Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 984 Posts

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
I love extremes and I will break 6s in a confrontation.
Lol. This part hopped out at me the most. I love this attitude. Yep, its my favorite.

I will actually allow a person to think they could break me in a confrontation, before it takes place because I'll see it coming, but feign being aloof. In reality though, I'll have a multiple well thought out strategies and plans of attack to defeat their ass. I'll even give them an opening to take a shot and when they do, by the time they realize that it was a trap, it will be too late.

SOM is right. Dont underestimate CP 6s. I've been underestimated twice in my short 22 years of life, and it didn't well for the person on the receiving end of it. The first time the person ended up arrested and alienated everyone she knew, and the second time, the person almost lost their job. Which, is really funny considering I was the one committing mass murder, so to speak.

Though for me, conflict is a reflex. I don't like to have to do it. I don't relish in it like the type 8 does, but to me, thats the best part. The 8 is more obvious and exposed in their like for conflict. I fly more under the radar, kind of cloaked. The level of unpredictability is much high for me.

I'll come at you like a ninja assassin and while I might not choose to kill you, I will leave you with a deep and visible scar. It will be a constant reminder that if you dare to fuck with me again, it will equal death.

Though, it is heavily calibrated to the situation. Something huge would have to happen for me to sink to an unhealthy level of the CP 6, and I'm not saying that it could never happen to me.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
@Chipps floats like a butterfly stings like a bee!:wink:
Lol.

Thing is, I'm realizing through reading this thread, and looking back on my childhood, its becoming more and more apparent why I identified so heavily with the 8.

I've dealt with alot of crazy ass people in my family. My grandmother was a very unhealthy and narcissistic 2w3. I had an aunt who was a pathological liar and probably had histrionic disorder. My sister was a huge drama queen and definitely an unhealthy heart core type. More than a few of my male family members were probably unhealthy 6s or even 8s, so I've dealt with a lot of unhealthy personalities at the same time and over a long period of time in close quarter so give me a healthy 8 and watch me have a yawn attack. Like cute kittens you are.

I too identify with the confidence when it comes to power and I don't need to prove anything, but I do poke and systematically break down authority like a true 6w5.

I feel like the 6 is always portrayed as being highly anxious or almost shaking when a confrontation happens. <--thats the part I object to the most. You wont see my hand shaking and although the anxiety would be there, you wouldnt see that either.

Like I said, assassin style.:ninja:

**Jumps out of the window and disappears into the night**

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
@Chipps
In fact, the nervous shaky thing suits 6w5cp the least. I've never seen a cp6w5 shaking like a leaf, in a conflict. Never. The anxiety is internalized and barely visible on the surface for most cp6w5s. Of course, others have more nervous energy. But, it's not a hard and fast rule as its presumed to be.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
@DarkSideOfLight
I read your post again and you remind me of.

PS: on a totally unrelated note, you seem like the type of person who is physically tough/aggressive, and probably decent in a fight, but who has an obvious soft spot, probably one that you are oblivious to yourself. if you are not careful, someone, probably a beautiful yet deceitful woman, will get a hold of this soft, sentimental side and use it to manipulate and undue you. it's okay to have a soft spot (and you do, trust me), just make sure you become aware of it before anyone else does so that they can't use it against you. I'm not sure why I felt compelled to tell you this, perhaps I just felt like you needed to hear it. anyway, I'm not here to preach to you, you can take it how you want.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
PS: on a totally unrelated note, you seem like the type of person who is physically tough/aggressive, and probably decent in a fight, but who has an obvious soft spot, probably one that you are oblivious to yourself. if you are not careful, someone, probably a beautiful yet deceitful woman, will get a hold of this soft, sentimental side and use it to manipulate and undue you. it's okay to have a soft spot (and you do, trust me), just make sure you become aware of it before anyone else does so that they can't use it against you. I'm not sure why I felt compelled to tell you this, perhaps I just felt like you needed to hear it. anyway, I'm not here to preach to you, you can take it how you want.
I approved this message.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Here's another difference I find between myself and Cp6s I have observed IRL and on this forum. I don't feel a need to talk about whatever strength/power blah blah I perceive that I have. I call it flexing. When the time comes and/or calls for it, there is not much talking, going back and forward, etc. and I don't care whether someone underestimates me or not. My relationship and motivation in conflicts it seems come from a totally different place.

But, I notice CP6s like to sell a lot of "wolf" tickets so to speak. And, it's not to say that they are to be underestimated, an underling or anything of that nature as anger as a source of motivation is something I never underestimate. But, it's almost as if typically CP6s like to toot their own of horn of "badassery" on a continuing non-stop basis. <---- at least that's the impression I have gotten.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Here's another difference I find between myself and Cp6s I have observed IRL and on this forum. I don't feel a need to talk about whatever strength/power blah blah I perceive that I have. I call it flexing. When the time comes and/or calls for it, there is not much talking, going back and forward, etc. and I don't care whether someone underestimates me or not. My relationship and motivation in conflicts it seems come from a totally different place.

