It is high time this questionnaire gets a thread on its own. It is quite popular at least right now, and it gives a refreshing alternative take on typing.
Please note when filling out the questionnaire that thoughts on every question are not what is important. If you don't know any way to answer a question, just leave it out. The important stuff with this questionnaire is the actual content of your answers, and how you arrived at your answers. Also important is what you think about the questions, and how you feel answering them. It is better to answer 5 questions in a couple paragraphs each than to answer the entire questionnaire with a sentence apiece. What we need for typing is to know how you think.
40Q Philosophical Questionnaire
1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?
4. What happens after we die?
5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
8. What is true happiness?
9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
10. What makes you, you?
11. What is the truth?
12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
13. How do you know your perceptions are real?
14. What makes a good friend?
15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
16. Who decides what morality is?
17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?
19. Is there a reason to life?
20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?
21. What is true strength?
22. What is true love?
23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
24. What role does honor play in today’s society?
25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
26. How should people live their lives?
27. How much control do you have over your life?
28. What is freedom?
29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?
30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
31. What defines you?
32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
33. Do we have a soul?
34. What is intelligence?
35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
36. What is reality?
37. Is trust more important than love?
38. Is it easier to love or be loved?
39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
40. Do aliens exist?