    I follow the rules of society to blend into and function in society, but I don't follow rules which I think are harmful, unnecessary or counterproductive.

    I would suck so bad in writing one because I'd most probably miss some steps.

    I have no idea. If you mean to say my mindset and values etc., I wouldn't say that I've been consistent

    I wouldn't even want to move to put my library in order
    & your reasoning to the question about freedom vs laws


    weak but possibly valued Te:

    But work can also provide us with new learning experiences, and all these may be valuable for my personal growth. I think the parameters are simply - Is it challenging/ intellectually stimulating? Does it give me meaning?

    Upset and wondering what is it that I don't do right? And ask that person what do they mean.

    The only things I really do purchase are books, clothes, makeup and skincare. The quality of a book would be its content, clothes being its material and cut, makeup and skincare for the effects it has on my skin?

    valued Fi and sometimes with Ne:

    I think interesting work is work that is able to help in my personal growth and is related to something I value/ am interested in
    & Your answer to the 4th question in Fi block (block V)

    & the first Te quote

    & Your answer to what beauty is

    Etc :)


    Otoh, I want to say that on reading your answers a bit more closely, I'm not 100% sure on EII, you could be ESI as well, of the Fi subtype. I say this because you seem to be kind of ok using Se-ish stuff if it's for Fi reasons. You say you test N in MBTI but that's just one thing. Your Si answers don't seem like strong Si so that'd point towards EII. Anyway check out both ExI's and see for yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Word Dispenser View Post
    Sure!

    You seem to have a strong grasp of Ti, and seemed to have Fe dual-seeking, with a relatively strong Se
    hehh where did it seem strong Ti and Fe-DS? The Se maybe in places, if OP is ESI-Fi.
    heroindisguise thanked this post.

  8. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavaller View Post
    @Word Dispenser I am extremely confused by Socionics as of this moment and I'm still trying to understand it. As far as function goes, I relate very much to Fi and Ne. I got the function descriptions from this website.

    In the Se description, I only relate to " For example, if you sense that someone is up to no good, then you trust that sense." and disagree with everything else. According to the description "If you have an impulse to paint the town red, then you go out and do so." I am not an impulsive person because I calculate the consequences of my actions.
    Ah I didn't reply to the new posts yet... Check out socionics function descriptions too at Wikisocion - Socionics Wiki - ????????? ????, Lenore is not socionics.

    Though if you relate to Ne so much in it then you're probably EII > ESI and I would only see ESI if you're totally Fi subtype and that's a poor way of reasoning for one type :p

    Oh and that thing about painting the town red sounds like a pretty idiotic example lol. An exaggerated example about impulsivity. Yeah you being IJ would not be impulsive much.

  9. #18

    @myst91 You have a detailed description of where I might look like what and I appreciate it a lot! However, I think that my willingness to use Se to defend the people I love may be more akin to me willing to do anything for them. I have checked out the website you provided and I don't think that the definitions for Ne differs much from MBTI. I'm trying to get my boyfriend to read on the descriptions base on his understanding of me as well though he hasn't gotten back to me! I may have some doubts about Se though, since I have an ISFP friend and I often disagree with the way she handle things. It can even irk me sometimes, how she decides to do something because she feels like it and doesn't consider that she will regret it in future.

    Maybe the only thing that I can relate to Se is when I try to take control of a situation when I think that someone else can't handle it? I RARELY do this though and only dare do it to someone as close to my boyfriend. I think the amount of times it has happened can be calculated with one hand. Sometimes I do have the urge to do it but I never really take action. It's kind of all in my head - "I would do it this way instead" but never end up doing it lol.

  10. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavaller View Post
    @myst91 You have a detailed description of where I might look like what and I appreciate it a lot!
    Description of what?


    I may have some doubts about Se though, since I have an ISFP friend and I often disagree with the way she handle things. It can even irk me sometimes, how she decides to do something because she feels like it and doesn't consider that she will regret it in future.
    Sounds like you're intuitive type (EII) or good focus on Ni (ESI)


    Maybe the only thing that I can relate to Se is when I try to take control of a situation when I think that someone else can't handle it? I RARELY do this though and only dare do it to someone as close to my boyfriend. I think the amount of times it has happened can be calculated with one hand. Sometimes I do have the urge to do it but I never really take action. It's kind of all in my head - "I would do it this way instead" but never end up doing it lol.
    Well that sounds more like Se PoLR to me. Though you could try to answer yourself about why you usually decide not to take action

  11. #20

    @myst91 I meant to say that you pointed out in which parts of the questionnaire you saw which functions in me. My bad for being unclear! It was 8 in the morning and I hadn't had any sleep

    I'd asked my boyfriend to read both EII and ESI descriptions and he seem to think EII sounds more like me. Thank you for your help! I guess I'm more inclined to believe that I am an EII, though I'll reevaluate and read up on Se to prevent mistyping.


     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI of Big Pun (Big Punisher, Christopher Rios)?!?
    By Chris Ortega in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2018, 03:36 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 12:40 PM
  3. [ENFJ] What does Fe-Ni feel like? On good days? on bad days?
    By dulcinea in forum ENFJ Forum - The Givers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 12:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0