But, I notice CP6s like to sell a lot of "wolf" tickets so to speak. And, it's not to say that they are to be underestimated, an underling or anything of that nature as anger as a source of motivation is something I never underestimate. But, it's almost as if typically CP6s like to toot their own of horn of "badassery" on a continuing non-stop basis. <---- at least that's the impression I have gotten.
Hmm, interesting. I think its often recognized early by 8's as a sort of negative spotlight that you draw on yourself. When you talk the talk, people will want to test you to see if you can walk the walk. In fact the only time I toot my own horn is when I want someone to underestimate me so I can show off.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts

Wait...are you saying that some 8s may be cp6 :O

Ahh the ego flexing "8s". They are a pleasure.

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
@n2freedom is right with that "toting" behavior. I hate when a person has to put me on notice of how bad ass they are (but I guess I did that above, as an example, lol. IRL i'd never do it.). The way I see it is, if you are truly badass then you a.) wouldn't care if other people knew it b.) would let them find out for themselves. When ever someone notifies me I think "riiiiiiggggghhht".

I've met people that have done this to me. But they registered more as 6w7 phobic. Though I can't recall too many other details and they could have just been an insecure person of various types trying to fit in. I don't bother with gun totin'. I dont see the point. Thats another reason why I thought I was an 8.

Though, I kind of like it when people write checks their ass can't cash. I think "Time to get the popcorn out 'cause this is gonna end badly."

·
Registered
891 Posts
@DarkSideOfLight
I read your post again and you remind me of.

inuyasha-anime

Haha you made me laugh hard mate. I can say this women spot is a truism that applies to most straight guys. It is true and I'm aware of that. I don't remember any deceitful girl thou. Smell of lies makes me sick. This sickness if far from being love sick.
Anyway, it is funny as emotional relationship was my tough enemy for a long time :)

If your goal was to advertise the anime then you are successful. I will check it out and see to what degree is the main character related to me heh. "Inuyasha Movie 1: Affections Touching Across Time" - sounds good to me.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

ego is definitely there is most 8s, it's just more of an internalized thing. usually it manifests itself in being too proud to cooperate under certain conditions and getting hurt as a result. though, as you said, there is little "flexing" of the 8's ego. that's more 6 or 3

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
ego is definitely there is most 8s, it's just more of an internalized thing. usually it manifests itself in being too proud to cooperate under certain conditions and getting hurt as a result. though, as you said, there is little "flexing" of the 8's ego. that's more 6 or 3
yes my post was sarcasm as I was agreeing with n2freedom

·
Registered
7,300 Posts

*giggles* ......

Hmm, interesting. I think its often recognized early by 8's as a sort of negative spotlight that you draw on yourself. When you talk the talk, people will want to test you to see if you can walk the walk. In fact the only time I toot my own horn is when I want someone to underestimate me so I can show off.
TBH....I wouldn't even say it is something I recognized early either. Just don't/didn't feel a need to do it. And, again I really don't give a second thought to people underestimating me again my motivations for conflict come from a different place. :D

Ego Internalized.... yes. I disagree that it manifests itself as being too proud to cooperate under certain conditions and getting hurt as a result. At least for me that is not even how ego manifests itself...trust me on that one. *evil laughter* ;)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
It's so hard to reconcile all the factors in this. I've got 8w9 and 6w5 in my tritype. I've always thought I was an 8 because I positively LOVE conflict, and everyone knows it. I always act to resolve conflict on my terms, and that's why I picked 8w9. I don't really remember ever losing a significant conflict, so I don't know what I'd do if I lost one. My preferred strategy is to escalate the conflict to levels that the other person is not willing to endure. I'll love it while they hate it. I never go physical because of the type 6 fears of ramifications.

I honestly don't know if I'm dominant 8 or cp6. I do make moves to comp for potential bad outcomes. However, these moves are usually rife with "I'm plenty capable enough to address that problem if it comes up, so planning for it is unnecessary." That said, I'm not as "mean" as the stereotypical 8. I prefer to control goodwill and use it to my advantage, and it works. I used to be controlled by anger, but I've learned that being controlled by emotions is just as bad as being controlled by others. It seems like the 8 stereotype is just not very smart about things.

If that's the case, I'll be a 6 all day long. But I really don't think I am. Rather, I think the people that the 8 stereotypes are based on are stupid.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
8s can be masters of strategy. There's no reason why an 8 can't use strategies stereotypically associated with 6s, including stealth. And in another sense, even bragging can be employed strategically. So, I am pretty sure there are 8s out there who can be pretty big fuckin bragsters, whether or not they think they're 'bragging'. They just go about in a very confident, self-assured fashion. But, when the bragging is coming from an under-confident person who sounds like they're giving themselves lil pep talks..that's when it enters the realm of lame.

Mohamed Ali (who is very much an 8w7) took "bragging" to the next level. And, how I loved it coming from him. lol. I am sure there was a strategic advantage to it, as well. I don't mind some people bragging, when I can sense that they're coming from a place of confidence and fortitude. A person who can live up to their Beowulf style "epic boasts" is appreciated. If it's hot air, then yeah..it's ridiculous. I don't value "humility" very much.

"I'm not the greatest; I am the double greatest. Not only do I knock em out, I pick the round." LOL
-Ali

So, I am not as repelled by bragging as some other people. But, when it's clear that the person in question lacks confidence within and bragging is a compensatory measure, that's when I find it silly.

@Sovereign
8-6-3 is the correct typing for you. I don't see any reason to question the order. All 6 fixers "prepare themselves" for potential bad outcomes, to some extent.

My tritype is likely similar to yours, different ordering. I don't mind violence when someone has crossed the line with me and attacked me physically. Usually, I avoid it for practical reasons; I'd rather not deal with legal hassles. In my mind, it's like "you idiot..you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into..". I ignore/overlook a lot of provocation before I will swat a pesky human. My fuse is rather long. lol.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I think we're losing the big picture.

8's are freight trains that work for themselves and push their fears aside to accomplish their goals.

6's are skeptical loyalists that challenge authority in their quest to find a firm and stolid friend they can base their life around (or off of? don't argue with my syntax.) so that they can feel confident in their own independence thereafter.

The people who brag are the ones that feel some sort of vulnerability in a situation. For threes, they want their accomplishments to be known. For 6's, they want to be viewed as independant and strong willed so they brag about their accomplishments and personal power. For 8's, they might strategically brag about something because they want to rise to the top as a result of feeling "powerless."

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Some Good points @Idan of Europa
Strategic bragging wouldn't have provided much of a strategic advantage in a competitive setting, for an 8 or anyone else, if it were coming from a place of vulnerability. Bragging rooted in vulnerability comes across as just that...bragging rooted in vulnerability. And, it can make a person look like they don't have it together. So, for an 8 who is instinctively better at strategy than most ,wouldn't likely be, engaging in this form of "cover up" bragging.

I think an 8 would brag as a way to put down a competitor. Schwarzenneger (don't care for the spelling lol) did that a lot behind the scenes. I saw a documentary where he was openly bragging about himself in a way that was strategically "expedient", and it seemed to make the opponent uncomfortable. It's a psychological game. If you know how to play it right, you can benefit from it. If you're full of..hot air and are compensating for weakness, you might as well leave it alone.

Schwarzenegger is a 3, btw. And, I am sure people like Ali were bragging in a similar vein. Ali meant it; he was enjoying himself doing it; and he bloody well knew of its effects on others.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Hmm, speaking of Ali, "I'm the Greatest" more or less sounds to me like, "Hooray I did it," as opposed to a 6's interpretation which is, "Yeah you see that? I did something better than you. Eat a dick!"

It could also be a way of saying, "You see that? All you people who tried to stop me, look where I am now!" (a form of vengeance to those who underestimated him, rubbing it in their faces, which would stem from a deep feeling of... something deep. His secret lack of self worth and need to prove himself to others, or possibly sense of justice?)

Also if you want to look an insecurities, I would say 8's suffer from isolation while 6's suffer from anxiety. Check out mike tyson (I'll bet my left nut he's an 8). Dude wants everyone to just f off and leave him alone for once.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
@Sovereign
8-6-3 is the correct typing for you. I don't see any reason to question the order. All 6 fixers "prepare themselves" for potential bad outcomes, to some extent.

My tritype is likely similar to yours, different ordering. I don't mind violence when someone has crossed the line with me and attacked me physically. Usually, I avoid it for practical reasons; I'd rather not deal with legal hassles. In my mind, it's like "you idiot..you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into..". I ignore/overlook a lot of provocation before I will swat a pesky human. My fuse is rather long. lol.
I appreciate the sentiment. The main reason the questioning exists is because I desire to supply a dominant type, mainly for the benefit of others. If I supply 8, at least they can reasonably expect a good portion of my regular behavior. I certainly don't lose any sleep over it. lol

I was assuming that people wouldn't actually initiate physical contact with me. I'm not Arnold, but working out 4 hours a day during high school had an effect. College has been spent mainly losing the excess weight, but I've still never had a physical confrontation. If I were to be assaulted, I wouldn't envy the other guy.

Edit: Back on topic, I think the biggest thing I notice is demeanor. I can sense the anxiety. I haven't found any better way to identify 6. If I met another me, I might mistype him, depending on what was happening when I saw him.

Reactions: obstinatesnooperr
61 - 80 of 984 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.